Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll also add that nothing could possibly be done more in a manner you described above than the way TROS ended. There should have been a random frog playing a harp and porgs dancing as they kissed. "Rey Skywalker" lol.
f5cb583bad8c3599f8a6c3eb29fc089d.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

What a ****ing disgusting scene. ****ing disgusting. I question anyone's mental health and relationships if they defend that scene.

No Disney cartoon has ever ended remotely close to that. A kiss between two former enemies in the context of a double death? That's straight out of Romeo and Juliet so the ST even succeeded in being more "Shakespearan" than George could ever accomplish on his own (which he was openly striving for with the PT.) So again just another way that TROS respected themes that George himself previously pursued.

But heroes celebrating and dancing around wacky little side characters is literally how The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast ended, lol.

Now if you want to compare space battles or iconic secondary and third level characters then yes ROTJ wins hands down. But in many other ways the ST equals and even surpasses ROTJ, especially major portions of TROS.

Also if you wrote off the entire ST just on RJ's tweets or even TLJ alone I get that, I think it's too bad for you of course but I knew that with the way he made it personal against the naysayers that a huge portion of the audience would be gone forever and that *is* his fault (as well as LFL for not doing a better job of invalidating his tweets or reigning him in.)

Please tell me you aren't actually trying to defend that scene.

Dude mind rapes her, tortures her, kills trillions, tries to kills her friends, kills her father figure, tries to kill her. And then she wants to **** after all that?

It's a damn disgrace.

I'll also add that nothing could possibly be done more in a manner you described above than the way TROS ended. There should have been a random frog playing a harp and porgs dancing as they kissed. "Rey Skywalker" lol.
f5cb583bad8c3599f8a6c3eb29fc089d.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Kathleen Kennedy (Rey) giving every butt-hurt SW Fan the Kiss of death Corleone-style :panic:

Anytime Khev makes a post and Jye sees it.... or anytime nostalgia strikes in the ST... this scene reminds me of yall.

giphy.gif

George Lucas: "Anakin is the Chosen One and even when Anakin turns into Darth Vader, he is still the Chosen One. The prophecy is that Anakin will bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith. Darth Vader does destroy the Sith, meaning himself and the Emperor."

Enjoy it. A true masterpiece.

Hmmmm Masterpiece?? Not sure about that one ;)

However I did enjoy my latest viewing. This is another positive about TROS. It has put me in a full blown SW mood and I am being much more forgiving of things.

First off the 4k transfer is amazing and easily the best of the PT. Really great depth, detail, and warmth. It looks better then the old Blu ray and that's a pretty great transfer.

The film itself..

I like the 1st hour more then the 2nd hour. I like the Ewan a lot in this film.. He is pretty much perfect though out.. Its nice to see his friendship with Anakin and having them work together and not have Obi wan bitching at Anakin all the time.. I wish we had more of this. Some of the humor doesn't work but overall its fun.
Hayden is a much better actor In this one also. Much less whining helps for sure.

The CGI locations are top notch and a step above the other two films. Maybe its the 4K but the locations looked great.

Sound design is great.. I thought I hated that Lizard that Obi Wan road. When I think of it without sound its still not a fav but when it came on the screen and started making its noises.. I loved it.. I forgot how much I liked its sound. Everything in the film sounds great. Per usual with the OT and PT.

I do wish the opening battle had more space fighting and less of those little droids tearing up Obi wans ship.

Palps speech at the Opera house is great.

I also like Anakin's and Padme's relationship in this one and thought they had more chemistry.... Other then that "love has blinded you" bit

What I am not as crazy about all comes in the 2nd hour.

My issue is as it always is..
It all starts when the Jedi come to confront the Emperor that the film falls flat for me a bit.. I am not saying the rest of the film is bad.. Its just.. IDK... Awkward. I discussed this before but I think the arrest of the Emperor has too many goofy moments and it takes me out of the movie.
Anakin's turn just does not feel natural enough. I get all the reasons.. I mean his master was a **** to him in the last film, the Jedi Council are dicks to him in this one, he's worried about his wife, and the Jedi order are not following their own rules.. But it still does not flow very well or feel organic. Anakin went from wanting to kill Palps and reporting him to the Jedi to Killing Younglings.. IDK.. Just does not work for me.. And Killing Younglings has never sat well with me.

I have stated this before.. The final Lightsaber duel should have been one for the ages.. It has a few issues..

1. It keep going back to Yoda and the Emperor which I just don't find interesting at all.
There is some good choreography going on but its hard to see for a few reasons.. Its a darker set piece. Both Sabers are Blue so its hard to get a grasp on which saber is which and for some reason Lucas does a lot of close up shots.. He did Duel of the Fates perfectly by giving us lots of wide shots and very few close ups... This scene should have been the same.. Having said that the two Blue sabers and darker setting still would have made it hard to see so maybe that was why George decided to do more close ups.. IDK.
3. Like I said.. Once they start swinging on wires and floating on Lava it just really goes down hill after that :( … Again none of this is bad.. It just should have been great.

I really wish that George kept Maul alive to be the Emperor's apprentice throughout the trilogy... Imagine the Anakin / Maul duel we could have gotten...

I also wish that TPM (even though its my fav) had an older Anakin, AOTC should have been a whole film like the first 30 min of ROTS.. Showing the friend ship of Anakin and Obi Wan, while Anakin gets tempted time and time again by the dark side.. All the while falling in love with Padme. Then the third film could have all been his slow turn to the dark Side.

Overall I enjoyed the PT. AOTC is still the worst SW movie IMO and the other two films are a mess. But there is a lot of imagination there on the screen and thus it makes the films an easy watch.

Like I said TROS has put me in a more forgiving mood of Star Wars films I use to not care for. Its made me like SW again :)

Well another thing about the PT is you don't need to see it in 4K to enjoy it because the story sells itself. The ST on the other hand needs to be viewed in 4K because the story is so bland & disjointed the special effects are the only thing keeping you entertained.

4K can?t save that mess. You honestly need a to convince yourself that the story makes sense lol. It?s a product not a movie

So since Rey was a Palapatine or his offspring

Explain to me how this made sense :lecture

The Emperor never duplicated himself :dunno

So since Rey was a Palapatine or his offspring

Explain to me how this made sense :lecture

The Emperor never duplicated himself :dunno

guyver....

You could ask Khev to repost his theory on it or you could just scroll a few thousand pages back but it was answered and it made great sense.

But going forward can you please try to keep up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khev, JAWS and I hanging out in this thread, oh oh here comes Ducky and ironwez...

7576991f798ba7ef897af2434581a295.gif

Thats ok Khevs got this no worries...

crash-1571752634.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

However I did enjoy my latest viewing. This is another positive about TROS. It has put me in a full blown SW mood and I am being much more forgiving of things.

First off the 4k transfer is amazing and easily the best of the PT. Really great depth, detail, and warmth. It looks better then the old Blu ray and that's a pretty great transfer.

The film itself..

I like the 1st hour more then the 2nd hour. I like the Ewan a lot in this film.. He is pretty much perfect though out.. Its nice to see his friendship with Anakin and having them work together and not have Obi wan bitching at Anakin all the time.. I wish we had more of this. Some of the humor doesn't work but overall its fun.
Hayden is a much better actor In this one also. Much less whining helps for sure.

The CGI locations are top notch and a step above the other two films. Maybe its the 4K but the locations looked great.

Sound design is great.. I thought I hated that Lizard that Obi Wan road. When I think of it without sound its still not a fav but when it came on the screen and started making its noises.. I loved it.. I forgot how much I liked its sound. Everything in the film sounds great. Per usual with the OT and PT.

I do wish the opening battle had more space fighting and less of those little droids tearing up Obi wans ship.

I also like Anakin's and Padme's relationship in this one and thought they had more chemistry.... Other then that "love has blinded you" bit

It all starts when the Jedi come to confront the Emperor that the film falls flat for me a bit.. I am not saying the rest of the film is bad.. Its just.. IDK... Awkward. I discussed this before but I think the arrest of the Emperor has too many goofy moments and it takes me out of the movie.
Anakin's turn just does not feel natural enough. I get all the reasons.. I mean his master was a **** to him in the last film, the Jedi Council are dicks to him in this one, he's worried about his wife, and the Jedi order are not following their own rules.. But it still does not flow very well or feel organic. Anakin went from wanting to kill Palps and reporting him to the Jedi to Killing Younglings.. IDK.. Just does not work for me.. And Killing Younglings has never sat well with me.

I have stated this before.. The final Lightsaber duel should have been one for the ages.. It has a few issues..

1. It keep going back to Yoda and the Emperor which I just don't find interesting at all.
There is some good choreography going on but its hard to see for a few reasons.. Its a darker set piece. Both Sabers are Blue so its hard to get a grasp on which saber is which and for some reason Lucas does a lot of close up shots.. He did Duel of the Fates perfectly by giving us lots of wide shots and very few close ups... This scene should have been the same.. Having said that the two Blue sabers and darker setting still would have made it hard to see so maybe that was why George decided to do more close ups.. IDK.
3. Like I said.. Once they start swinging on wires and floating on Lava it just really goes down hill after that :( ? Again none of this is bad.. It just should have been great.

I really wish that George kept Maul alive to be the Emperor's apprentice throughout the trilogy... Imagine the Anakin / Maul duel we could have gotten...

I also wish that TPM (even though its my fav) had an older Anakin, AOTC should have been a whole film like the first 30 min of ROTS.. Showing the friend ship of Anakin and Obi Wan, while Anakin gets tempted time and time again by the dark side.. All the while falling in love with Padme. Then the third film could have all been his slow turn to the dark Side.

Overall I enjoyed the PT. AOTC is still the worst SW movie IMO and the other two films are a mess. But there is a lot of imagination there on the screen and thus it makes the films an easy watch.

Like I said TROS has put me in a more forgiving mood of Star Wars films I use to not care for. Its made me like SW again :)

When I watched the full Saga last November/December to gear up for TROS I watched the PT and then immediately went to Solo and RO before the OT. What I found fascinating about Solo is how it paralleled ROTS at the beginning in ways I wasn't anticipating. Han fleeing to his hideout in the stolen speeder and then making out with Q'ira in the dark felt reminiscent of Anakin flying his starfighter then sneaking off into the shadows to kiss Padme.

I imagined watching the Saga cold for the first time and wondered what I'd think of this new "Han" character and came to the determination that he kind of plays like a replacement Anakin! As if the Force recognized that the previous Chosen One failed and so was raising another one, this time a street rat instead of a slave. of course we know it doesn't play out that way but it made for a fun parallel that ultimately "subverts expectations."

The other thing that absolutely blew me away from minute one of Solo was how astoundingly superior every level of the production is over ROTS, from the visuals to the acting to the chemistry between Alden and Emilia compared to Hayden and Natalie.

Also I was glad to watch RO after that because the Vader in that film properly cleanses the palette from the idiot "NOOO" version we saw at the end of ROTS which was nice to do leading into ANH.

Khev, JAWS and I hanging out in this thread, oh oh here comes Ducky and ironwez...

7576991f798ba7ef897af2434581a295.gif

Thats ok Khevs got this no worries...

crash-1571752634.gif

Your second gif isn't showing but lol at you, me, and JAWS just chilling as they crash and burn around us. :lol

This is how many post now that you came in here to complain about grown men talking about this film??

That one is almost as good as your meltdown when I called you out for one of the worst takes on ESB

Dude you gotta check yourself if you get this upset about people liking a film and posting about it... And then you keep coming back to it.

I know when there is a film I don't like and argue my point about it but the fans go on and on about it.. I eventually just stop posting and I do come back I don't insult the posters.. I mean WTF.

Gotta get a grip my friend..

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The film itself..

3. Like I said.. Once they start swinging on wires and floating on Lava it just really goes down hill after that :( … Again none of this is bad.. It just should have been great.

You’re a sicko.

I mean I guess these posts aren’t really hurting anyone in the long run, but does doing this really make you happy? How is this fun Jaws?

Go build a millennium falcon model or something.

I just watched Rudy this morning and was thinking about Dillon, perfect timing.

I saw that.

I wasn’t quick enough to quote it though. I’ll remember that.

When I watched the full Saga last November/December to gear up for TROS I watched the PT and then immediately went to Solo and RO before the OT. What I found fascinating about Solo is how it paralleled ROTS at the beginning in ways I wasn't anticipating. Han fleeing to his hideout in the stolen speeder and then making out with Q'ira in the dark felt reminiscent of Anakin flying his starfighter then sneaking off into the shadows to kiss Padme.

I imagined watching the Saga cold for the first time and wondered what I'd think of this new "Han" character and came to the determination that he kind of plays like a replacement Anakin! As if the Force recognized that the previous Chosen One failed and so was raising another one, this time a street rat instead of a slave. of course we know it doesn't play out that way but it made for a fun parallel that ultimately "subverts expectations."

The other thing that absolutely blew me away from minute one of Solo was how astoundingly superior every level of the production is over ROTS, from the visuals to the acting to the chemistry between Alden and Emilia compared to Hayden and Natalie.

Also I was glad to watch RO after that because the Vader in that film properly cleanses the palette from the idiot "NOOO" version we saw at the end of ROTS which was nice to do leading into ANH.

I am going to watch RO first. I'll save Solo after its all over.

Your point about getting the "Noooooo" Vader out of my head is a great point.

You’re a sicko.

I mean I guess these posts aren’t really hurting anyone in the long run, but does doing this really make you happy? How is this fun Jaws?

Go build a millennium falcon model or something.

You have almost 40 thousand posts compared to my 20 thousand. And you have been here two years less then me.. Obviously you have much more time invested here then I do :)

So what's your point?

You gotta relax man. Try watching TROS or something.

I am going to watch RO first. I'll save Solo after its all over.

Your point about getting the "Noooooo" Vader out of my head is a great point.

I'll be curious to hear your take on how the Saga as a whole plays when all is said and done.

To me PT/OT SE is a closed loop and theatrical OT/ST is a separate closed loop.

With RO fitting in with either while Solo leans more toward PT/OT due to the inclusion of Maul and the dice being more of a Q'ira thing which doesn't really fit with TLJ Luke giving them to Leia IMO.

Also TROS kind of redoes the ROTJ SE montage of planets (with *no* PT planets) which not only keeps it separate from the PT but it makes the ROTJ SE redundant as well. Then you've got Rey paying homage to Luke's homestead alone and not visiting Shmi's hut on the same planet, Shmi's grave, or anyplace that Anakin lived or was associated with. The ST really does connect and circle back on only the theatrical OT and nothing more with its slight references to the PT (battle droid briefly seen in Babu Frik's shop, Palpatine repeating his ROTS dialogue, etc.) as being simple Easter Eggs and nothing more.

Last edited:
Well another thing about the PT is you don't need to see it in 4K to enjoy it because the story sells itself. The ST on the other hand needs to be viewed in 4K because the story is so bland & disjointed the special effects are the only thing keeping you entertained.

4k def improved my experience with the PT. There where times during some of the awkward dialogue I found myself appreciating the great picture.

Interesting that you bring up the FX being the only thing that entertains in the ST...

I feel the biggest saving grace of the PT is the FX / world building. There is just so much to look at all the time. Its hard to get board even when the scene has little of interest going on.

Back