Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my criticism was definitely directed towards TCW not PT but TCW is set between AOTC and ROTS so it applies to the PT by default anyways lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree that it was thrilling I still can?t accept that style of SW where the jedi are literally Superman and Wonder Woman.

When I see them jumping for a 1/4 of a mile between ships and buildings then bounce up from a 300 foot fall I loose all interest in the narrative.

But going beyond just the aesthetics the other thing I find to be more problematic is that the ST and RO aligned itself better with the OT than TCW is doing with the PT.

You can?t tell me that Ashoka, Maul and the Mandalorians would NOT have been the main topic of conversation between Anakin and ObiWan in the start of ROTS which was taking place only minutes after this episode or even mentioned at all in the entire movie.

Not even MAUL!!!

Same goes for the return of Ashoka!!!

The battle raging at Mandalore!!!

Not once not even ONE of those huge topics were brought up with the jedi council or Yoda and it all happened just minutes before the movie began lol!

C?mon.

If anything ObiWan and Anakin now being aware of Maul contradicts the entire plot of ROTS!

Think about it ROTS centers around the shroud of the sith.

But what shroud they already know Maul is alive and well.

That just makes the jedi look even more stupid!

TLJ Luke was right what idiots lol

Yep the one thing that kind of ruins it is Maul and you spelled out exactly why. So the entire Clone Wars are being run by a Sith Lord that the Jedi are looking for. The Jedi are aware that DARTH MAUL has cheated death and lives. An hour later..."Killing General Grievous will end this war." Huh??? "I think Chancellor Palpatine is the Sith Lord we're looking for." Huh??? lol

The forum is just that, mine and khevs public pm to each other lol

Yep, lol.

It was awesome. The intro was a really touch as well. It felt ?Star Warsy? for me.

This final arc apparently take places before, during, and after ROTS. Should be 4 30 minute long episodes, so basically 2 hour animated tie in movie to ROTS. :yess:

How many episodes have you seen? There are many great episodes set to the tone of this newest one. You could probably just jump from arc to arc.

I haven't watched any other episodes of this new season. When I heard that they were censoring "problematic" portions of George's original versions of those episodes and replacing them with ridiculous SJW looking chicks with half shaved heads I decided not to bother. But this new one was very exciting. Too bad they painted themselves into a continuity breaking corner after George insisted on bringing Maul back from the dead.

Yep the one thing that kind of ruins it is Maul and you spelled out exactly why. So the entire Clone Wars are being run by a Sith Lord that the Jedi are looking for. The Jedi are aware that DARTH MAUL has cheated death and lives. An hour later..."Killing General Grievous will end this war." Huh??? "I think Chancellor Palpatine is the Sith Lord we're looking for." Huh??? lol

Yep, lol.

I sense count Ducky.

I?ll give ROTS one thing.

It has the longest craziest most bombastic deleted scene in all of SW!

Yes i?m referring to that now infamous super lengthy crude animatic of the grievous obi wan chase battle!

Holy crap there truly are no words to properly describe that sequence it must be watched without pausing lol

For starters it is infinitely better than what we got.

But had Lucas put that in there in its entirety it would have easily become the focal point of the entire movie not Anakin fall but taking out GG and his spike bike lol

I?m talking Pod Race level of length if not longer!

That highway portion of running over everyone death race 2000 style lol

Obi Wan is ruthless at the end!

It is absurd!

It is spectacular!

What we got pales in comparison!

At least it would have made GG somewhat match his more ruthless demeanor in the original CW cartoon!

Last edited:
I love how General Grievous digs up those dead clone bodies to launch at Obi-Wan. :lol Then of course, the alternate take of Obi-Wan ripping out Grievous’ guts before shooting them. Lots of ****ed up things in that sequence. I guarantee the original Order 66 sequence and the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel were probably even longer and more violent if that animatic is anything to go by.

Really hope the next Black Series vehicle after the Snowspeeder w/ Dak is a new Grievous with his wheel bike and a new Obi-Wan (with photoreal) with the Jedi Starfighter. Those seem small enough to get a release.

Or maybe do Cinema scene vehicle two packs. New Endor Poncho Luke on speeder bike vs. Scout Trooper. Grievous on wheelbike vs Obi-Wan. Anakin vs Sebulba (Podracers). I love those type of high speed “death matches”.

I sense count Ducky.

Yes i?m referring to that now infamous super lengthy crude animatic of the grievous obi wan chase battle!

Holy crap there truly are no words to properly describe that sequence it must be watched without pausing lol

But had Lucas put that in there in its entirety it would have easily become the focal point of the entire movie not Anakin fall but taking out GG and his spike bike lol

It is absurd!

It is spectacular!

At least it would have made GG somewhat match his more ruthless demeanor in the original CW cartoon!

That was the one where Grievous started spinning his wheel to send chunks of clone bodies at Obi-Wan right? :lol I need to watch that again, lol.

Didn't Spielberg direct the extended sequence and then Lucas came in and reduced it to what we have in the film?

I love how General Grievous digs up those dead clone bodies to launch at Obi-Wan. :lol Then of course, the alternate take of Obi-Wan ripping out Grievous? guts before shooting them. Lots of ****ed up things in that sequence. I guarantee the original Order 66 sequence and the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel were probably even longer and more violent.

Really hope the next vehicle after the Black Series Snowspeeder w/ Dak is a new Grievous with his wheel bike and a new Obi-Wan with the Jedi Starship. Those seem small enough to get a release.

Holy crap is that what he was doing lol

Yeah those 2 vehicles would be awesome.

You do mean 3.75 right lol

My wife demands below 6 inches when it comes to collectible vehicles.

Last edited:
No, 6 inch.

The Dewback w/ Sandtrooper, Luke’s Landspeeder and the upcoming Snowspeeder w/ Dak are some of the coolest Star Wars toys to come out in the past 20 years. They’re the perfect size/price range.

Obviously an X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Falcon aren’t doable due to their size and cost, but they could easily do,

- Grievous w/ Wheelbike
- Obi-Wan w/ Jedistarfighter
- Anakin w/ Jedistarfighter
- Darth Maul w/ speeder bike
- Anakin w/ Podracer
- Sebulba w/ Podracer
- Pilot w/ A-Wing
- Darth Vader w/ Tie Advanced

I’d get every single one of those.

Obviously an X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Falcon aren’t doable due to their size and cost

They did a 6 inch TIE for TFA.

TIE-Fighter-Black-Series.jpg

h0Pz5WPC9FF-qgv0T_5Y3xkaFmFrTJs2MckCjXwd1zeObeUhjTL66OEyP_gXkXl2TmaXYFTiOkyfMKZZAwDucSC-zL-siI3mLZtG1-DXno-HzVeKUPovkTOxXtJTV27YmPQ5dBuIxVvgIXq4zMDlZHmocqQVLjBbmU_GlsEFYTvB5U1nnjMzAS3huz_Z_Qk0KjTI-fYNBcyI_x1KNjxvkTFlLASiPQTT

Yeah and it sat at retail and was massively discounted. It takes up a ridiculous amount of space and I’m pretty sure the wings were one time assembly only. The Toys R Us stores around here had them till the very end. I think it scared Hasbro off on a proper OT Tie Fighter and I definitely never see them doing an X-Wing. The length of that sucker would be insane, especially with the wingspan.

The more compact ones are definitely doable though. The Snowspeeder gives me hope. I’m hoping that it sells really well. It’s beautiful. A Jedi Starfighter and Darth’s Tie Fighter would be the next logical step after that, I would think.

The only thing that I think would be difficult for them are Podracers. Not sure how they could do those cables (or whatever holds and connects the pod to the two engines

That was the one where Grievous started spinning his wheel to send chunks of clone bodies at Obi-Wan right? :lol I need to watch that again, lol.

Didn't Spielberg direct the extended sequence and then Lucas came in and reduced it to what we have in the film?

Yo I wasn?t aware Spielberg worked on that!

Makes sense it was better than what GL gave us lol

Yeah and it sat at retail and was massively discounted. It takes up a ridiculous amount of space and I?m pretty sure the wings were one time assembly only. The Toys R Us stores around here had them till the very end. I think it scared Hasbro off on a proper OT Tie Fighter and I definitely never see them doing an X-Wing. The length of that sucker would be insane, especially with the wingspan.

The more compact ones are definitely doable though. The Snowspeeder gives me hope. I?m hoping that it sells really well. It?s beautiful. A Jedi Starfighter and Darth?s Tie Fighter would be the next logical step after that, I would think.

The only thing that I think would be difficult for them are Podracers. Not sure how they could do those cables (or whatever holds and connects the pod to the two engines

I remember having a pod racer as a kid and it being difficult to connect those cables together so it might be.

Yeah especially with that little Indy bit of Obi-Wan being dragged on the ground by the rope. Though I think this was the initial inspiration for Grievous' death, lol:

https://youtu.be/XoIerPel_ho?t=260

I definitely thought of Indy during that sequence I should?ve put 1 and 1 together....all roads Lucas lead to Spielberg lol

While I agree that it was thrilling I still can?t accept that style of SW where the jedi are literally Superman and Wonder Woman.

When I see them jumping for a 1/4 of a mile between ships and buildings then bounce up from a 300 foot fall I loose all interest in the narrative.

They use the force to do it. Works for me. Luke does some awesome **** like that in the EU too.

But going beyond just the aesthetics the other thing I find to be more problematic is that the ST and RO aligned itself better with the OT than TCW is doing with the PT.

One is an animated TV show that was released years after the PT geared more towards kids while the others are just live action movies, of course one feels closer to the other.

You can?t tell me that Ashoka, Maul and the Mandalorians would NOT have been the main topic of conversation between Anakin and ObiWan in the start of ROTS which was taking place only minutes after this episode or even mentioned at all in the entire movie.

Not even MAUL!!!

Same goes for the return of Ashoka!!!

The battle raging at Mandalore!!!

Not once not even ONE of those huge topics were brought up with the jedi council or Yoda and it all happened just minutes before the movie began lol!

C?mon.

Kenobi probably never mentioned it to them because of the news about the Chancellor. Why would they be causally talking in the middle of a space battle rescuing the Chancellor?

"Remember, concentrate on the moment." One of the first things Qui-Gon teaches Anakin.

If anything ObiWan and Anakin now being aware of Maul contradicts the entire plot of ROTS!

Think about it ROTS centers around the shroud of the sith.

But what shroud they already know Maul is alive and well.

That just makes the jedi look even more stupid!

You forgot about AOTC introducing Count Dooku and the Jedi knowing he is the apprentice. Pretty sure there is a plot where the Jedi know Maul isn't a real Sith anymore either.

Yep, lol.

Like I told Jye, see AOTC and prior TCW episodes. It's explained fairly well. They knew Dooku was the apprentice and Maul no longer was a true Sith.

I haven't watched any other episodes of this new season. When I heard that they were censoring "problematic" portions of George's original versions of those episodes and replacing them with ridiculous SJW looking chicks with half shaved heads I decided not to bother. But this new one was very exciting. Too bad they painted themselves into a continuity breaking corner after George insisted on bringing Maul back from the dead.

You can skip the arc with the sisters. Completely meaningless, boring episodes. A waste really. If you've been following the larger arc of the series and like the focus on the Clones/Rex, I would definitely suggest watching the first four episodes.

I sense count Ducky.

It is absurd!

It is spectacular!

It's a shame we never got to see that.

ROTS should have been a 4 hour movie at minimum.

No, 6 inch.

The Dewback w/ Sandtrooper, Luke?s Landspeeder and the upcoming Snowspeeder w/ Dak are some of the coolest Star Wars toys to come out in the past 20 years. They?re the perfect size/price range.

Obviously an X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Falcon aren?t doable due to their size and cost, but they could easily do,

- Grievous w/ Wheelbike
- Obi-Wan w/ Jedistarfighter
- Anakin w/ Jedistarfighter
- Darth Maul w/ speeder bike
- Anakin w/ Podracer
- Sebulba w/ Podracer
- Pilot w/ A-Wing
- Darth Vader w/ Tie Advanced

I?d get every single one of those.

I would buy all those even though all my Black Series stuff is boxed up and I have them in 3.75 already :lol If they kept them in that 80-120 range, would be perfect.

The Podracers would be huge though. I have both in 3.75 and they are hard to display. Would have to come with a stand like those speeder bikes did.

6 inch XW would be the size of HT 89 batmobile lol

Ok probably not but you get the idea.

What's wrong with that? :lol

They use the force to do it. Works for me. Luke does some awesome **** like that in the EU too.

One is an animated TV show that was released years after the PT geared more towards kids while the others are just live action movies, of course one feels closer to the other.

Kenobi probably never mentioned it to them because of the news about the Chancellor. Why would they be causally talking in the middle of a space battle rescuing the Chancellor?

"Remember, concentrate on the moment." One of the first things Qui-Gon teaches Anakin.

You forgot about AOTC introducing Count Dooku and the Jedi knowing he is the apprentice. Pretty sure there is a plot where the Jedi know Maul isn't a real Sith anymore either.

Like I told Jye, see AOTC and prior TCW episodes. It's explained fairly well. They knew Dooku was the apprentice and Maul no longer was a true Sith.

You can skip the arc with the sisters. Completely meaningless, boring episodes. A waste really. If you've been following the larger arc of the series and like the focus on the Clones/Rex, I would definitely suggest watching the first four episodes.

It's a shame we never got to see that.

ROTS should have been a 4 hour movie at minimum.

I would buy all those even though all my Black Series stuff is boxed up and I have them in 3.75 already :lol If they kept them in that 80-120 range, would be perfect.

The Podracers would be huge though. I have both in 3.75 and they are hard to display. Would have to come with a stand like those speeder bikes did.

What's wrong with that? :lol

What was the deal with that witch group that gave power to Mauls brother were they related to Ventress.

What was Ventress outcome where is she.

Who is the main Clone of the show, Rex or Cody.

Last edited:
Back