Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be mean or offensive to Leia’s character..but do you think Rey calling her “ Master “ makes sense. I mean Leia didn’t become an actual Jedi right according to Luke’s flashback :dunno

Lol the fact that the two of them won?t stop crying about the PT is telling. It?s funny how they say TROS is so good but keep bashing the PT. It?s all they talk about.

Again they seem hell bent on trying to convince themselves it was good when it wasn?t and now they are looking for holes in TCW. Hilarious. Just admit you secretly hate the ST and move on.

I think I am going to find the original PT threads so peeps can go there and complain about them and then complain about anyone who brings up the ST :)

Its not like there hasn't been praise of TCW by some only to then bash the ST in this thread... Come on... Fair is fair :)

Not to be mean or offensive to Leia’s character..but do you think Rey calling her “ Master “ makes sense. I mean Leia didn’t become an actual Jedi right according to Luke’s flashback :dunno

Did Luke ever really become a Jedi knight.... I mean a few weeks with Yoda and then 6 months off of self training and the "beat Vader" and you are a Jedi? I'm kidding.. Kind of. I think if a young Obi Wan ever cam back and challenged Luke to a Duel.. Luke would not have had a chance :lol

Leia was at the end of her training.. I would say its close enough.. Ahsoka left the Jedi order but if she started training I think we could call her that.. I don't recall if she went through the trials.

Anyone catch what a complete **** Mace was to Ahsoka in TCW.. Called her a Civilian to her face as sort of a putdown..

Freaking Jedi order.. Got what they deserved :lol

Did Luke ever really become a Jedi knight.... I mean a few weeks with Yoda and then 6 months off of self training and the "beat Vader" and you are a Jedi? I'm kidding.. Kind of. I think if a young Obi Wan ever cam back and challenged Luke to a Duel.. Luke would not have had a chance :lol

Leia was at the end of her training.. I would say its close enough.. Ahsoka left the Jedi order but if she started training I think we could call her that.. I don't recall if she went through the trials.

Anyone catch what a complete **** Mace was to Ahsoka in TCW.. Called her a Civilian to her face as sort of a putdown..

Which brings me to the force teleporting objects ..Did Luke know how to do it like Rey or is this some messed up talent that Palapatine possessed and since Rey was the offspring , she was the only one who can do it :dunno

I don’t remember it happening in TCW series, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen the episodes..I might have to go back and watch

In the original JJ cut:

Rey: "Yes Master."

Maz: "Oh she's not a master, she quit her training when she was still a padawan learner. Now I was thinking--"

Leia: "Excuse me milady I'm in charge of security here!"

Also and I don't expect you to agree with me.. But I wish Anakin was handled more like Kylo. Just in an opposite way.. Where we can see he is always drawn to the dark side but he is always resisting. I love that Kylo is the always resisting the light. And I again know you wont like this but I think Kylo comes across as a more heroic bad ass when he takes on the knights of Ren then Anakin ever got too in ROTS. The Count Dooku scene was OK but he never felt like a true bad ass Jedi. Like I said TCW helped win me over to the Anakin character then the films ever did.

That's fair. He does bad ass stuff in the EU, but if you haven't read about it, you wouldn't know. Outside of defeating Dooku in ROTS his full strength isn't shown. I've said before that if I could rewrite the PT I would include a whole Jedi temple scene of Anakin mowing down Jedi Masters/Knights/Padawns/Younglings.

Question about The
Mandalorian... Doesn't that screw with the TCW a little bit.. There are always taking off their helmets in the series.. Or was that a new found religion after the clone wars. I don't recall if anything was stated about that other then they are not allowed to remove their helmets.

To be honest, I don't really know. I don't think it was ever really a rule in the old EU and isn't in the new EU since Jango and Sabine from Rebels both remove theirs. I've always chalked it up to a Clan specific rule, rather than the entire Mando culture rule.

I have no idea how I would feel about TLJ if it was not a SW film.. I did like Looper and Knives out so who knows. :lol

I liked Knives Out as well. Good movie. Rian is best doing his own thing in his own world or with a strong hand guiding him (like Vince Gilligan for Breaking Bad). Utter disgrace to Star Wars though.

I do wish we got to see that Anakin in the movies... Other than the Count Dooku scene, which was ok, we never got to see the Anakin being all that powerful. Even the OT didn't because The force did not mean "super Human" yet.

RO is Anakin / Vader at his best.. I wish ROTS had a scene like that with Anakin in the Jedi temple.

Agreed. See above. RO at least gave us the bad ass Vader moment on the big screen. I'd love to see a full Vader series/movie of him just dropping on a planet and hunting Jedi/rebels.

Or even a live action series/movie from Filoni and the CW team with Hayden returning to play Anakin, but that is a pipe dream :lol

That's fair. Old EU expands upon Luke better than ROTJ does. Ahsoka could kick ROTJ Luke's ass. :lol

I never got the feeling that Vader was really trying in their duel either in ROTJ. Let's be honest, Vader could have choked the life out of Luke at any given moment in that fight.

But that is what makes the OT work in my opinion. Luke is a very strong Jedi, but he does have limited training, but to counter that he is the son of arguably the strongest force user

Yup :lol Complete ****. He got his later.... might have been a little harsh though :lol

Damn it Ducky you didn't answer my question in the reply I had to your other post when you ranked the Mandalorian

I just quoted you here to get your attention.

I actually thought I replied to that already :lol

You do realize Anakin trained her for years.... right? She was trained since birth and was already an advanced youngling to begin with. You really think she just learned everything by herself? Everything Ahsoka does Anakin does better. She even tells Maul that he is lucky that Anakin didn't show up because he'd be dead already :lol

Ashoka is no jedi she is the goddamn Justice League and Avengers rolled up into one lol

:lol :lol

In the original JJ cut:

Rey: "Yes Master."

Maz: "Oh she's not a master, she quit her training when she was still a padawan learner. Now I was thinking--"

Leia: "Excuse me milady I'm in charge of security here!"

Oh man you are too much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still twisted logic that Palapatine had all this phenomenal power ..yet he gets defeated by two lightsabers :slap

This must go in lines of JJ probably thinking ? Look I?ve had enough of this character in the SW universe throughout the whole saga ...it?s time to get rid of him once and for all!..I?m exhausted ? :lol

I can?t help but to go back to this moment

Seeing what happened in TROS ..do people really still think Palapatine was just pretending :lol

Last edited:
I think I am going to find the original PT threads so peeps can go there and complain about them and then complain about anyone who brings up the ST :)

Its not like there hasn't been praise of TCW by some only to then bash the ST in this thread... Come on... Fair is fair :)

Yea maybe you and the other two should go there and tug each other nice and slow while u bash the pt and praise the ST for doing things worse lol

Still twisted logic that Palapatine had all this phenomenal power ..yet he gets defeated by two lightsabers :slap

This must go in lines of JJ probably thinking ? Look I?ve had enough of this character in the SW universe throughout the whole saga ...it?s time to get rid of him once and for all!..I?m exhausted ? :lol

I can?t help but to go back to this moment

Seeing what happened in TROS ..do people really still think Palapatine was just pretending :lol

It?s cause she?s a palpatine and that automatically makes her strong lol

It?s cause she?s a palpatine and that automatically makes her strong lol

The dialogue was confusing as hell. He said if he died he would just takeover her body and be stronger..obliviously that didn’t help him , wonder if he was lying :horror

Oh JJ ..should’ve never brought him back even for the fans...what a clusterf### :slap

So I just finished watching the last 4 episodes of TCW. To be honest I didn't think they were anything special. On the plus side Maul was a badarse, more than Kylo Ren could ever hope to be. Ashoka was way overpowered. Just another Rey.

ROTS is still a damn good film and doesn't need anything else to elevate it.

TROS doesn't provide closure to anything. Anakin did not work with Mace Windu. They were just random voices thrown together.

That's fair. He does bad ass stuff in the EU, but if you haven't read about it, you wouldn't know. Outside of defeating Dooku in ROTS his full strength isn't shown. I've said before that if I could rewrite the PT I would include a whole Jedi temple scene of Anakin mowing down Jedi Masters/Knights/Padawns/Younglings.

I am sure he does. But I don't even recall anything super special TCW. Of course I have only watched all of it one time through but I seem to remember always wishing that Anakin would get a great saber fight or a powerful force moment. Seemed like Ahsoka and Obi Wan always got that. They did make him much more heroic and likable though.

To be honest, I don't really know. I don't think it was ever really a rule in the old EU and isn't in the new EU since Jango and Sabine from Rebels both remove theirs. I've always chalked it up to a Clan specific rule, rather than the entire Mando culture rule.

Must be.. I remember thinking it was weird when they said it on the show but didn't think of it again till I started TCW back up.

I liked Knives Out as well. Good movie. Rian is best doing his own thing in his own world or with a strong hand guiding him (like Vince Gilligan for Breaking Bad). Utter disgrace to Star Wars though.

Not going to argue there.

Agreed. See above. RO at least gave us the bad ass Vader moment on the big screen. I'd love to see a full Vader series/movie of him just dropping on a planet and hunting Jedi/rebels.

That's a dream of mine.. I think RO is all we will ever get though.

Or even a live action series/movie from Filoni and the CW team with Hayden returning to play Anakin, but that is a pipe dream :lol

I would be all for that.. Ok you may not like what I have to say next but this is coming from an honest place.

Anakin is probably my main issue with the PT other then a lot of the acting and dialogue. We get TFM and he is just a boy.. OK we will wait until the next film. We get a cut away from a Tusken Raiders slaughter, killing some bugs, riding a space bull, and getting schooled by Dooku. OK we will just wait until the next film. Surely we will see some epic Anakin in that one... We get a somewhat comedy opening which consisted of scrapping of vulture droids on Obi Wans ship and killing worthless droids. He does get to beat Dooku.. Then the film gets serious but he only he back fights mace, kills younglings, kills unarmed aliens, strangles a girl and gets beat by Obi Wan..

Very frustrating.. Imagine if he had to have a Duel with Mace to protect the Emperor. I don't know if Same Jackson was up for it but maybe they could have done what they did with Christopher Lee and CGI his head on a stunt double. Could have been some great back and forth between him and Mace.. Could have shown an outraged Mace really trying to kill Anakin. That could have also helped his trip to the dark side. Then we see him wreck havoc on the Jedi Temple. Then He goes to M[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]ustafar and cuts his way through a small army of Dorids and unarmed Aliens and then Kills the other [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]Separatists and then maybe beheads Nute Gunray for all the **** he tried with Padme. Then the Duel with Obi Wan comes and it never cuts away to anything else and never goes lava surfing

If ROTS delivered on just some of that... I would have loved it. Sure its my own fan fiction it would have been another half hour longer but it would have been worth it :lol

In all honesty first time viewing I thought it was good. I liked the evilness of killing younglings (though even at the time I had a hard time believing he would go that far) and was fine with strangeling Padme and Killing the [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]Separatists. I do remember being let down by the Saber duel. I know you love it but man I just wnated non stop Obi Wan and Anakin going at it. No cut aways to anything else.. No swingining around or lava Surfing. It could have been more brutal.

As time has gone on I have become more accepting of the 1st hour of the film (due to TCW) but the next hour just does not deliver for me. :(

So yeah I would be all for a TV series about Anakin kicking some ass.. That would go a long way in helping me come to terms with ROTS[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

That's fair. Old EU expands upon Luke better than ROTJ does. Ahsoka could kick ROTJ Luke's ass. :lol

Yep :lol

I never got the feeling that Vader was really trying in their duel either in ROTJ. Let's be honest, Vader could have choked the life out of Luke at any given moment in that fight.

I always figured that Vader was truly conflicted and didn't want to kill his son. I mean he just was not the same Vader in the whole film. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured if he could get Luke to the Dark side they could still kill the Emperor together.

But that is what makes the OT work in my opinion. Luke is a very strong Jedi, but he does have limited training, but to counter that he is the son of arguably the strongest force user

Dude that's Palps ;) :lol

Yup :lol Complete ****. He got his later.... might have been a little harsh though :lol

Yes he did.

I actually thought I replied to that already :lol

Yeah... You usually do reply to my replies to you.. But I didn't see it this time. I was like What the hell :lol

I would be all for that.. Ok you may not like what I have to say next but this is coming from an honest place.

Anakin is probably my main issue with the PT other then a lot of the acting and dialogue. We get TFM and he is just a boy.. OK we will wait until the next film. We get a cut away from a Tusken Raiders slaughter, killing some bugs, riding a space bull, and getting schooled by Dooku. OK we will just wait until the next film. Surely we will see some epic Anakin in that one... We get a somewhat comedy opening which consisted of scrapping of vulture droids on Obi Wans ship and killing worthless droids. He does get to beat Dooku.. Then the film gets serious but he only he back fights mace, kills younglings, kills unarmed aliens, strangles a girl and gets beat by Obi Wan..

Very frustrating.. Imagine if he had to have a Duel with Mace to protect the Emperor. I don't know if Same Jackson was up for it but maybe they could have done what they did with Christopher Lee and CGI his head on a stunt double. Could have been some great back and forth between him and Mace.. Could have shown an outraged Mace really trying to kill Anakin. That could have also helped his trip to the dark side. Then we see him wreck havoc on the Jedi Temple. Then He goes to M[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]ustafar and cuts his way through a small army of Dorids and unarmed Aliens and then Kills the other [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]Separatists and then maybe beheads Nute Gunray for all the **** he tried with Padme. Then the Duel with Obi Wan comes and it never cuts away to anything else and never goes lava surfing

If ROTS delivered on just some of that... I would have loved it. Sure its my own fan fiction it would have been another half hour longer but it would have been worth it :lol

In all honesty first time viewing I thought it was good. I liked the evilness of killing younglings (though even at the time I had a hard time believing he would go that far) and was fine with strangeling Padme and Killing the [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]Separatists. I do remember being let down by the Saber duel. I know you love it but man I just wnated non stop Obi Wan and Anakin going at it. No cut aways to anything else.. No swingining around or lava Surfing. It could have been more brutal.

As time has gone on I have become more accepting of the 1st hour of the film (due to TCW) but the next hour just does not deliver for me. :(

So yeah I would be all for a TV series about Anakin kicking some ass.. That would go a long way in helping me come to terms with ROTS[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Wanting to see more PT Star Wars is something I'll never disagree with :lol

The back and forth with Mace would have been great. Could of had Anakin expressing his feelings "You've never trusted me!" with Mace being a complete ass back to him :lol All while Palpatine is in the corner watching saying good good :lol But yeah, that would have been a battle I would have loved to seen.

I always figured that Vader was truly conflicted and didn't want to kill his son. I mean he just was not the same Vader in the whole film. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured if he could get Luke to the Dark side they could still kill the Emperor together.

I thought that in ESB too. I mean, just see my avatar :lol I've always viewed Vader as conflicted who never accepted who he became, always battling it, from the "what have I done" to lifting Palpatine and killing him once and for all :wink1: :lol

I know some like to view Vader as this complete evil bad ass, but I view him as conflicted suffering bad ass.

Probably my favorite thing from any Star Wars content is the panel below.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wanting to see more PT Star Wars is something I'll never disagree with :lol

The back and forth with Mace would have been great. Could of had Anakin expressing his feelings "You've never trusted me!" with Mace being a complete ass back to him :lol All while Palpatine is in the corner watching saying good good :lol But yeah, that would have been a battle I would have loved to seen.

I thought that in ESB too. I mean, just see my avatar :lol I've always viewed Vader as conflicted who never accepted who he became, always battling it, from the "what have I done" to lifting Palpatine and killing him once and for all :wink1: :lol

I know some like to view Vader as this complete evil bad ass, but I view him as conflicted suffering bad ass.

Probably my favorite thing from any Star Wars content is the panel below.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is an example in your spoiler of another stupid thing that the PT got wrong.. If Anakin built Threepio and R2, why did Vader refer to them as Droids in ANH. You’d think he would remember their names :lecture

Back