Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8taa8f.gif

2005 Revenge of the Sith Palpatine's plan: Convince all that the Jedi are evil ...

2014 Disney's plan: Convince all that the Jedi are evil ..... :lol
8tac36.gif
So, the plan worked then.
Well done Disney.

Last edited:
It was better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett by a large margin at least.

Would not say "a large margin." IMO it was of similar quality. Each had a few likeable elements surrounded by utter trash.

OWK was made unwatchable by Leia.

BoBF tried to ruin my fave SW character. That droid scene was unforgiveable.

Acolyte had a plot that made little sense. Also, if someone does not want to get lightsaber'd its probly a good idea not to turn into mist and have a threatening look on ones face. How was Sol supposed to know what she was thinking?! But.... Thats what the Jedi get for trying to steal children. And thats what they did all over the galaxy: took children they wanted, and if anyone didnt like that it was lightsaber time.

He didn't know.

She got gassy and it startled him.
I think she was going to teleport to Mae, I believe that’s how witches move around

My interpretations of the scene is that he acted out of fear, running into the theme of jedis emotions being impossible to keep in check, as was mentioned earlier, and being a unchecked power.

I actually enjoyed this series and hope for more, it’s a fun and different look at things.

It would be cool if we get a season 3 with a time jump, and get a look into the rise of palpatine, and the fall of the republic from another point of view

Not reading this whole thread.
Someone explain to me why Sol killed their Mother?
What he thought he was achieving there?
And what exactly was the mother doing, trying to achieve in that scene?
You know how sometimes a cop shoots someone by mistake because he thought that person was reaching for a weapon or was a threat? Pretty much the case here.

There was a stand-off between Koril and Torbin. Aniseya was trying to take Mae away to safety by teleporting her away. Sol misread this action as another act of aggression and stabbed her with his lightsaber.

Would not say "a large margin." IMO it was of similar quality. Each had a few likeable elements surrounded by utter trash.

OWK was made unwatchable by Leia.

BoBF tried to ruin my fave SW character. That droid scene was unforgiveable.

Acolyte had a plot that made little sense. Also, if someone does not want to get lightsaber'd its probly a good idea not to turn into mist and have a threatening look on ones face. How was Sol supposed to know what she was thinking?! But.... Thats what the Jedi get for trying to steal children. And thats what they did all over the galaxy: took children they wanted, and if anyone didnt like that it was lightsaber time.
I can’t say I agree.

The only good moment in OWK for me was the one ripped straight out of Rebels that I’d already seen.

For BOBF the only good episodes were the ones that were from an entirely different show and shoved into that one. So I don’t even really count them as being part of that show.

The Acolyte actually had more enjoyable moments than both of them combined honestly.

What about the rumors that Venestra had a lightsaber whip? Was there some promo material that had a whip or something?

Was that a fake leak?

I guess you missed the clip. She used it for 2 seconds to kill a moth...

No joke. :rotfl

Oh, looks like it happened a few episodes ago. I've been trying to catch up on these eps during lunch while working ... so I've been a bit distracted.

I was thinking that scene was going to happen this week. I expected the reveal that that Venestra gave Qimir the scars and he was her apprentice. But it seems like that was still implied? I did catch the scene of her 'force sensing' him. There was that theory that Venestra was the big bad ... though it seems more like she was just the middle manager trying to cover her own behind. More like "Medium Bad." Or I guess, that's what the kids call "mid" these days. Venestra is mid.

I need to watch the ep again. I was on a deadline today, so trying to work, eat lunch, and watch The Acolyte ... all in the name of trying to avoid spoilers, not a good idea. I should've just waited till tonight.

I'm not sure I followed all the 'twin-switching' stuff. I think Mae ended up being the good one, and Osha was the bad one ... if I followed it all correctly. I imagine it was intentional that "The Bad Twin" was wearing the light-colored outfit and "The Good Twin" was in the dark-colored outfit.

I don't understand the "aggressive children taking" part. The Jedi (Sol mostly) thought Mae and Osha were in danger. It was never really made clear whether or not they were in real danger. From the point of view of Osha and Mae, the coven was a loving family.

To the Jedi, it was an evil Force cult. Sol was sincerely acting in what he thought was best for the kids (he thought he was saving them). Indara and the Jedi council were in fact against taking Mae and Osha out of the coven.

Back