Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a good internet forum rule of thumb...
0b967b6a050a0d49a8fff0852f667dac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I remember Snikt wanted to fight over the death note movie lol it was hilarious. Also he said he was like some hollywood guy or something. Man. Miss those times. Dig up the death note and Venom threads and youll see some gems.

I actually remember that one. They said that that's the name the girl wrote on his Starbucks cup and when he brought it back to the table they were all cracking up so much they decided they had to work it into the movie somehow, lol.

"One venti java chip frappuchino for Scarif!" :lol

Reminds me of when the OT ILM guys went out and got hammered and Phil Tippett noticed that his "salacious" (shoelaces) were untied which led to the name Salacious Crumb, lol.

Now i?m confused.

I thought it was Gilroy who came up with AND shot Vader!

So after the editor said the ending needed a bigger Oomph Gareth came up with AND shot Vader!

With Peter Jackson in attendance!

I?m sorry but now that I have learned this...

Gareth > Gilroy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Now i?m confused.

I thought it was Gilroy who came up with AND shot Vader!

So after the editor said the ending needed a bigger Oomph Gareth came up with AND and shot Vader!

With Peter Jackson in attendance!

I?m sorry but now that I have learned this...

Gareth > Gilroy

Yeah that's what our boy SNIKT said way back when but from the very beginning I called BS on that since Gareth cameo'd as a Rebel Soldier in that very scene!

The funny thing is it was proven he was making a lot of stuff up. That doesn't mean he was lying about everything, but once you are caught lying on a forum like this it's hard to believe much of anything after that.

Yeah, I would always pick up the discussions when he was on the defensive, lol. I can recall a few times someone would actually refute his claims, but it seemed most of the stuff he said there was no way of knowing definitively if it was b.s. or not, so it never bothered me. Plus when I was a relative noob he gave me some good tips on who were the more reputable suppliers in the Asian market, so on the whole he was OK in my book.

I remember Snikt wanted to fight over the death note movie lol it was hilarious. Also he said he was like some hollywood guy or something. Man. Miss those times. Dig up the death note and Venom threads and youll see some gems.

IIRC, that was the thread where SNIKT offered to PM another member his workplace address so the two of them could meet face-to-face. With how aggressively he defended that movie, one would be quick to believe he was genuinely involved in making it.

Skiman is a real body builder. Snikt liked to tell people he was pumping iron and intimidating chatty POCs in between buying restaurants and talking to Lucasfilm staff.

Wow, just watched TCW Season 7 Episode 9 after reading that it takes place an hour before ROTS. I must say that was a true cut above anything else I've seen in the series thus far. I actually got goosebumps when Ahsoka was fighting the Mandalorians on top of the gunships. That was freaking awesome. I'm definitely hooked to see how they close this out over the next three episodes now.

Wow, just watched TCW Season 7 Episode 9 after reading that it takes place an hour before ROTS. I must say that was a true cut above anything else I've seen in the series thus far. I actually got goosebumps when Ahsoka was fighting the Mandalorians on top of the gunships. That was freaking awesome. I'm definitely hooked to see how they close this out over the next three episodes now.

It was awesome. The intro was a really touch as well. It felt “Star Warsy” for me.

This final arc apparently take places before, during, and after ROTS. Should be 4 30 minute long episodes, so basically 2 hour animated tie in movie to ROTS. :yess:

How many episodes have you seen? There are many great episodes set to the tone of this newest one. You could probably just jump from arc to arc.

While I agree that it was thrilling I still can?t accept that style of SW where the jedi are literally Superman and Wonder Woman.

When I see them jumping for a 1/4 of a mile between ships and buildings then bounce up from a 300 foot fall I loose all interest in the narrative.

But going beyond just the aesthetics the other thing I find to be more problematic is that the ST and RO aligned itself better with the OT than TCW is doing with the PT.

You can?t tell me that Ashoka, Maul and the Mandalorians would NOT have been the main topic of conversation between Anakin and ObiWan in the start of ROTS which was taking place only minutes after this episode or even mentioned at all in the entire movie.

Not even MAUL!!!

Same goes for the return of Ashoka!!!

The battle raging at Mandalore!!!

Not once not even ONE of those huge topics were brought up with the jedi council or Yoda and it all happened just minutes before the movie began lol!

C?mon.

If anything ObiWan and Anakin now being aware of Maul contradicts the entire plot of ROTS!

Think about it ROTS centers around the shroud of the sith.

But what shroud they already know Maul is alive and well.

That just makes the jedi look even more stupid!

TLJ Luke was right what idiots lol

Last edited:
While I agree that it was thrilling I still can?t accept that style of SW where the jedi are literally Superman and Wonder Woman.

When I see them jumping for a 1/4 of a mile between ships and buildings then bounce up from a 300 foot fall I loose all interest in the narrative.

The other thing is that I think that the ST and RO matched up better with the OT than TCW is doing with the PT.

You can?t tell me that Ashoka, Maul and the Mandalorians would NOT have been the main topic of conversation between Anakin and ObiWan in the start of ROTS which was only minutes after this episode or even mentioned at all in the entire movie.

Not even MAUL!!!

Same goes for the return of Ashoka!!!

The battle raging at Mandalore!!!

Not once not even ONE of those topics with the jedi council or Yoda!

C?mon.

There you go kicking the PT hornets nest to keep this ass cheek of a thread alive . Starting a PT argument to keep this crap afloat cause you yourself know that if this thread dies than Star Wars will go away for a long time and you have no idea when it will return.

It?s over..... The ST killed Star Wars son. It?s time to pack it up and find a new franchise to love.

Let this thread get buried.

There you go kicking the PT hornets nest to keep this ass cheek of a thread alive . Starting a PT argument to keep this crap afloat cause you yourself know that if this thread dies than Star Wars will go away for a long time and you have no idea when it will return.

It?s over..... The ST killed Star Wars son. It?s time to pack it up and find a new franchise to love.

Let this thread get buried.

I took it as criticism of TCW, not the PT. You can't fault the PT for inconsistencies introduced 15 years after the fact. You can fault it for a lot of things, but not that. lol

Back