Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a surprise, Jye agrees with Khev. AGAIN...

As I've said many times though as long as you recognize SW and ESB as being perfect then we're good no matter what you think of any of the other movies. :duff

Just don't go full TheDucky and start claiming that OT Vader and Michael Biehn suck while praising AOTC because now he's just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, lol.

Exactly! They act like it's this big gotcha that they needed such a simple plot spoon fed to them from outside sources but all they keep doing is openly insulting their own intelligence, lol. ;) But these are the kids that grew up with midichlorians so to them they probably feel like they *need* unnecessary explanations for a fantasy story to make sense.

If you didn't like it just say you didn't like it. Quit embarrassing yourself with all these ridiculous "reasons" that you didn't like it. :lol

Yeah... I thought the plot was fine. It was not the best story in the saga... Not by a long shot.. But easy enough to follow and understand.

Damn right I'll never hide under the cover of *any* celebrity's opinion as a way of bolstering my own. No thanks, lol. It is funny watching the whiplash of those who do however. "When Mark Hamill says something I agree with it's because my opinion is RIGHT! When he says something I disagree with it's because, uh, someone is holding a gun to his head, yeah, that's it!" lol And to my knowledge Daisy Ridley has never once lashed out at any fans or said that she didn't like TROS. She most certainly was tiptoeing around her pre-TROS interviews because I'm sure she was worried about getting blindsided by more TLJ-level backlash so was most likely hedging her bets in case it sucked.

But even if she did hate TROS what would that change? Oh she got the references to Dark Empire, the discarded Kurtz/Lucas trilogy, Conan the Barbarian and Friday the 13th? Yeah right! :lol I'm sure her blu-ray collection looks *just* like mine so yes I'll let her speak for me on what's cool or not, lol. :duh

Yeah I never use the "But this guy said" or "this reviewer wrote"... I also don't use Box office as an argument either.. None of that matters to me. What matters is my enjoyment level and if I can find some people who find the same enjoyment out of that film then all the better :)

TLJ and more importantly RJ's asinine attacks on the fanbase post-TLJ are what turned away millions who will never praise anything ST related just on principle because of that. I get it. And I get that there were still some people who watched TROS with an open mind and were still disappointed. Totally fair. But for me the movie rocked on pretty much every level despite crazy stuff like the nonsensical horse charge but even that is fun in its own way. There's big money in bashing SW these days so no surprise that the YouTubers go for the clicks rather than breaking ranks from the hive

I was all but done with SW after TLJ and a to a lesser extent TFA.. It was a very weird time in my life as far as SW goes. After the PT and the first two ST movies I was pretty sure I was done. Even though I liked RO and to a lesser extent Solo... Disney cancelled all future A Star Wars story movies because of TLJ backlash.. So I figured it was all over for me.

What I cant get over about TROS is how much it got me back into SW. I bought the making of Empire and Making of Jedi books to complete my set.. I bought the new PF Stormtrooper to go with my Original Stormtrooper, IS Vader, and SS Boba Fett and bought some my two first Hot toys Star Wars figures with Yoda and R2. I thought about getting a Kylo PF.. But really it has to be something that I loved from when I was a kid or Ill just sell it anyways.

No way I get all this stuff a year ago. I was checked out of Star Wars... This film pulled me right back in... I feel bad for those that did not find the same enjoyment... Cause I am having a ball with the film :)

What a surprise, Jye agrees with Khev. AGAIN...

See below lulz

As I've said many times though as long as you recognize SW and ESB as being perfect then we're good no matter what you think of any of the other movies. :duff

Just don't go full TheDucky and start claiming that OT Vader and Michael Biehn suck while praising AOTC because now he's just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, lol.

Epic post is epic.....again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilarious coming from the guy defending a movie that needs comic books and fortnite make sense of its stupid plot.

Also what narrative? It?s seen in the video. Everybody who worked on this hated it and want nothing to do with it.

Take the rose tinted glasses off.

Don't worry, he'll conveniently ignore all those things, all the plot holes, and pick and choose material on what to believe. Only way for TROS to make sense. :lol

Is an ST supporter any different?

Probably worse.

Exactly! They act like it's this big gotcha that they needed such a simple plot spoon fed to them from outside sources but all they keep doing is openly insulting their own intelligence, lol. ;)

So, you want to insult our intelligence with that quip while just conveniently ignoring how it was never explained that Palpatine was alive in the film. How in the hell is that not worthy of criticism. A guy who died in ROTJ and we don't get to see how/why he is back, let alone his announcement to the galaxy because they put in a ****ing video game?

THAT IS A NECESSARY EXPLANATION NEEDED. :slap :lol

But these are the kids that grew up with midichlorians so to them they probably feel like they *need* unnecessary explanations for a fantasy story to make sense.

There we go again with the JuSt A fAnTaSy StOrY, just a fantasy story but you are piecing together parts of the novelization to apply to the movie to make Snoke make sense. You are more guilty of what you are accusing us of :lol

No, we need a movie not riddled with plot holes and actually explaining the major plot points of the movie not having to rely on comics, video games, art books, and novels to make sense of it. We need a trilogy that is actually consistent with one another, like the PT/OT. But again, ignore this fact.

Damn right I'll never hide under the cover of *any* celebrity's opinion as a way of bolstering my own.

You hide regardless though with one word replies or no replies any time you are challenged. Then anytime someone brings up a new point, after the fact of criticizing the movie itself, you drive that point into the ground as if it was the whole argument. You act like you are superior:

Well I don't need others opinions. Well back in my day I didn't need explanations and anyone who does just doesn't have imagination.

This is how your coming off to me.

There's big money in bashing SW these days so no surprise that the YouTubers go for the clicks rather than breaking ranks from the hive.

It's almost like these movies are just bad for some and there is no hive mind.

Then, let's use this logic for the PT.

It's cool to bash the PT and there's big money in bashing it, so no surprise that the boomers go for angry rants and harassment rather than breaking ranks from there hive.

OT Vader didn't suck, he just didn't do anything. I liked him for other reasons, but they didn't showcase what he could do and was a failure at every level in the OT.

Michael Biehn doesn't suck, he is just seemingly washed up. Let's not ruin The Mandalorian with old 80s actors because some want to relive their childhood.

Those Cocoa Puffs are far better than those Froot Loops you eat :lol

Ah man I understood the films plot without the books and games... You didn't understand the plot without the books and games?? No wonder you didn't like the film ;) ;)

I could be wrong but I don't think Khev has been using other sites to make his point... However I will admit there are not that many sites or videos defending TROS :lol :lol :lol

When I visit other forums I use Khev's post as my statistical proof that the film is good :lol :lol :lol

Cause it was a stupid written plot. Force daggers, healing , sith fleets. It?s not that I didn?t understand it it?s just that it was stupid . But it?s the ot so it?s all fine and dandy

Exactly! They act like it's this big gotcha that they needed such a simple plot spoon fed to them from outside sources but all they keep doing is openly insulting their own intelligence, lol. ;) But these are the kids that grew up with midichlorians so to them they probably feel like they *need* unnecessary explanations for a fantasy story to make sense.

If you didn't like it just say you didn't like it. Quit embarrassing yourself with all these ridiculous "reasons" that you didn't like it. :lol

Damn right I'll never hide under the cover of *any* celebrity's opinion as a way of bolstering my own. No thanks, lol. It is funny watching the whiplash of those who do however. "When Mark Hamill says something I agree with it's because my opinion is RIGHT! When he says something I disagree with it's because, uh, someone is holding a gun to his head, yeah, that's it!" lol And to my knowledge Daisy Ridley has never once lashed out at any fans or said that she didn't like TROS. She most certainly was tiptoeing around her pre-TROS interviews because I'm sure she was worried about getting blindsided by more TLJ-level backlash so was most likely hedging her bets in case it sucked.

But even if she did hate TROS what would that change? Oh she got the references to Dark Empire, the discarded Kurtz/Lucas trilogy, Conan the Barbarian and Friday the 13th? Yeah right! :lol I'm sure her blu-ray collection looks *just* like mine so yes I'll let her speak for me on what's cool or not, lol. :duh

:lol :rock

TLJ and more importantly RJ's asinine attacks on the fanbase post-TLJ are what turned away millions who will never praise anything ST related just on principle because of that. I get it. And I get that there were still some people who watched TROS with an open mind and were still disappointed. Totally fair. But for me the movie rocked on pretty much every level despite crazy stuff like the nonsensical horse charge but even that is fun in its own way. There's big money in bashing SW these days so no surprise that the YouTubers go for the clicks rather than breaking ranks from the hive.

Maybe they bash it cause...... it sucked? Maybe they just aren?t OT fanboys like you and JYE who give it a pass just cause it?s a follow up to the OT. You remind me of those old farts in REd letter media who cry when a lighsaber battle happens in Star Wars and they didn?t even like the ST.

The internet and this entire forum forgot about tros except for you two who are keeping this thread alive by bashing the PT. The mandolorian was widely praised . Why? Cause it was a good plot and story with memorable characters. It?s not rocket science why this franchise sucks now.

But but but I like it and I understood it so that means it?s amazing it flowed so nice thanks to tros.

Hehe good post khev. I have Mickey?s fist so far up my ass I can taste his glove- jye

Lol sorry jye thought that?s be funny

Good for you but the rest of the world isn?t going to ignore the horrible writing, characters and plot. Like it baffles my mind how one movie erases the rest of the crap . This time last year AJP was the one championing the ST and loved TLJ now he can?t stand it .

We needs snikts vampire theory again lol.

Cause it was a stupid written plot. Force daggers, healing , sith fleets. It?s not that I didn?t understand it it?s just that it was stupid . But it?s the ot so it?s all fine and dandy

Wait... Next post you express your love for The Mandalorian.... You complain about Healing powers in TROS but TM was the first to introduce Force healing powers.

First you say that the movie has to have books and games explain what's going on and then you say it doesn't.. You are all over the place man ;) ;)

For the record... I really don't care for the Force dagger and there are just way too many Star Destroyers... Both things I think are stupid :)

I don't get the Khev and Jye like it because its a follow up to the OT... I mean the PT was a set up to the OT... So what's the difference? I know Jye has said he prefers the ST because the original cast is in it.. But Khev has not said it...

I think we can all agree that we love the OT... The PT and ST are flawed for sure.. It just depends what your looking for I guess..

If you want more classic sets, action, creature FX, and solid acting then the ST might be more for you... IF you want more over the top action, huge CGI worlds, and the acting does not mean as much then the PT is the way to go.

Me... I really am not a fan of 5 of the 6 films... But out of the 6 I find 1 of them to be very good (TROS) and 4 of them to watchable due to being SW films. AOTC is the only SW I cant find anything good to say about other then the Gladiator pit Monsters.

As already stated TROS saved the ST for me.. I might be able to find the first two films of the series to be more enjoyable now... Waiting to get the 4k box set next week..

Before TROS I preferred the PT because of TPM all by itself... But now TROS gives the ST the big edge.

PT wins yet again.

AB29C77B-D0F3-4D00-916D-7C8FB85931AC.jpg

Still can?t get over the awful acting from Ridley. In damn near every scene she makes some goofy looking face, just awful.

Maybe they bash it cause...... it sucked? Maybe they just aren?t OT fanboys like you and JYE who give it a pass just cause it?s a follow up to the OT. You remind me of those old farts in REd letter media who cry when a lighsaber battle happens in Star Wars and they didn?t even like the ST.

The internet and this entire forum forgot about tros except for you two who are keeping this thread alive by bashing the PT. The mandolorian was widely praised . Why? Cause it was a good plot and story with memorable characters. It?s not rocket science why this franchise sucks now.

But but but I like it and I understood it so that means it?s amazing it flowed so nice thanks to tros.

Hehe good post khev. I have Mickey?s fist so far up my ass I can taste his glove- jye

Lol sorry jye thought that?s be funny

Good for you but the rest of the world isn?t going to ignore the horrible writing, characters and plot. Like it baffles my mind how one movie erases the rest of the crap . This time last year AJP was the one championing the ST and loved TLJ now he can?t stand it .

We needs snikts vampire theory again lol.

That?s ok lol

:lol

Are you pro-PT or pro-ST? You must pick a side to enter the Thunderdome. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait... Next post you express your love for The Mandalorian.... You complain about Healing powers in TROS but TM was the first to introduce Force healing powers.

First you say that the movie has to have books and games explain what's going on and then you say it doesn't.. You are all over the place man ;) ;)

For the record... I really don't care for the Force dagger and there are just way too many Star Destroyers... Both things I think are stupid :)

I don't get the Khev and Jye like it because its a follow up to the OT... I mean the PT was a set up to the OT... So what's the difference? I know Jye has said he prefers the ST because the original cast is in it.. But Khev has not said it...

I think we can all agree that we love the OT... The PT and ST are flawed for sure.. It just depends what your looking for I guess..

If you want more classic sets, action, creature FX, and solid acting then the ST might be more for you... IF you want more over the top action, huge CGI worlds, and the acting does not mean as much then the PT is the way to go.

Me... I really am not a fan of 5 of the 6 films... But out of the 6 I find 1 of them to be very good (TROS) and 4 of them to watchable due to being SW films. AOTC is the only SW I cant find anything good to say about other then the Gladiator pit Monsters.

As already stated TROS saved the ST for me.. I might be able to find the first two films of the series to be more enjoyable now... Waiting to get the 4k box set next week..

Before TROS I preferred the PT because of TPM all by itself... But now TROS gives the ST the big edge.

No I?m not lol. Maybe your not getting it. What I?m saying is that mandolorian makes more sense story wise and tells a more solid story while tros is all over the place.
And to me tros just shows how badly planned the trilogy was. The inclusion of palpatine was to get those ot fan boys in seats and to get a new big bad cause they let the last guy go crazy

So, you want to insult our intelligence with that quip while just conveniently ignoring how it was never explained that Palpatine was alive in the film. How in the hell is that not worthy of criticism. A guy who died in ROTJ and we don't get to see how/why he is back, let alone his announcement to the galaxy because they put in a ****ing video game?

THAT IS A NECESSARY EXPLANATION NEEDED. :slap :lol

So decrees the Department of Redundancy Department...:D

No I?m not lol. Maybe your not getting it. What I?m saying is that mandolorian makes more sense story wise and tells a more solid story while tros is all over the place.
Well you cant make fun of one for Force healing powers and ignore the other :)

And to me tros just shows how badly planned the trilogy was. The inclusion of palpatine was to get those ot fan boys in seats and to get a new big bad cause they let the last guy go crazy

I agree about the Emperor being put in because they let the last guy go nuts (Though the killing of snoke was the best part of the film ) ... I am not sure about picking Palps because of the Fanboys.. I really think they were just painted in a corner. It could have been a completely different bad guy and I think it would have poor choice for the same reason that a new "Bad apprentice" was in the PT... You end up with no character development for that person.. PT would have been better had Maul just been there instead of Count D and General G.

So the Emperor was the safe bet in that regards.. And I am thankful for it.

PT wins yet again.

View attachment 481959

Still can?t get over the awful acting from Ridley. In damn near every scene she makes some goofy looking face, just awful.

Weird how someone else keeps bringing up the PT... :lol

Anyways.. Rey did have a lot of weird faces... Especially if you freeze on them... But I never thought she was a bad actress..

As for Padme... In that pic She looks about as lifeless as she always does in the PT.. Obviously shooting at green screens. :)

Well you cant make fun of one for Force healing powers and ignore the other :)

I agree about the Emperor being put in because they let the last guy go nuts (Though the killing of snoke was the best part of the film ) ... I am not sure about picking Palps because of the Fanboys.. I really think they were just painted in a corner. It could have been a completely different bad guy and I think it would have poor choice for the same reason that a new "Bad apprentice" was in the PT... You end up with no character development for that person.. PT would have been better had Maul just been there instead of Count D and General G.

So the Emperor was the safe bet in that regards.. And I am thankful for it.

But they literally could of developed the knights of ren . They could of been the new big bad but nope

Weird how someone else keeps bringing up the PT... :lol

Anyways.. Rey did have a lot of weird faces... Especially if you freeze on them... But I never thought she was a bad actress..

As for Padme... In that pic She looks about as lifeless as she always does in the PT.. Obviously shooting at green screens. :)

Leia looks like she needs a nap after a week long cokefest there.

Back