Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like buffinator said, we're all just watching a car wreck at this point, and we cant look away... Because more cars just keep coming and crashing into the flaming pile-up that's already there lol
bbcar.gif

I don’t think there’s an abundance of secret love for Ki Adi Mundi so much as people just think that it’s silly that out of all the different species of alien Jedi in The Phantom Menace, the writers of The Acolyte picked the one guy who’s only line in the movie is “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium,” to be the guy who conspires to not tell the Jedi council about a possible Sith.

Now I know he doesn’t come right out and say he thinks it’s a Sith in the episode, he says it could be a splinter faction of Jedi. But even that creates its own internal logic problems, because why would Jedi be in the business of killing other Jedi?

Rebels essentially wiped away Nik Sant and said that was Captain Rex? People seemed genuinely excited that that character was actually Rex. I thought it was weird, because Nik Sant had existed for 20+ years.
Me actually. I was very unhappy about. Hacks like Filoni should not be retconning anything from the OT.

I don’t think there’s an abundance of secret love for Ki Adi Mundi so much as people just think that it’s silly that out of all the different species of alien Jedi in The Phantom Menace, the writers of The Acolyte picked the one guy who’s only line in the movie is “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium,” to be the guy who conspires to not tell the Jedi council about a possible Sith.

Now I know he doesn’t come right out and say he thinks it’s a Sith in the episode, he says it could be a splinter faction of Jedi. But even that creates its own internal logic problems, because why would Jedi be in the business of killing other Jedi?

The dialogue was in the show. The leader said "If we told the Jedi Council, we'd have to tell the Senate, and that would lead to even more problems", so Ki-Adi kept his mouth shut. It's his boss saying "Don't tell anyone" so he follows his boss' orders.

By the time TPM rolls around, it's not like Ki-Adi is going to say "Yeah, we actually saw a Sith 100 years ago, they're not gone" because that would open up a can of worms. Or maybe the Sith from the show kills everyone else so there's no one alive to report their existence, and all Ki-Adi ever hears about it is this one rumor, and he never sees the Sith for himself.

You say they picked the only guy who says the Sith aren't around, I'm guessing the writers picked Ki-Adi for that specific reason, since it adds depth to the character, or dramatic tension, since we know that's not true. Just one more thing to show the Jedi weren't as awesome as they thought they were. It wasn't so much that the Sith were that much better, just that the Jedi were fallible and had weaknesses.

Obi-Wan lied to Luke about his father's killer. Yoda pretended to be someone to test Luke. So, if those two who, were such amazing Jedi, could lie to prove a point ... maybe Ki-Adi had more going on than just sitting there on the Council.

Maybe the Sith resurgence could have been prevented if different decisions were made? If you look at it from the perspective of creating more opportunities to tell stories, I can understand why they did it.

I'm willing to let this play out.

No way did a lightsaber do that much damage. Only a fork or other small eating utensil is that deadly.
Late to the party and catching up on what is seriously my favourite thread on the forum. I still haven’t watched the show, yet I understand references such as this because of how well this steaming pile has been documented by you all here. Thankyou.

I had to look up what that was from and holy, this new acolyte-adjacent diss track just dropped from someone tryin really hard to be the next Rachel Ziegler (she does get a couple things right about context etc but then resorts to the usual insults)

Viewer advisory: the content you are about to watch is extremely cringe and you most assuredly will lose brain cells

At this point, I can't believe we got not one, not two, but three! (is this The Power of Many...?) terrible 'musical' pieces out of this show.... thus far

It's like buffinator said, we're all just watching a car wreck at this point, and we cant look away... Because more cars just keep coming and crashing into the flaming pile-up that's already there lol
LOL our newest Disney Princess could be installed at Tiana's Bayou Adventure in the parks so she could "dance":yuck and do that cat hiss at anyone who is the wrong "type". The kiddies will luv being called a 'cist by an animatronic that jiggles on repeat.:monkey3

It's not often I pity a company but - HASBRO has done some cool stuff. How they ended up making figs for this show?

Obi-Wan lied to Luke about his father's killer. Yoda pretended to be someone to test Luke. So, if those two who, were such amazing Jedi, could lie to prove a point ...

What the, what?
Ben couldn't just blurt out, "Yeah, actually your Dad is Darth Vader." He's clearly uncomfortable (not expecting the question), and reticent to answer, ticking it over in his head, how to "gently" tell "a version of events" that wouldn't shatter Luke.
And as you said, Yoda was testing him because he didn't believe in him. Ben pushed him on Yoda. Yoda tried to tear Luke down before even giving him a chance. That was the whole point, to prove to Ben that he was petulant and impatient.

Either way... the Jedi are arrogant dicks in the PT anyway :ROFLMAO:

What the, what?
Ben couldn't just blurt out, "Yeah, actually your Dad is Darth Vader." He's clearly uncomfortable (not expecting the question), and reticent to answer, ticking it over in his head, how to "gently" tell "a version of events" that wouldn't shatter Luke.
And as you said, Yoda was testing him because he didn't believe in him. Ben pushed him on Yoda. Yoda tried to tear Luke down before even giving him a chance. That was the whole point, to prove to Ben that he was petulant and impatient.

Either way... the Jedi are arrogant dicks in the PT anyway :ROFLMAO:

Ben didn't expect that question?? He had 16 years to come up with a good explanation.

Me actually. I was very unhappy about. Hacks like Filoni should not be retconning anything from the OT.

But he didn't though, he just wrote that Rex was on Endor. The fans then said "It's this bearded guy" and Filoni said "Maybe, maybe not. Believe whatever you want." That was my point, the fans retconned Nik Sant, and there wasn't this war between fans about it. Nobody was making 30-minute long rage videos about it. Or at least it didn't reach a critical mass like this whole Acolyte business has.

Claire Kiechel, the writer of episode 3,responds to questions:

I'm not in any way defending the writing on this show but when the Sith Tooth Fairy force pushed all of the Jedi simultaneously, unlike these two guys I didn't see it as an ability beyond Darth Vader, Palpatine, Yoda, Luke, etc., at the height of their powers. If they can lift X-Wings (Yoda, Luke), rip steel structures off walls and toss them (Vader, Dooku), toss Senate repulsor pods like frisbees (Palpatine), then I'm sure they could have force pushed a handful of unprepared Jedi as well. There's plenty of things to criticize about this show but that's not one that holds up to scrutiny. Of course this assumes the guy's a real Sith master or an apprentice akin to a Vader or Maul.

Maybe Disney needs to take a long pause from Star Wars , after this show, before releasing anything new, before it affects the viewership of Andor or Mandalorian new seasons, like TLJ did with Solo.

Star Wars should be shelved for a few years. But Disney is a mega corp, and like all the others, blinded by greed. They need a constant influx of $$$ and only measure success by growth.

f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

They don't know how to create interest and demand.

Keep fans wanting more, but make them wait to create anticipation and excitement. Like Lucas did, every 3 years. It becomes an event.

But also, todays new generation of "Fans" and the "Modern Audience" are raised with instant gratification. And they have the attention span of a toddler thanks to TikTok and social media... SO they'd forget about Star Wars if there wasn't something new every several months. And that's pushing it.

:lol

Last edited:
Maybe Disney needs to take a long pause from Star Wars , after this show, before releasing anything new, before it affects the viewership of Andor or Mandalorian new seasons, like TLJ did with Solo.
Are we actually getting another season of Mando? I thought it was just a movie on the horizon....

He didn’t. It’s never been officially stated that Nik Sant is now Rex. Nik Sant is still canon.

Rex was on Endor but Nik Sant has not been retconned.

It’s nothing but a fan theory as of now.

I thought we were? I don't even know anymore?
This is supposedly the latest as of 6/14. I'm guessing Mando's last appearances will be in the movies helmed by Favreau and Filoni.

For those keeping track, here's the full lineup of upcoming Star Wars movies and TV shows:

• Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures Season 2 (August 2/August 14, 2024)
  • Star Wars Skeleton Crew TV Series (2024)
  • Star Wars: Andor Season 2 (2025/Possibly 2024)
  • Star Wars: Ahsoka Season 2 (In Development)
  • Jon Favreau's The Mandalorian & Grogu Movie (May 22, 2026)
  • Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie (In Development)
  • James Mangold's Dawn of the Jedi Movie (In Development)
  • Dave Filoni's Mando-Verse New Republic Movie (In Development)
  • Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's New Jedi Order Movie (In Development)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie (Status Unknown)
  • The Mandalorian: Season 4 / The Book of Boba Fett: Season 2 (Status Unknown)
  • Star Wars: Lando Movie (Status Unknown)
  • Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic TV Series (Presumed Canceled)
  • Untitled J.D. Dillard/Matt Owens Movie (Presumed Canceled)
  • Rian Johnson's Star Wars Trilogy (Presumed Canceled)
  • Kevin Feige's Star Wars Movie (Canceled)
  • David Benioff & DB Weiss' Star Wars Movies (Canceled)

Back