Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sums it up perfectly for me as well. ANH will always be my fav too. I love how raw and pure that movie is. It's why George was justifiably nervous right until opening day because he had no clue if his weird little serial-inspired space fantasy experiment would bomb or not. :lol So much authenticity in ANH. Never gonna be beat.

So watching ESB last night in 4K just solidified my preference of ANH over it. Its a great movie don't get me wrong. I love it. But ANH is just so much fun and like you said its Raw and Pure.

I was let down by the transfer of ESB when compared to ANH. It was nice but not as good as its predecessor.

I do think Mark Hamill should have gotten a Best Actor nomination. I mean the whole film he is talking to a puppet and a tin can and really doing a great job at selling it. He really helps sell the believability of Yoda.

Asteroid chase and Lightsaber Duel are my two fav moments in the SW saga.

Khev, you're adding fuel to my insanity fire.

A Force Dyad. Pfft. :slap WTF does that even mean?

What does a Force Dyad do? Why does the Force create it? And why can its combined "life force" be sucked out so easily?

Are they gonna start sprinkling in Force Dyads in these High Republic stories just to justify this nonsense?

:gah:

Force Dyads came from the same place as Force made babies

pissed that they couldn't be bothered to bring Hayden into TROS to have Anakin, Luke, and Ben close out the saga in shared scenes.

Out of curiosity how would this have gone over with you:

TROS plays exactly the same up until Tatooine at the end.

This time Rey kneels in the sand, buries the sabers, then while still on one knee looks over at Luke and Leia and smiles. Instead of the old woman a shimmering figure in a hooded robe appears in front of her. A man's voice says "it has been so long since anyone was here. Who are you?"

She says "Rey."

"Rey who?"

Rey's smile fades. "Just Rey."

The hooded figure pulls back his hood to reveal Hayden Christensen. "No. Rey Skywalker." He smiles. "Rise."

She stands and faces the suns. End credits.

So watching ESB last night in 4K just solidified my preference of ANH over it. Its a great movie don't get me wrong. I love it. But ANH is just so much fun and like you said its Raw and Pure.

I was let down by the transfer of ESB when compared to ANH. It was nice but not as good as its predecessor.

I do think Mark Hamill should have gotten a Best Actor nomination. I mean the whole film he is talking to a puppet and a tin can and really doing a great job at selling it. He really helps sell the believability of Yoda.

You're saving me from a further descent into madness by talking OT. Thank you JAWS!

I never really thought about how much credit Hamill should get for performing against non-humans, but yeah, you're totally right. He pulled it off enough to be totally convincing.

ESB is the best-written, and best directed, in terms of polished storytelling. But ANH will always have the edge for me when it comes down to how it makes me feel when watching SW movies. It's just so damned genuine! I love it.

True about Hamill performance even better than Sir AG I would say.

But I don?t think ESB transfer will ever look as good as ANH due to the darker more ominous settings and neither of those 2 will ever match ROTJ vibrant settings.

Honestly the worse they look the better I want to smell the old sex in the cloth theater seats from that era lol

I kid I kid I like me 4K SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time Rey kneels in the sand, buries the sabers, then while still on one knee looks over at Luke and Leia and smiles. Instead of the old woman a shimmering figure in a hooded robe appears in front of her. A man's voice says "it has been so long since anyone was here. Who are you?"

She says "Rey."

"Rey who?"

The hooded figure pulls back his hood to reveal Hayden Christensen. "No. Rey Skywalker." He smiles. "Rise."

Well, it'd be marginally better for me, but not a big change. My thing has more to do with father, son, and grandson having some sort of interconnected role in the outcome (or at least the takeaway) of the final chapter of the Skywalker story.

Off topic, but I watched An New Hope on Disney plus last night. The 4k is good, but what the **** is Maclunkey? That Greedo scene has to be the most edited scene in history, and it only ever gets worse. :lol

The original actor who played Greedo says that even he doesn't have a clue, lol.

Oh man i?m dying with that gif....

Or should I say Dyading lol

:lol

She says "Rey."

"Rey who?"

I'd be sad Khev… poor Anakin's force ghost is left to suffer an eternity of haunting Tatooine … dude hates sand Khev not cool.

But I'd also be confused why you'd pay the actor to come back and then not utilize him either in the final battle against Palpatine or not have him 'force chat' with Kylo which would have more meaning …. who the hell is Rey to him??

You're saving me from a further descent into madness by talking OT. Thank you JAWS!

I never really thought about how much credit Hamill should get for performing against non-humans, but yeah, you're totally right. He pulled it off enough to be totally convincing.

ESB is the best-written, and best directed, in terms of polished storytelling. But ANH will always have the edge for me when it comes down to how it makes me feel when watching SW movies. It's just so damned genuine! I love it.

ANH will always inherently be better than ESB simply because ESB needs ANH for it to achieve its own greatness where as standalone ANH needs no other movie to achieve its level of perfection.

She says "Rey."

"Rey who?"

I actually like that.

In a way I also wanted to see HC, SLJ and EM in TROS.

I'd be sad Khev… poor Anakin's force ghost is left to suffer an eternity of haunting Tatooine … dude hates sand Khev not cool.

:rotfl

But I'd also be confused why you'd pay the actor to come back and then not utilize him either in the final battle against Palpatine or not have him 'force chat' with Kylo which would have more meaning …. who the hell is Rey to him??

:exactly: :clap

ANH will always inherently be better than ESB simply because ESB needs ANH for it to achieve its own greatness where as standalone ANH needs no other movie to achieve its level of perfection.

Also true, and a great point.

I'd be sad Khev? poor Anakin's force ghost is left to suffer an eternity of haunting Tatooine ? dude hates sand Khev not cool.

After Anakin tells Rey to rise he starts feverishly shaking out his robe dumping out tons of sand. "Dammit!" Rey, Luke, Leia, and BB-8 all share a group laugh (like when everyone laughed at beeping R2 at the end of ANH.) End credits.

But I'd also be confused why you'd pay the actor to come back and then not utilize him either in the final battle against Palpatine or not have him 'force chat' with Kylo which would have more meaning ?. who the hell is Rey to him??

They did pay him to come back though. He was one of the voices encouraging Rey at the end.

I'd be sad Khev? poor Anakin's force ghost is left to suffer an eternity of haunting Tatooine ? dude hates sand Khev not cool.

But I'd also be confused why you'd pay the actor to come back and then not utilize him either in the final battle against Palpatine or not have him 'force chat' with Kylo which would have more meaning ?. who the hell is Rey to him??

Oh man that sand line is freaking hilarious lol

Well since I'll never live in a world where ANH doesn't exist I can always enjoy ESB knowing what came before and it will remain not just my favorite SW film but fave film of all time. ;)

That is correct and for me Empire just edges out Star wars. Empire is my favorite but my favorite movie of all time is Raiders of the lost Ark. My top 3 is Raiders, Empire and then Star Wars.

After Anakin tells Rey to rise he starts feverishly shaking out his robe dumping out tons of sand. "Dammit!" Rey, Luke, Leia, and BB-8 all share a group laugh (like when everyone laughed at beeping R2 at the end of ANH.) End credits.

They did pay him to come back though. He was one of the voices encouraging Rey at the end.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well since I'll never live in a world where ANH doesn't exist I can always enjoy ESB knowing what came before and it will remain not just my favorite SW film but fave film of all time. ;)

For me personally I also choose ESB over ANH but knowing that yes ESB emotional punches would mean nothing without ANH.

ANH emotional punches needs nothing else for them to succeed.

But again yes ESB is the superior film and also my favorite followed by ANH and AOTC....lol

Raiders takes the 3rd spot.

Now *that* altered ending gets my seal of approval. :lol

As Bravomite said, who is Rey to Anakin? If he has a choice to help either his redeemed grandson, or a Palpatine kid, who is it that you think he should choose to aid in taking down Palps and the Sith?

But he left his grandson to climb his own way out of a pit so that he could devote his energy to encouraging Rey instead? Terrible. Poor Ben.

Back