Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just agreeing with this, overall. And with some comments off Reddit. One of which basically points out however u may feel about TLJ, there was a focus/narrative of sorts; and more importantly, characters are given time to actually TALK to each other in a thoughtful way. Rey and Luke, for example. I don't think TLJ is the worst of the ST; rewatched TROS finally last night and while there are some good moments; for me it gallops across the screen (no pun intended) with run-on scenes, Mcguffins, fake deaths, fake sentiment, and generally wastes the actors who are working hard, but can't save a bad script/narrative/re-hash. Plus a lot of the film is just plain murky; unlike some visually amazing scenes in TFA and TLJ. Dunno how someone like Driver pushed through stuff like "Your parents were trash who sold u etc." "No, scratch that, my bad, ur actually Force royalty" or Hamill put up with all the whiplash of his character. :gah:

So yeah, I'd agree the PT is better than the ST; whatever flaws there might be; it's a cohesive, consistent arc with spectacular imagination. Unlike films done by committee. Also, by ROTS, work had been done to improve narrative etc. Which is what I thought would happen with TROS - yeah, there were some efforts here and there like Rey training; but too little too late and then JJ stuffing as much as he possibly could into the film and all the re-hash. IMO there IS so much good with the ST. But so much got thrown away - the ST are some of the most frustrating films I will ever see, because of what might have been.:(

This right here. Just saw a tumblr post.....of all places where they said the characters had so much potiential in TFA and it was thrown away and crapped on.

Finn. Built up to be the next Jedi and lead the franchise. Might of been the son of Lando, could have had a defining character arc where it shows both sides of the war and how it affects stormtroopers and rebels.

What we got is a simp who chased around a white girl he barely knows and simps out the entire franchise.

Rey. Pretty much the first main female jedi. So much could of been done with this. We could have seen different types of struggles, we could have seen training and the growth of her character. Instead we get an overpowered boring character who has no growth or training, then they say she's strong cause of palpatine. So ****ing stupid.

Poe. I honestly don't know. They seemed like they never knew what to do with him.

Kylo is the best developed but a horrible villian. No one finds a guy who gets his ass kicked multiple times threatening. Could you imagine Vader getting his ass kicked everytime he faced Luke? lol

Even sadder is that they weren't even Han, Luke, and Leia but Dan, Jake, and Mary Poppins

Lol how anyone can like that portrayal of Luke and say Lucas is the one who destroyed the franchise is delusional. PT had stupid moments but Leia flying throw space like some frozen marry poppins was without a doubt the stupidest thing i've seen from a Star Wars.

Lol how anyone can like that portrayal of Luke and say Lucas is the one who destroyed the franchise is delusional. PT had stupid moments but Leia flying throw space like some frozen marry poppins was without a doubt the stupidest thing i've seen from a Star Wars.

This is so eight pages ago.

:lol

A long time I go, I stated in the TLJ thread that I liked the Leia Poppins scene because in the rare instances in Star Wars (or in cinema in particular), they showed correct space physics (in that she survived). :lol

Right, I don?t know what is so confusing about it.

Vader the most well known iconic villain in cinematic history was ruined in the PT.

That didn?t happen with Luke in the ST it just didn?t happen and he certainly acted better than HC that?s for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Right, I don?t know what is so confusing about it.

Vader the most well known iconic villain in cinematic history was ruined in the PT.

That didn?t happen with Luke in the ST it just didn?t happen and he certainly acted better than HC that?s for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What! Luke was destroyed in the ST. Damn your so blind it?s hilarious. That?s the biggest gripe people had. Even hamil.

You ok with green titty drinking Luke? Defeated Luke who runs.

O I forgot. My OT characters are here so I have to force myself to love it. Damn it?s like a cult mentality.

You know deep deep deep within yourself it was trash but your afriad your Disney overlords will burn your HT OT collections before your eyes

What! Luke was destroyed in the ST. Damn your so blind it?s hilarious. That?s the biggest gripe people had. Even hamil.

You ok with green titty drinking Luke? Defeated Luke who runs.

O I forgot. My OT characters are here so I have to force myself to love it. Damn it?s like a cult mentality.

You know deep deep deep within yourself it was trash but your afriad your Disney overlords will burn your HT OT collections before your eyes
bc91c9ae9ebca855a0685334049203e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The PT ruined Vader, Fett, C-3PO, Yoda, etc.

The ST ruined Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, etc.

The only two characters from all three trilogies that are pretty much survived the past 4 decades unchanged is probably Palatine and R2-D2. Though, the sequels definitely cucked R2 in favor of BB-8, which is kind of sad.

Then again, TROS ruins Palpatine by association with Rey, so hell, throw him in the ruined category as well.

The only two characters from all three trilogies that are pretty much survived the past 4 decades unchanged is probably Palatine and R2-D2. Though, the sequels definitely cucked R2 in favor of BB-8, which is kind of sad.

Then again, TROS ruins Palpatine by association with Rey, so hell, throw him in the ruined category as well.

Wilrow Hood remains unscathed:lecture

So at the end of the day . No ones happy. Damn it?s good to be a Star Wars fan

Since I've decided to rewatch the ST, I can't make it past the titles. I just can't. They are so awful. They don't make sense. They don't say anything about the movies. Nonsensical.

The Phantom Menace - There is a Phantom Menace controlling the events in the galaxy (Palpatine)

Attack of the Clones - Clones attack. Clone Wars.

Revenge of the Sith - The Sith get their revenge, wiping out the Jedi and ruling the galaxy

A New Hope - A New Hope for the galaxy is shown

Empire Strikes Back - The Empire strikes back putting rebels on the run, taking Han, and beating Luke

Return of the Jedi - The Jedi return.

Now the ST

The Force Awakens - What the hell is this? Has the Force been sleeping this whole time? How does it awaken? What does it mean? Why isn't it awake? Why can Kylo and Snoke and Palptine use the Force? Why didn't it awake with Luke? Why only Rey?

The Last Jedi - Again, what the hell is this? Leia was a half trained Jedi. Luke is still a Jedi. Rey is a half trained Jedi. We already had "the last Jedi" with Luke come ROTJ! Story goes in circles, doesn't go anywhere.

Rise of Skywalker - WTF is this??? There is no Skywalker to rise! Luke - dead. Leia - dead. Ben - dead. All dead. No Skywalkers rise.

Back