Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You aren?t getting it. Interest... any interest... is indicative of a reaction, positive or negative. There is some passion to want to like it or hate it. The ST doesn?t have that. People saw the movie so they could talk to there buddies at work for a week and then it?s done. There is no interest, no rewatch value, nothing from the ST."

Interesting, by this definition TLJ is the most popular Star Wars movie then (so by default the ST has the most interest; positive or negative, than the PT.) The non-stop hating/defending that was going on with that movie was/is crazy intense, more so than anything than I ever experienced with the OT and the PT (and I have lived through all three trilogies releases.)

Glad there?s like three of you here that think that

The three that count ;) ;)

Interesting, by this definition TLJ is the most popular Star Wars movie then (so by default the ST has the most interest; positive or negative, than the PT.) The non-stop hating/defending that was going on with that movie was/is crazy intense, more so than anything than I ever experienced with the OT and the PT (and I have lived through all three trilogies releases.)

Excellent point.

All of the Star Wars movies will have there fans. Even the movies that I don't enjoy as much will be someone else's favorite. That is completely fine and makes us all different. I love the banter back and forth as long as it is respectful. I don't want to change anyone else's opinion and I know Khev and Jye and Jaws don't either. No one is wrong because taste is subjective. I like aspects of the sequels but overall I don't care about any of the new characters or really like the story direction. Doesn't mean the movies are terrible, they just don't follow the direction I had in my head from when the original trilogy ended. That is really what it boils down to. Most of us had ideas of where the original characters were headed and it wasn't what most of us expected.

Cool parallel between TROS and the OT:

Finn turning the Star Destroyer cannons on its own bridge leading to he and Jannah going over the side and being rescued by Lando versus Leia turning the big gun on the Sail Barge and the droids going over the side and being rescued by Lando. Obviously TFA was more blatant in how it "rhymed" with the OT but that bit with Finn on the Destroyer was pretty subtle and doesn't really jump out at you on the first viewing.

The three that count ;) ;)

Excellent point.

Nah. The three that can?t let it go. Or putting down the PT to make the ST look good. Can?t win an argument but will swear up and down the ST is so smooth. Lol how any of you can like a set of movies that didn?t even put the OT cast together is beyond me.

Riding space horses on a ship is just as dumb if not dumber than Ewoks taking over the empire but hey

Cool parallel between TROS and the OT:

Finn turning the Star Destroyer cannons on its own bridge leading to he and Jannah going over the side and being rescued by Lando versus Leia turning the big gun on the Sail Barge and the droids going over the side and being rescued by Lando. Obviously TFA was more blatant in how it "rhymed" with the OT but that bit with Finn on the Destroyer was pretty subtle and doesn't really jump out at you on the first viewing.

Yea to bad his character was reduced to chasing some chick he barely knew like some love sick idiot. It?s really pathetic how they made him this character who kept crying her name over and over again. Instead of ..... o idk relying on his own strength. He beat phasma but she had to be the lamest villain in all of Star Wars .

All of the Star Wars movies will have there fans. Even the movies that I don't enjoy as much will be someone else's favorite. That is completely fine and makes us all different. I love the banter back and forth as long as it is respectful. I don't want to change anyone else's opinion and I know Khev and Jye and Jaws don't either. No one is wrong because taste is subjective. I like aspects of the sequels but overall I don't care about any of the new characters or really like the story direction. Doesn't mean the movies are terrible, they just don't follow the direction I had in my head from when the original trilogy ended. That is really what it boils down to.

So true. I totally get people rejecting the ST for not showcasing the OT's main characters the way they wanted but they are still well constructed films on pretty much every level which is why they're so great for some of us who *do* like the direction they went. If these were all brand new characters then no one would be outraged that some hermit spilled milk on his beard or that some vice admiral sacrificed herself instead of a red fish guy. Obviously these movies do contain established, beloved, and iconic characters so audiences don't just judge them on their merits as films (and I include myself with this) but rather on how *they* think the story was supposed to go. Which is fine.

They took some risks and some worked and some didn't. I'm still annoyed with how RJ lashed out at fans who didn't like TLJ but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think that his risks paid off now that we have TROS.

Nah. The three that can?t let it go. Or putting down the PT to make the ST look good. Can?t win an argument but will swear up and down the ST is so smooth. Lol how any of you can like a set of movies that didn?t even put the OT cast together is beyond me.

Riding space horses on a ship is just as dumb if not dumber than Ewoks taking over the empire but hey

Let what go??

I guess I came into this party too late as all I saw was a lot of people stating that the PT was so much better then the ST. So of course if that is what is being stated and I don't agree I am going to argue that point.

I know I never once said.. The ST is great because its better then the PT. Hell until TROS I was actually on the side of the PT. Now that's not saying much.. Up until TROS I had pretty much given up on Star Wars... 5 bad movies in a row in the Skywalker saga was just too depressing. Thank God above for TROS.

But like I said I came in late.. Perhaps it was those Trouble makers Jye and Khev that started it all.

Let what go??

I guess I came into this party too late as all I saw was a lot of people stating that the PT was so much better then the ST. So of course if that is what is being stated and I don't agree I am going to argue that point.

I know I never once said.. The ST is great because its better then the PT. Hell until TROS I was actually on the side of the PT. Now that's not saying much.. Up until TROS I had pretty much given up on Star Wars... 5 bad movies in a row in the Skywalker saga was just too depressing. Thank God above for TROS.

But like I said I came in late.. Perhaps it was those Trouble makers Jye and Khev that started it all.

Here is Khev arriving to defend TROS

ynL.gif

Oh...Oh...here comes the PT defenders

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy the PT more than the ST myself. Both series has flaws, major flaws! But the PT had a straight destination while the ST seemed like they were building the road as it went along with pot holes needed to be filled in by the books.

I enjoy the PT more than the ST myself. Both series has flaws, major flaws! But the PT had a straight destination while the ST seemed like they were building the road as it went along with pot holes needed to be filled in by the books.

Unfortunately the straight destination of the PT was straight into the ground.

The ST road while yes being paved along the way at least lead into a satisfying conclusion for the primary players.

Fair observation but you hit the nail on the head there with your "seemed like" disclaimer. Because in actuality the ST had a fully scripted endgame in sight long before the PT did. If you remember Trevorrow had a complete script for Episode IX finished before the release of Rogue One. Just one year after TFA and a full year before TLJ hit theaters. You think George had anything written down for ROTS the year after TPM other than "kewl lightsaber duel that goes on forever"? No way. He wrote each script after each previous film was released which is why there are so many concepts completely abandoned (freeing slaves on Tatooine/Anakin wanting to see all the stars, Force ghosts never being explained despite George promising they would beforehand, etc.) while others just materialized out of the blue without any setup whatsoever (Syfo Dias, etc.)

But what gives the impression that the ST had no clear path was the one/two punch of Carrie Fisher dying and the backlash against TLJ which caused them to fully revise major portions of the final film in the trilogy. I hate that I have Fisher's passing to "thank" for getting a better Episode IX than what Trevorrow was planning but that's the way it is.

Last edited:
Let what go??

Let go that it failed to deliver and that the PT didn?t nearly damage the brand as much as this did. And that?s crazy how a silly movie like tros saved the ST for you. Watching it made me see clearly they had no plan and just kept throwing nostalgia in to get ot fan praise . They had no idea what story they wanted to tell with this . They just ticked boxes. Did you see the high republic board? I bet you a million dollars that?s what the ST board looked liked.

Before story let?s just tick boxes to get loyal fan boys in seats while also alienating fans by forcing dumb bs in.

Lol at dinosaurs

Unfortunately the straight destination of the PT was straight into the ground.

The ST road while yes being paved along the way at least lead into a satisfying conclusion for the primary players.

Satisfying conclusion for the primary players? I still don’t know what Finn was trying to say!

Let go that it failed to deliver and that the PT didn?t nearly damage the brand as much as this did.

Oh.. Seriously I could really care less about that... TROS didn't hurt SW for me. It made it fun and relevant again. The PT and first two ST really killed my love and excitement for SW. TROS brought it back.. And now the saga is done... It could have made 10.00 and be hated by everyone.. But I enjoyed it so I am good :)

This My Trilogy is better then your trilogy is kind of fun to debate.. But I could care less about the opinion of the Masses.

As for all this Nostalgia talk... IDK the PT seemed to be filled with it also... I mean did we need 3PO, R2, Jabba, Greedo, Boba Fett, Tatooine, and all the "rhyming" I didn't care then and I don't care now.

I find this to be a strange argument for me because I really didn't like the first two ST films. I loved the 3rd one and it helped the other two a bit and fixed some of the issues I had with them.

I cant say the same thing for the PT.. They are all a poorly made mess. It might have had a more direct story in place but the story teller was drunk when he was telling it.

I find this to be a strange argument for me because I really didn't like the first two ST films. I loved the 3rd one and it helped the other two a bit and fixed some of the issues I had with them.

What's nice with TROS is that when Kylo touches Vader's helmet at the beginning you see all these flashes of images from the previous two films (him killing Han, etc.) so you can just have that little moment cover Episodes 7 and 8 if you don't want to actually watch them. Just skip from ROTJ to TROS and let the visions get you up to speed, lol.

Back