Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p.s. - Obi-Wan was pretty awesome for the most part. I'm looking forward to his series....

Same. I'm really bummed it won't be out until next year. Rumor has it that the first season was going to be about him helping a village fight off waves of Tusken Raiders but they decided to rewrite everything after that one Mando episode basically did the same thing. If true then that's two bad because that would have really worked for Obi-Wan and it wasn't even one of the better Mando episodes.

Really!!?? And here I was thinking it was Tartakovsky.

It was also Kenner who gave us such iconic names as Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and Lobot. And let's not forget this baby:

image-1201172.jpeg

I guess after helping kill one of the top two Jedi Masters he felt there was no turning back.

Tartakovsky says he always gets the credit for it but never underestimate the power and influence of toy companies.

It?s all good I don?t care where it originated from all that matters is that it all worked out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I'm really bummed it won't be out until next year. Rumor has it that the first season was going to be about him helping a village fight off waves of Tusken Raiders but they decided to rewrite everything after that one Mando episode basically did the same thing. If true then that's two bad because that would have really worked for Obi-Wan and it wasn't even one of the better Mando episodes.

That is basically adapting the Kenobi novel then.

Which, they should do.

We're all simply stating opinions here. Speaking for myself, there's no expectation that I'll be changing anyone's mind. I respect your right to be wrong! :D
Well it happens quite a bit so you'll see it again no doubt.

p.s. - Obi-Wan was pretty awesome for the most part. I'm looking forward to his series....
Same here. Can't wait for it. Ewan McGregor owned the part of Obi-wan.

I'm trying to sell my Force Awakens Black Series figures and that fact that they are utterly damn worthless is very very telling for just how the ST was perceived. No interest. No demand. No true staying power. Just ridiculous. Meanwhile, a lot of OT and some PT figures are still selling above retail at times... because there is interest and demand and staying power for those characters.

It amazes me how many figures were released for TFA in all formats, but since it bombed it just continued the downward trend for Star Wars toys to the point of TROS having no 3.75" line and limited 6" stuff. I think Funko is the deepest line for TROS stuff :lol

Someone wants them here, I have 25 total TFA figures and I'll give you a deal on the lot. Not wasting anymore time pricing these things separately.

T

You could probably skip the first 8 if you really wanted to. Unless you were really deeply invested into it before, not sure how much of an impact the first 4 will have on you. Regardless I recommend watching those first 4. You could probably skip the whole Ahsoka/Sisters arc if you want to. I didn't even like that :lol

I like TCW.. Always have. I think when the show is great its better then the best of the PT and much of the ST. Some of the episodes are ruff though.

Season 5 had the 4 episode story of the Younglings and the 4 episode story of the Droids and the frog general... BLAH!!!!!!! If I can sit through those I can make it through anything.

I just finished the first 8. I actually liked 5-8 better then 1-4. But I love Ahsoka more the clone troopers.

I did like HT's nod to it with old Obi-Wan:

902345_press12.jpg

Reminds me, I like the artwork showing the characters' evolution from PT to OT.

hc_JQpathtotruth.jpg

Ewan-McGregor-Old-Obi-Wan.jpg

Wow those likenesses look spot on.

Nope.. It makes no sense why he does it.. He does it twice (maybe three times) and there is never a reason for it.. Its just goofy looking and he never does it in any of the other films..

Otherwise I like me some PT Obi Wan.

I guess it is his En Garde posture

Man that Maul voice actor from TCW is just so freaking horrible so tedious listening to him ramble.

Shame the original Maul voice actor hates Lucas with a passion he was great lol

Nope.. It makes no sense why he does it.. He does it twice (maybe three times) and there is never a reason for it.. Its just goofy looking and he never does it in any of the other films..

Otherwise I like me some PT Obi Wan.

He doesn't do it in TPM and AOTC because he was a partitioner of Ataru. By the time ROTS came around he had mastered Soresu which is why he does it in that film and not the others.

Speaking of the black series, I?m seriously thinking about selling some of mine. I just looked at the prices and HOLY ****.

I have two of those Commander Codys that I got years back at Walgreens. He?s going for major bucks now. Same with the Phase II Revenge of the Sith Clone troopers. I got a couple of those sets from entertainment earth when they were super discounted and now they go for $300?? WTF. I have two of that 40th Anniversary Pilot Luke that I got off of Hasbro for $25 each and now he goes for stupid prices.

It?s nuts.

I like TCW.. Always have. I think when the show is great its better then the best of the PT and much of the ST. Some of the episodes are ruff though.

Season 5 had the 4 episode story of the Younglings and the 4 episode story of the Droids and the frog general... BLAH!!!!!!! If I can sit through those I can make it through anything.

I just finished the first 8. I actually liked 5-8 better then 1-4. But I love Ahsoka more the clone troopers.

Glad you liked them. Yeah, some of the episodes are a pain to get through. Though, there was about R2-D2 being a complete bad ass :lol and I love that one, even if it is meant for kids and a little outlandish :lol

Man that Maul voice actor from TCW is just so freaking horrible so tedious listening to him ramble.

Shame the original Maul voice actor hates Lucas with a passion he was great lol

First complaint I've heard. I think he is amazing. Him and Park are the best Maul duo imo.

Speaking of the black series, I?m seriously thinking about selling some of mine. I just looked at the prices and HOLY ****.

I have two of those Commander Codys that I got years back at Walgreens. He?s going for major bucks now. Same with the Phase II Revenge of the Sith Clone troopers. I got a couple of those sets from entertainment earth when they were super discounted and now they go for $300?? WTF. I have two of that 40th Anniversary Pilot Luke that I got off of Hasbro for $25 each and now he goes for stupid prices.

It?s nuts.

Anything that isn't ST related goes for a good chunk anymore or at the very least you get back what you paid. The original figures from 2013 were all over $100 at one point before they re-released them. ROTS Troopers, some Rebels stuff, some OT figures are all at least going for double.

I'd suggest selling them now while you can. Bound to be re-releases of some of those down the road. I regret not selling earlier.

It?s nuts.

CC will more than likely be the archive for 2021 as he is tops on everyones list for the upcoming poll so hurry up and sell because the new one will blow that old one away.

If you hurry you should be able to get $600 for him lol

He doesn't do it in TPM and AOTC because he was a partitioner of Ataru. By the time ROTS came around he had mastered Soresu which is why he does it in that film and not the others.

Speaking of these lightsaber fighting styles, did these "styles" come to be after the films or before the films?

It is a rather goofy stance though. So what's the rationale behind it?

That duel is one of the best all time in Star Wars. It was more than a duel, but an expression of their characters and the conclusion of the long story between them. Maul tried to do the same hilt bashed move he pulled against Qui-Gon in TPM, but Kenobi knew it was coming and ended it quick. Full circle. Even with his last breaths Maul wanted revenge, all while Kenobi cradled him, with a mix of pity and sadness for Maul, who was never able to move on.

Ashoka and Vader meetup is still amazing and it?s even better with those new TCW episodes.

Also yes darth mauls voice is rather annoying

Back