Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you want to insult our intelligence with that quip

No I said that you are insulting your own intelligence. :)

while just conveniently ignoring how it was never explained that Palpatine was alive in the film. How in the hell is that not worthy of criticism. A guy who died in ROTJ and we don't get to see how/why he is back, let alone his announcement to the galaxy because they put in a ****ing video game?

THAT IS A NECESSARY EXPLANATION NEEDED. :slap :lol

Nonsense. It's an unnecessary explanation because it has absolutely no bearing on how the characters overcome the conflicts they are faced with in the film. How did Jason Voorhees survive drowning and successfully live off the land until adulthood? How did the Ark move from Jerusalem to Tanis? Why is it filled with death ghosts and laserbeams? What is the Riddle of Steel? How did the xenomorphs get into the ceiling after all the barracades were secured? What exactly is Alex Murphy; dead, living, something in between? Answer: It doesn't freaking matter because there is more important **** for the characters to deal with. :lol

Sure it's fun to nerd out and theorize whether Murphy really was dead dead or only mostly dead (lol) or go pour through schematics in the ALIENS role-playing game to see what secret access hatch the xenomorphs used to get into Operations but that's just nerdy side stuff that absolutely doesn't need to be explained on film. As long as the characters are reacting to events properly and nothing breaks the film's own internal logic and "rules" then they're good. Did TROS err on the side of ambiguity with regard to Palps' return? Obviously. Did they openly break any rules by bringing him back when the established universe allows for cheating death, cloning, and magic? Nope. So it's perfectly valid to wonder about the details of his return but it didn't play into the clear and present danger that the heroes had a very limited amount of time to deal with and therefore wasn't critical information for the audience to have.

The fact that you keep harping on some Fortnite ad and extra info spelled out in the novelization as being "necessary" just reaffirms over and over again how you personally need much more hand holding and guidance through a story than audiences who came before you ever did. I can only assume that you were utterly lost trying to understand the opening crawl of ROTS since you apparently *needed* those animated shorts on Cartoon Network to see what it described? Did you have no clue what was going on in ANH for 40 years until Rogue One showed you what happened in *that* opening crawl? You constantly (though not consistently) equate stuff being fleshed out for the fun of it with things needing to be fleshed out. They aren't one and the same.

There we go again with the JuSt A fAnTaSy StOrY, just a fantasy story but you are piecing together parts of the novelization to apply to the movie to make Snoke make sense. You are more guilty of what you are accusing us of :lol

Don't put your own words in my mouth. :nono I never once said that Snoke's role didn't make sense. I just think the extra details from the book about him being a Plagueis clone are *cool* and so therefore am including them in my own head canon for TROS.

You hide regardless though with one word replies or no replies any time you are challenged.

I told you, I don't really want to have big discussions about the prequels. I've dissected those films a hundred times over, think they pretty much suck so would rather spend my time discussing films I like. And you can write your 1,000 word essays bashing TROS but since I don't agree with any of it what's the point in me quoting every line just to counter your own very subjective opinion that I can't relate to in any way? It's not like I'm going to change your mind and since you can't get why I like the movie what's the point? So one word replies or no replies is what you get. ;)

You act like you are superior:

Now don't be taking my posts personally. Even me saying that you are openly insulting your own intelligence is mostly in jest. Mostly. :cool:

It's still all just "my take." Nothing more. And it's not like I'm singing the praises of Schindler's List no I fully realize that I'm gushing over a movie that somehow (lol) is equal parts 80's slasher movie as it is Lord of the Rings. That is such an awesomely bizarre combination that also hits all the right wish fulfillment beats with regard to where I wanted them to take the mythos that I can't help but love it. But as I've said from the beginning I'm not surprised that TROS just went too off the rails for many others.

Those Cocoa Puffs are far better than those Froot Loops you eat :lol

Lol, I'll give you that one. Eating Froot Loops while watching Rey cuddle the snake does sound like a pretty good combo actually. :lol

:duff

Last edited:
But they literally could of developed the knights of ren . They could of been the new big bad but nope

Nah... I don't like that.. Basically would have been a new villain again... We didn't know anything about them accept for a quick flash in the 1st film... So it would have been like Count D or General G again...

Everyone got all excited for the Knights... Obviously everyone forgot that SW is filled with cool looking villains that don't get a lot to do... And again I like that.. Allows you to fill in the holes with your own imagination... Ala Boba Fett.

Nope.. I was good with The Emperor. Brought the "saga" full circle for me.

Last edited:
People love the Emperor's Royal Guards and all they did was stand by an elevator and then leave when instructed to, lol.

The coolness of the KoR was very OT-esque in both their look and what they did on screen. Comparing them to any other OT henchmen (including Fett himself) and they more than hold their own.

This thread's like an argument over whether Velveeta or Easy Cheese Spray is the better cheese.:lol

No it's a celebration of Velveeta, nothing more.

;)

Not according to Ducky.:lol

source.gif

People love the Emperor's Royal Guards and all they did was stand by an elevator and then leave when instructed to, lol.

The coolness of the KoR was very OT-esque in both their look and what they did on screen. Comparing them to any other OT henchmen (including Fett himself) and they more than hold their own.

I'm with the camp where the KoR was a wasted opportunity though. We see them marching or around for 2 films and the first time we really see them in action, they lose. At least the Emperor's guards were only in the background for just ROTJ.

Hmm... The more I think about TRoS the more I don't like it... :D I was ok with it when I first watch it... now I'm not too sure hahaha

Guards....leave us lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with the camp where the KoR was a wasted opportunity though. We see them marching or around for 2 films and the first time we really see them in action, they lose. At least the Emperor's guards were only in the background for just ROTJ.

Hmm... The more I think about TRoS the more I don't like it... :D I was ok with it when I first watch it... now I'm not too sure hahaha

But that's Star Wars... Look at Boba Fett.. Gets taken out by a happy accident. Heis basically in the films to look cool... In some ways that is better as it allowed for people's imaginations to run wild about him.

PT had Aurra Sing.. My one friend when he saw the film with me thought for sure she was gonna be in the next two films because she looked so cool... I knew better :lol

How about Jango Fett? I remember thinking we would get some cool stuff from him in AOTC and maybe the next film.. He got to do more then his son did in the OT.. But basically just there to look cool and be a callback to a very popular character from the first movie.

Hell even Darth Maul was wasted and he was a lot cooler looking then the KoR.

IDK I never gave the KoR much of a thought at all. I was actually surprised they were even back for the 3rd film. Just figured they were some more cool Window Dressing.

We all have our favorite SW window dressing. I love me some Bossk

Yep. Another great example.

Its one of the great things about SW. Its filled with these characters that get their history filled in later by books, comics, or cartoons. You can choose to ignore it and make up your own or embrace it and have fun with it. Whatever.

I always like General Rieekan… He has a first name and was from Alderaan…. Who knew ? :lol

General
Carlist Rieekan
was chosen to lead Echo Base. A Clone Wars veteran and one of the driving forces behind the foundation of the Rebel Alliance, Rieekan was overly cautious on Hoth. He was off-planet when the Death Star destroyed his homeplanet of Alderaan and he never wanted to experience that nightmare again. Rieekan immediately ordered a general evacuation as soon as the probot was discovered.

7c580010d94e3800f5abfb6c52ceef54.jpg

Conjures up the romance and adventure of the original Star Wars every time I see these two.

Ya know... Part of the Problem with Rose was that awful Jump suit and hair cut... She could not looked more out of place in a Galaxy far far away... That and all her dumb lines :lol I thought she fit the Universe better in TROS looks wise... But man, new threads and haircut or not.. I sure am glad she was not in the movie all that much. :lol

The Royal Guards were cool because they traveled/arrived with the Emperor, there weren't that many of them (so small elite force,) and also because they were bodyguards to the most important guy in the galaxy yet just carried a pretty simple metal pole, not some big blaster rifle.

It was also obviously their simple elegance of design, along with the striking color red - not this mess of weapons, backpacks and Goth like the KoR.

There was also that ROTJ cut scene where they stand up to Vader, a couple pics of which did see light of day decades ago. How many characters stood up to Vader in the OT and lived?

Nah... I don't like that.. Basically would have been a new villain again... We didn't know anything about them accept for a quick flash in the 1st film... So it would have been like Count D or General G again...

Everyone got all excited for the Knights... Obviously everyone forgot that SW is filled with cool looking villains that don't get a lot to do... And again I like that.. Allows you to fill in the holes with your own imagination... Ala Boba Fett.

Nope.. I was good with The Emperor. Brought the "saga" full circle for me.

Exceeeeeeeeept they were wasted and added nothing of value. Why even mention them. So many amazing opportunities that could of been done. It?s like you guys settle for mediocrity

But that's Star Wars... Look at Boba Fett.. Gets taken out by a happy accident. Heis basically in the films to look cool... In some ways that is better as it allowed for people's imaginations to run wild about him.

PT had Aurra Sing.. My one friend when he saw the film with me thought for sure she was gonna be in the next two films because she looked so cool... I knew better :lol

How about Jango Fett? I remember thinking we would get some cool stuff from him in AOTC and maybe the next film.. He got to do more then his son did in the OT.. But basically just there to look cool and be a callback to a very popular character from the first movie.

Hell even Darth Maul was wasted and he was a lot cooler looking then the KoR.

IDK I never gave the KoR much of a thought at all. I was actually surprised they were even back for the 3rd film. Just figured they were some more cool Window Dressing.

We all have our favorite SW window dressing. I love me some Bossk

Darth maul did his thing. He came in , killed a Jedi and ?died? .

Ya know... Part of the Problem with Rose was that awful Jump suit and hair cut... She could not looked more out of place in a Galaxy far far away... That and all her dumb lines :lol I thought she fit the Universe better in TROS looks wise... But man, new threads and haircut or not.. I sure am glad she was not in the movie all that much. :lol

Yeah that's the double whammy of TLJ Rose. Not only does she have a crappy attitude and sabotage the heroism of others but she doesn't even look cool while doing it, lol.

Back