Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if Ducky and Ironwez are going to stand by the polls of having ROTS ranks so High I think that means they have to accept that on the

Star Wars poll - TLJ was 3rd fav

IGN - has Jedi at 3rd above ANH - With TPM, AOTC, TLJ as the top three for worst SW movies. Ducky must agree.

Variety is, as Khev said, before TLJ.. Still Clones takes the bottom spot.

Of course these polls are what is your fav. So it does not mean any of them are hated.. Accept for IGN in which they voted for worst and 2 of the 3 were PT films.

Lets look at Audience score

ESB - 97%
ANH - 96%
ROTJ - 94%

TFA - 86%
TROS - 86%
ROTS - 66%

TPM - 59%
AOTC - 56%
TLJ - 43%

Hmmmm look at that.

Lets look at another IGN Poll from 2017: https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/21/poll-results-how-would-you-rank-the-star-wars-movies

Look at what happens when asked to Rank.. PT takes the three lowest spots.

When Asked What is the best ROTS does fare better at number 3 which tells me it just has some goofy fans ;)

IGN staff rank the PT all at the bottom.

How about Popularity by Amazon https://www.cinemablend.com/news/16...ilms-ranked-by-popularity-according-to-amazon

Well yet again the PT takes the 3 of the 4 bottom spots.. But this is before TLJ and TROS so who knows if they may fair better.

Possible USA today staff ranking... You guessed it PT all at bottom. https://www.cinemablend.com/news/16...ilms-ranked-by-popularity-according-to-amazon

I can find countless rankings by individual writers doing their own rankings and putting the PT all at the bottom..

I have to assume since Ducky, Ironwez and aussiebott were so willing to jump in with Duckys polls that they must agree with these polls and rankings.

Khev, Jye and JAWS what's it like being right all the time

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I can accept different opnions but you guys keep disrepecting Rots so I gotta come for you. Saying the ST is better and talking down on it will not fly lol. And It seems you do care people like ROTS lol. You guys talk about it all the time.

These are facts and polls from fans that shows what they like and dislike

See my above post :)

;)

:lol :lol

Well that's a fact but people aren't quite as insane as Ducky would have you believe. He literally went back years trying to cherry pick a few polls that would agree with him, that first one he posted from 2017 was even before the release of TLJ, Solo, and TROS, lol.

Here let's make it real easy. Just go Google "Star Wars ranked" right now and see what comes up. :) Two of the top three links (by Digital Trends and USA Today) have all three prequels dead last. Almost all the others have TPM and AOTC last with ROTS in the bottom half. People haven't gone completely nuts just yet.

What's interesting as I comb through all the latest rankings is how many of them have Rogue One in the *Top Three.* Damn people came around on that film *quick.* Also TLJ has weathered the backlash to still remain high across almost all the lists as well. Not that I care of course because my rankings are the correct ones and I don't need any outside validation to prove it. ;)

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I just go by my own viewing habits. If any of the OT, ST, Rogue One or Solo are on TV, I'll stop and watch them without question, but TPM is the only PT film I've rewatched since they first were released on DVD. And with TPM I can only vaguely recall what happens after the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul lightsaber battle, as that's where I usually turn it off. :lol

I can accept different opnions but you guys keep disrepecting Rots so I gotta come for you. Saying the ST is better and talking down on it will not fly lol. And It seems you do care people like ROTS lol. You guys talk about it all the time.

See it's just the opposite though. Every time I give the PT another chance and it starts nudging closer and closer to me allowing them as canon you come and say crazy stuff about how they're better than the ST and then I just start seeing their all their faults all over again, lol. ;)

tenor.gif

:lol :rotfl :lol

See it's just the opposite though. Every time I give the PT another chance and it starts nudging closer and closer to me allowing them as canon you come and say crazy stuff about how they're better than the ST and then I just start seeing their all their faults all over again, lol. ;)

No kidding right? I am tired of being told that my opinion is impossible to understand when people stand by less then the stellar PT.

But I get why people might like the PT better then the ST.. As bad as the acting, fake cgi sets, and wonky writing is.. I can still understand it.

I can understand why they hate the ST.. Yet they just can get out of their own ST hating way to listen and understand why we might like it :lol

Last edited:
I can understand why they hate the ST.. Yet they just can get out of their own ST hating way to listen and understand why we might like it :lol

So true. "I just can't understand how someone who watched the OT in the 70's and 80's can like the ST." Then what the hell is the matter with you because I just spent the last five months breaking down why this trilogy scratches itches that I've wanted to see play out on screen for decades due to it honoring scenarios that were described not just in the EU but also proposed ideas going back to before ROTJ! :lecture

tenor.gif

:lol :lol :lol

I am actually dumbfounded how much crap JAWS is getting over the PT since historically he has always been a vocal defender, not apologist, but defender of what he considered their high levels of proper SW dna.

How are people not reading the words he is writing lol

JAWS: I give credit for Lucas being a visionary with the PT because the ST could have definitely have used more of that Lucas magical touch while the PT could have definitely benefited from a proper script writer and producer just to smooth out the YES people Lucas had surrounded himself with and.....

Ducky/Ironwez: OMG YOU HATE LUCAS AND THE PT AND YOU WORSHIP TROS AND ARE FRIENDS WITH KHEV AND JYE WE HOPE YOU DROP ALL OF YOUR EXPENSIVE POLYSTONE STATUES YOU SNOBBY SNARKY BASTARD ARGGGG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finally watched TFA for the first time since TROS.

So with watching it knowing the ending and watching it right after ROTJ I found I have several thoughts.

I enjoyed it so much more then I ever have before. Knowing where the story will go really helped me accept Reys force ability in this film. Being a Palps helped me accept Flying the Falcon, fighting Kylo's mind reading, and using the Jedi mind trick (that took her a few times to do). I still am not a fan of her winning in a duel. Even though Kylo is injured, emotionally torn after killing his father, and under orders to bring her to Snoke? Dramatically it just does not work.. After she called on the force and having some fighting skills she could have maybe put up a fight but He should have been able to disarm her and right when he was getting ready to take her the ground then should have opened up and split them apart. As is its not a deal breaker anymore.

The death of Solo is so much better. I never cared for the scene until the third film and how it plays with that and how I have grown to like the character. I found myself wishing he didn't kill Han for the first time... Not just because I like Han but I now care for Kylo and don't want to see him make that bad choice.

After watching ROTJ I cant get over how great Harrison Ford is in this film. He is having fun and seems to care. This is his movie much like TLJ was Luke's movie.

Finn is great in this film... Its really too bad they did not do more with him in the next two films. They should have built the romance between him and Rey as they have chemistry and whenever they huge it really feels like love.

I still don't care for Hux or Maz. Where did Luke's saber come from? and the action overall could be better.

But I fully enjoyed it this time.

I have no idea how I will feel about TLJ.. Probably the same as I always do. I will like Luke and Kylo.. I might enjoy Rey more now.. I will have issues with the rest of the film.

:lol :lol :lol

I am actually dumbfounded how much crap JAWS is getting over the PT since historically he has always been a vocal defender, not apologist, but defender of what he considered their high levels of proper SW dna.

How are people not reading the words he is writing lol

JAWS: I give credit for Lucas being a visionary with the PT because the ST could have definitely have used more of that Lucas magical touch while the PT could have definitely benefited from a proper script writer and producer just to smooth out the YES people Lucas had surrounded himself with and.....

Ducky/Ironwez: OMG YOU HATE LUCAS AND THE PT AND YOU WORSHIP TROS AND ARE FRIENDS WITH KHEV AND JYE WE HOPE YOU DROP ALL OF YOUR EXPENSIVE POLYSTONE STATUES YOU SNOBBY SNARKY BASTARD ARGGGG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol

Great write up! Can't wait to hear your updated take on TLJ. :rock

Totally agree on Maz. RJ was wise to demote her to being a mere hologram while bringing Yoda back to fill the "wise alien teacher" role.

No kidding right? I am tired of being told that my opinion is impossible to understand when people stand by less then the stellar PT.

But I get why people might like the PT better then the ST.. As bad as the acting, fake cgi sets, and wonky writing is.. I can still understand it.

You pretend to be all holier-than-thou but every time you mention the PT you take a swipe at it.

Great write up! Can't wait to hear your updated take on TLJ. :rock

Totally agree on Maz. RJ was wise to demote her to being a mere hologram while bringing Yoda back to fill the "wise alien teacher" role.

Yeah the film comes to a stand still..

I said I didn't like Hux.. I did like him a little more as Kylo's competition. I hate his speech before blowing up the planets..

Oh and I really wish they used anything but another Death Star... ANYTHING... Just an attack on a base that is making the weapons or something.. When they are around the table talking about the "Bigger star Killer" I roll my eyes... Every time.

You pretend to be all holier-than-thou but every time you mention the PT you take a swipe at it.

Obviously you have to go back and read my 4k reviews..

And yes I am going to take a swipe at them.. I have many issues with them.

But I don't have an issue with anyone liking them or pretend to fail to understand how anyone could.

Back