Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that's Star Wars... Look at Boba Fett.. Gets taken out by a happy accident. Heis basically in the films to look cool... In some ways that is better as it allowed for people's imaginations to run wild about him.

PT had Aurra Sing.. My one friend when he saw the film with me thought for sure she was gonna be in the next two films because she looked so cool... I knew better :lol

How about Jango Fett? I remember thinking we would get some cool stuff from him in AOTC and maybe the next film.. He got to do more then his son did in the OT.. But basically just there to look cool and be a callback to a very popular character from the first movie.

Hell even Darth Maul was wasted and he was a lot cooler looking then the KoR.

IDK I never gave the KoR much of a thought at all. I was actually surprised they were even back for the 3rd film. Just figured they were some more cool Window Dressing.

We all have our favorite SW window dressing. I love me some Bossk

True, but that doesn't change that all the examples above were wasted opportunities right? That's why Boba Fett's death was such a horrible misuse of the character in ROTJ.

PT stuff... meh I wouldn't count those. The whole PT was a wasted opportunity in my head. :D (See I'm neither a PT apologist, nor am I a ST defender). :rotfl:chase

Exceeeeeeeeept they were wasted and added nothing of value. Why even mention them. So many amazing opportunities that could of been done. It?s like you guys settle for mediocrity

So Boba Fett is Mediocre?? Dude..

Darth maul did his thing. He came in , killed a Jedi and ?died? .

He did.. But he was the face of the new films... Remember how he was plastered on everything.. You really thought he was going to be something special.. Sure he got to kill a jedi.. But man.. Everyone thought he was going to be the Vader of the PT.

I thought for sure Anakin was going to have to fight him to take his place at the Emperor side... Talk about wasted opportunities :(

IDK... I didn't even think the KoR were all that cool looking... So it really was no big deal to me. They got what they deserved :lol :lol

True, but that doesn't change that all the examples above were wasted opportunities right? That's why Boba Fett's death was such a horrible misuse of the character in ROTJ.

PT stuff... meh I wouldn't count those. The whole PT was a wasted opportunity in my head. :D (See I'm neither a PT apologist, nor am I a ST defender). :rotfl:chase

At least their End was better then Fett's :lol

I guess your right... I just did not care at all about the KoR. Didn't think they looked cool or anything so they were no big deal to me. Didn't help that I did not like TFA and TLJ... I never gave them a 2nd thought.

IZ7i2BG.gif

;)

He did.. But he was the face of the new films... Remember how he was plastered on everything.. You really thought he was going to be something special.. Sure he got to kill a jedi.. But man.. Everyone thought he was going to be the Vader of the PT.

I thought for sure Anakin was going to have to fight him to take his place at the Emperor side... Talk about wasted opportunities :(

IDK... I didn't even think the KoR were all that cool looking... So it really was no big deal to me. They got what they deserved :lol :lol

I was like 9 when TPM came out and I distinctly remember JAr jar being the face. It was so funny. This was a huge thing back then. TPM was sponsored by like three restaurants back then and Jar Jar stands were always there. He was everywhere from what I can remember and being the child I was I liked the character until I grew up and disliked him. I remember Jar Jar merch everywhere. Darth maul was just a bad guy. I guess as a kid you see different things. I suppose you were an adult when PT started and saw Darth maul cause you understood the history behind star wars more but as a child all you saw JAr Jar crap everywhere. Dude was big back then.

Lucas should have made him the villain tbh. It alluded to that at the end of TPM when Mace says which was destroyed the master or the apprentice and the scene immediately cuts to Jar Jar standing next to the emperor.

It sounds silly but theories on youtube made me think about it lol

I was like 9 when TPM came out and I distinctly remember JAr jar being the face. It was so funny. This was a huge thing back then. TPM was sponsored by like three restaurants back then and Jar Jar stands were always there. He was everywhere from what I can remember and being the child I was I liked the character until I grew up and disliked him. I remember Jar Jar merch everywhere. Darth maul was just a bad guy. I guess as a kid you see different things. I suppose you were an adult when PT started and saw Darth maul cause you understood the history behind star wars more but as a child all you saw JAr Jar crap everywhere. Dude was big back then.

Lucas should have made him the villain tbh. It alluded to that at the end of TPM when Mace says which was destroyed the master or the apprentice and the scene immediately cuts to Jar Jar standing next to the emperor.

It sounds silly but theories on youtube made me think about it lol

Oh yeah this one?

Actually, that could have been a lot of fun if true. Watching this video now though... those early CG scenes did not age well at all. The droids aren't even planted to the ground (they float when they walk)....

No I said that you are insulting your own intelligence. :)

Nonsense. It's an unnecessary explanation because it has absolutely no bearing on how the characters overcome the conflicts they are faced with in the film. How did Jason Voorhees survive drowning and successfully live off the land until adulthood? How did the Ark move from Jerusalem to Tanis? Why is it filled with death ghosts and laserbeams? What is the Riddle of Steel? How did the xenomorphs get into the ceiling after all the barracades were secured? What exactly is Alex Murphy; dead, living, something in between? Answer: It doesn't freaking matter because there is more important **** for the characters to deal with. :lol

I would say it is important to know how someone presumed to be dead for decades was able to come back to life and how to prevent him from coming back again after audiences and characters thought he was dead.

Did they openly break any rules by bringing him back when the established universe allows for cheating death, cloning, and magic? Nope. So it's perfectly valid to wonder about the details of his return but it didn't play into the clear and present danger that the heroes had a very limited amount of time to deal with and therefore wasn't critical information for the audience to have.

The universe never established cheating death until TROS... and how can something be established that is never explained? And it did play into the plot because if they killed him, he can just return again. You know, Palpatine did return again. I'm sure of it. 30 years from now he just was living in Chewbacca's ass hair and found a host. How? Who cares. He is back! No matter how ridiculous or illogical it is, we just accept it.

The fact that you keep harping on some Fortnite ad and extra info spelled out in the novelization as being "necessary" just reaffirms over and over again how you personally need much more hand holding and guidance through a story than audiences who came before you ever did.

Vader killed Palpatine and now he is back. How he came back is necessary information. I'm not just going to accept that big of a twist with "hey, he's back." That is garbage storytelling. And you try to twist it into me being some dumb ass who needs his hand held? No. Again, whether intended or not, it really feels like a hint of superiority coming out. "Well I didn't need my hand held."

There is nothing, literally nothing, to just assume or accept his return. No basis for it whatsoever. No hints. No past movies establishing it.

I can only assume that you were utterly lost trying to understand the opening crawl of ROTS since you apparently *needed* those animated shorts on Cartoon Network to see what it described?

:slap

"War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.
In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate. As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor...."

How are you using that as anything equal to bringing a guy back from being dead? It was established in AOTC that The Clone Wars have begun. And the opening crawl explains everything leading up to the Battle of Coruscant.

What past movie established Palpatine being alive and setting the stage for his return?

ROTS goes on to explain the events. How Palpatine let himself be captured. How Palpatine was rescued by the two Jedi Knights.

Where does TROS explain how Palpatine survived? How Palpatine announced his return?

Did you have no clue what was going on in ANH for 40 years until Rogue One showed you what happened in *that* opening crawl?

Do I really need to remind you of this opening crawl too?

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire?s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire?s sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy?."

A New Hope explains what those plans were. How those plans escaped. How they used those plans to destroy the Death Star.

It fleshes out and explains the Opening Crawl.

TROS:

"The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power?."

How does TROS explain that the Dead Speak? How does it explain Palpatine returns? How does it explain his huge army? How does it explain how he cheated death? It doesn't. It just forces you to accept it with no reasoning or logic or past events to even begin to accept the possibility of a return.

Don't put your own words in my mouth. :nono I never once said that Snoke's role didn't make sense. I just think the extra details from the book about him being a Plagueis clone are *cool* and so therefore am including them in my own head canon for TROS.

I wasn't. But you have done that to me a few times now with over exaggerations.

But that's Star Wars... Look at Boba Fett.. Gets taken out by a happy accident. Heis basically in the films to look cool... In some ways that is better as it allowed for people's imaginations to run wild about him.

PT had Aurra Sing.. My one friend when he saw the film with me thought for sure she was gonna be in the next two films because she looked so cool... I knew better :lol

How about Jango Fett? I remember thinking we would get some cool stuff from him in AOTC and maybe the next film.. He got to do more then his son did in the OT.. But basically just there to look cool and be a callback to a very popular character from the first movie.

Hell even Darth Maul was wasted and he was a lot cooler looking then the KoR.

IDK I never gave the KoR much of a thought at all. I was actually surprised they were even back for the 3rd film. Just figured they were some more cool Window Dressing.

We all have our favorite SW window dressing. I love me some Bossk

Jango Fett wasn't wasted. He was present throughout the film, was used for the Clone army, fought Obi-Wan twice, and then fought at Geonosis. He wasn't there to just look cool, he was central to the entire plot. How is that at similar to the KoR. A group who have their name based off a main character and literally does nothing. That is wasted and trying to drag the PT down somehow justify that is wrong.

Darth Maul wasn't wasted either. Again, present throughout the the film, was used to kick off the Palpatines grand plan, and fought Jedi twice.

Ah, an OT Purists then :lol

Yeah, everyone thought Palpatine was dead too and Kylo was gonna be something special, but I guess since the PT pulled something that was explained and reasonable (unlike the ST) it's bad because it's the PT.

Yes, the interminable PT/ST debate continues unabated. :lol

UsBKMSS.jpg

giphy.gif

:lol:lol:lol Who is considered Batman though? PT fans? ST fans?

Man you guys that have been posting everyday talking/arguing about the same Star Wars crap for years are complete sickos. Its non-stop. Dont you get tired of having the same circular conversations with yourselves? :lol

Looks bad. Makes me embarrassed to even say I’m a fan of any of it really.

Back