Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now *that* altered ending gets my seal of approval. :lol

:yess:

As Bravomite said, who is Rey to Anakin?

Um, the key to defeating Palpatine? :) By your logic apparently none of the Jedi should have answered Rey's call for help then? "Are any of you guys related to this chick? No? Yeah me neither, okay **** the galaxy," lol.

If he has a choice to help either his redeemed grandson, or a Palpatine kid, who is it that you think he should choose to aid in taking down Palps and the Sith?

But he left his grandson to climb his own way out of a pit so that he could devote his energy to encouraging Rey instead? Terrible. Poor Ben.

Well you're free to assume that he did encourage his grandson to either wake up or start the climb. It happened off screen so who knows.

I genuinely lol

Scared my wife too lol

:lol :lol :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol

For me personally I also choose ESB over ANH but knowing that yes ESB emotional punches would mean nothing without ANH.

ANH emotional punches needs nothing else for them to succeed.

But again yes ESB is the superior film and also my favorite followed by ANH and AOTC....lol

Raiders takes the 3rd spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think of ANH vs. ESB in a somewhat similar way that I think some people view Terminator vs. T2.

If someone said that T2 is a superior film to T1, I wouldn't argue that (much ;)). But for me, T1 is more genuine and inspired. The fact that it's less polished and more raw works in its favor for me. If I could only keep one copy of one movie from each franchise, I think I'd go with ANH and the first Terminator. Even though I clearly recognize areas where the sequels outdo the original.

By your logic apparently none of the Jedi should have answered Rey's call for help then? "Are any of you guys related to this chick? No? Yeah me neither, okay **** the galaxy," lol.

Stop it. You know what I mean. Anakin isn't in the same position as the other Jedi. He's always been family first. He turned against the light for family. He returned for family. Wouldn't it make sense that he'd be involved with his last family member, and want that grandson to finish their destiny/legacy?

Well you're free to assume that he did encourage his grandson to either wake up or start the climb. It happened off screen so who knows.

Meh.

No question T1 >>>>> T2. Not even close (though T2 is spectacular in its own right.)

If I had to pick a single "desert island" SW movie to watch forevermore to the exclusion of all others? Hmm, that would be tough actually in choosing between ANH and ESB. Even I might go with ANH for its self-contained purity as everyone has mentioned.

Oh I know it's all moot since you hate the movie which is why I just threw it out there as an offhand hypothetical. I certainly don't expect you to go out of your way to make TROS more acceptable for yourself. That's not a dig by the way, as I have no intention of allowing one iota of the new "High Republic" nonsense to be any part of the existing Saga.

I think of ANH vs. ESB in a somewhat similar way that I think some people view Terminator vs. T2.

If someone said that T2 is a superior film to T1, I wouldn't argue that (much ;)). But for me, T1 is more genuine and inspired. The fact that it's less polished and more raw works in its favor for me. If I could only keep one copy of one movie from each franchise, I think I'd go with ANH and the first Terminator. Even though I clearly recognize areas where the sequels outdo the original.

No question T1 >>>>> T2. Not even close (though T2 is spectacular in its own right.)

If I had to pick a single "desert island" SW movie to watch forevermore to the exclusion of all others. Hmm, that would be tough actually in choosing between ANH and ESB. Even I might go with ANH for its self-contained purity as everyone has mentioned.

Somewhere in Ireland....

gif-of-a-cat-shocked-that-you-are-filming-her

New trailer announcing the full Skywalker Saga on Disney+:

I don’t why they’re promoting this like a new set..all the movies are already on D+ except TROS ..so they should just advertise that TROS will be on D+ :lecture

I don?t why they?re promoting this like a new set..all the movies are already on D+ except TROS ..so they should just advertise that TROS will be on D+ :lecture

You have to remember that for every hardcore SW geek that you find in movie and collectible forums there are a ton more non SW movie and collectible geeks out there a ton more!

If there were then geek movies would have 5 billion box office numbers for every big movie.

Marketing to non geeks is even more important for studios than marketing for hardcore geeks.

The original actor who played Greedo says that even he doesn't have a clue, lol.

:lol

Yeah I saw that as I looked it up when the movie finished. I genuinely lol'd when it happened, it stood out so much as it wasn't even the same voice or tone, it just kind of happened.. Did Disney add that? And if they are able to edit the OT, why the heck aren't they doing it properly?

If I had to pick a single "desert island" SW movie to watch forevermore to the exclusion of all others? Hmm, that would be tough actually in choosing between ANH and ESB. Even I might go with ANH for its self-contained purity as everyone has mentioned.

Does my soul good to see people rightfully putting T1 ahead of T2 :)

Somewhere in Ireland....

gif-of-a-cat-shocked-that-you-are-filming-her

Yeah I saw that as I looked it up when the movie finished. I genuinely lol'd when it happened, it stood out so much as it wasn't even the same voice or tone, it just kind of happened.. Did Disney add that? And if they are able to edit the OT, why the heck aren't they doing it properly?

Hmmmm I thought it sounded like the same voice.

I love it. Lucas F'd up the moment so bad that it needed something like Maclunky to be a perfect one word description of how to ruin a perfectly good movie scene. :lol

Back