Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Yoda. OK. Dammit you guys and your initials for everything :lol

:rotfl

I think BY in M using FH is just as bad as the "FD" using those powers in TROS. I mean, even the FC that BY used on CD was too much.

;)

That's fine. :lol

Look JAWS, the whole point I was making was about Rey learning Force healing from those texts. I think it causes too many problems (those texts having been the basis for Jedi teachings). So, I agree with your take on it that a better explanation is that Rey knew how to heal by way of Palpatine lineage and being "chosen" by the Force to be particularly powerful.

My main thing is that I don't like where they've been taking Force powers relative to how they were presented in the OT and PT. Rey shouldn't have been doing Jedi mind tricks and instinctively using Force lightning. Broom Boy shouldn't have been pulling that broom. Baby Yoda shouldn't be lifting a mudhorn with telekenesis. Ben Solo shouldn't just (somehow) know how to raise someone from the dead.

I think we both agree on this for the most part..

Do these things make me hate TFA, TLJ, and Mandalorian? No. But I'd prefer if these things hadn't been put on screen. One of the easiest ways for me to lose interest in SW is by turning Force users into super-powered Neo-like gods. Not interested; too far from the OT.

It did make me hate TFA and TLJ...
That's why the explanation of her being a Palps works for me.. A descendent of the most powerful Jedi is enough of an explanation for me to accept her gifts.

As for Ben Solo.. Ill chalk that up to the Dyad. As for Baby Yoda?? Perhaps an Anomaly :lol

But I agree I dont liek the idea of super powered neo-like Gods.. I hope they back off that for future films and series.

I'm not telling you that you can't interpret "Force Dyad" being the reason why Rey was able to learn the skills that Ben/Kylo had learned. When I'm giving my opinion that disagrees with yours, all I'm aiming to do is state why I see things the way I do. To *me* the Force Dyad is lame. That's not to say that I think everyone else should think it's lame. Just giving my personal point of view.

Yeah I know you weren't saying that I can't interpret it that way, my point was that I'm actually giving you the Jedi Mind Trick as poorly explained that literally requires a leap from the audience to work. For me the Dyad explanation is adequate because I pretty much assumed from the get go that she "downloaded" the ability from Kylo when in his head and the Dyad now serves as a sufficient label as to how and why.

To me, shooting Force lightning out of nowhere is ridiculous. For one thing, it leads too easily to an interpretation that Rey inherited dark side powers by virtue of being a Palpatine. For another thing, it suggests that Force-sensitive beings can unwittingly unleash all kinds of crazy powers whenever they can't control their emotions. If that was the case, baby Yoda wouldn't have just *tried* to choke Cara Dune; he would've obliterated her like Rey did with the ship. :lol And there are plenty of other Anakin-related emotion controlling scenarios where Force lightning would've been flying out of his ass.

You mean like when he screamed in anguish and inadvertently destroyed all the surgical droids in the room? :)

The Force choking that Luke did is something that I perceive as an extension of telekinesis. If you can "touch" an object without making contact, and move it, then you can squeeze an object in the same way. I don't consider "Force choke" as some kind of separate dark-side power. It's just telekinesis, but not something that a Jedi should be using for obvious reasons.

Interesting. Based on what is shown on screen I can't claim you're wrong so that take works just as well as any. I admit that I interpret "Force choking" as a specific Dark Side power separate from telekinesis due to the 1987 West End Games RPG but I'd be a massive hypocrite if I died on that battlefield after all my "only the films count" talk so I'll allow your interpretation as being equally valid. :duff

Yes, you're right, telekinesis as a more "natural/easy" Force ability is something that I can intellectualize that way. But healing, when no other Jedi had healed anyone or anything before? Or extending that to resurrection powers? Or shooting Force lightning? These are all much more "active" powers that go beyond simply "reaching out" and pulling objects with your mind while concentrating. Hell, I tried to do it as kid. :lol

Well resurrection isn't it's own thing it's just the complete transferring of life energy from one person to another which is still under the umbrella of Force Healing (which I know you don't like anyway, but just sayin'.)

Fair enough. We simply see the "balance" issue differently. I won't bore you with how I think it's not actually as fatalistic as you suggest. :)

Actually I'm kind of in the mood to hear more on it, lol. Do you have something you could copy and paste so as not to bore yourself in typing it up? ;)

Sure! :duff

I honestly believe that the TROS filmmakers intended to suggest that Luke read the texts (at least in part). We'll just agree to disagree. :duff

Fair enough.

One of the easiest ways for me to lose interest in SW is by turning Force users into super-powered Neo-like gods. Not interested; too far from the OT.

So was Vader lying when he said that the ability to destroy a planet was insignificant next to the power of the Force or not? Was Palpatine lying about unlimited power as well? I'm fine with you simply saying "yes" (lol) but for the guy who spent two years defending Leia Poppins surviving and flying in the vacuum of space like Superman I find it ironic that you don't want anything in SW to overlap with things done by superheroes, lol. ;)

I know that you loved that RJ repeatedly said that he didn't want the Jedi to be superheroes and had Luke even lecture Rey on that very subject but still at the end of the day the Jedi are still based on fantasy wizards of old and using "magical powers" is an inherent part of their identity.

Anakin was created by the force yet Rey shooting lightning is now a big deal lol

CREATING LIFE FROM THIN AIR IS OK!

BUT Rey Palpatine shooting lightning is crossing the line lol

Hell I bet Palpatine helped her do that.

Luke astral projection is ok but Rey lightning HELL NO!

Vader was wrong the death star is stronger than the force lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually ajp if you want to open the door to the notion that Force Choking isn't a specific skill and is simply using telekinesis to cause internal injuries then I can just say that Force Healing uses telekinesis to *heal* internal injuries and seal wounds muahahaha. :devil

And when Rey said that she was transferring life energy she meant that she was being drained to use the skill just like Force Projection and if you do too much you die just like Luke on Ahch-To and Ben on Exegol. Thanks ajp for proving that FH is perfectly valid no matter which interpretation you want to take. :rock

:duff

;)

Last edited:
:lol

Qui Gon inexplicably self-resurrecting after death > Palpatine learning how to cheat death from his former master and openly talking about it prior to his return

lol

Lets see if QuiGon is really dead:

Startled-cats-peel-out.gif

Actually ajp if you want to open thedoor to the notion that Force Choking isn't a specific skill and is simply using telekinesis to cause internal injuries then I can just say that Force Healing uses telekinesis to *heal* internal injuries and seal wounds muahahaha. :devil

And when Rey said that she was transferring life energy she meant that she was being drained to use the skill just like Force Projection and if you do too much you die just like Luke on Ahch-To and Ben on Exegol. Thanks ajp for proving that FH is perfectly valid no matter which interpretation you want to take. :rock

;)

As soon as I saw him post that very specific explanation I knew he had done himself in!

His entire house of cards against TROS Rey has crumbled his foundation swept away in a tsunami of his own doing no less!

ajp you are toast dude FH is now 100% legit lol

What the, lol.

:lol :lol

Yep only a Sith deals in specifics when debating SW, it's over ajp I have the high ground. ;)

:lol :lol

This is crazy ajp himself just gave 100% legitimacy to the thing he hated the most.

In his attempt to destroy TROS he has given it great life and resiliency against any future attacks lol

Hell even JAWS will NOW HAVE TO LOVE Rey FH :rotfl:

I still think Palpatine played in Schmi's taco to make Anakin. He probably never called her or sold her into slavery so noone would come after him for child support. Maybe he did the Kenobi wave and told her there was no pentration into her crude matter.

I still think Palpatine played in Schmi's taco to make Anakin. He probably never called her or sold her into slavery so noone would come after him for child support. Maybe he did the Kenobi wave and told her there was no pentration into her crude matter.

WTF

I?m dying lol

:lol

The single craziest SW theory I've ever heard was that after TROS Rey somehow traveled back in time when she visited the Lars homestead. And that after changing her last name to Skywalker she changed her first name to Shmi only to discover that Ben "transferring life" into her is what conceived Anakin. :panic:

:thud:

Actually ajp if you want to open the door to the notion that Force Choking isn't a specific skill and is simply using telekinesis to cause internal injuries then I can just say that Force Healing uses telekinesis to *heal* internal injuries and seal wounds muahahaha. :devil

;)

As soon as I saw him post that very specific explanation I knew he had done himself in!

His entire house of cards against TROS Rey has crumbled his foundation swept away in a tsunami of his own doing no less!

ajp you are toast dude FH is now 100% legit lol

Yep only a Sith deals in specifics when debating SW, it's over ajp I have the high ground. ;)

Are you two seriously trying to suggest that Rey Force healing the giant snake was done by telekinetic connecting of tendons, tissue, and arteries?

Where and when the **** did Rey learn giant serpent anatomy!? :rotfl You've gotta be kidding me, right? :lol

Sorry fellas, applying the squeeze to someone's throat is a simple tactile act that can be naturally adapted to the concept of telekinesis. Healing mortal wounds is a medical process involving fusing biological matter with precision and knowledge.

Keep trying, though. I'm enjoying your efforts. :)

Back