Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe jye isn't posting because he's too busy racing with an empty cart to the toy aisle to complete his Acolyte Black Series collection.

no-gotta-go-fast.gif

Doesn't 3 asterisks mean banned?

Edit: I guess not since the profile is still accessible.

This show was 50% bad communication, 50% inexplicable character motivations.

I enjoyed it. But to each their own.

The part that might grate many long time fans the most is that the Jedi are not competent. But a fair argument can be made that they were never actually all that competent. The Holy Trilogy only gave small hints, some bits and pieces, but nothing totally concrete behind the entire long term tragedy. But the Prequel Trilogy really cornered the Jedi lore into a place where it was simply never going to fully recover story wise.

IMHO, it was one of the most enduring questions arising from the Prequel Trilogy - How did the Jedi get snookered so badly by Palpatine? ( I mean you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see the implied threat coming from a thousand miles away)

Here's where Lucas and his ham fisted writing started to draw way too much blood. Instead of creating a complex clever villain in Palpatine/Sidious, where the Jedi Council simply lost a high stakes game of cat and mouse, the only option that George left himself is that the Jedi were just incompetent. Since Yoda, Mace Windu and Obi Wan had to stay in archetype mode because Lucas didn't want to threaten basic fan service, there was nothing left to show how the Jedi Council earned their status in the first place.

The Acolyte is not perfect. Not by a long stretch. But the failures of the Jedi here is actually more in line with what Lucas left behind than what many people might want to actually admit.

View attachment 713820

There was a time when the word "Banned" stopped appearing under a user's name after it was implemented, so Yoda made it so the asterisks would appear instead to make their status clear.
Nothing in any in of his remaining posts from last Thursday were inflammatory. Obviously whatever ticked off a mod could have been deleted but to go from zero to ban when he's had no issues for almost two decades smacks of BS.

Nothing in any in of his remaining posts from last Thursday were inflammatory. Obviously whatever ticked off a mod could have been deleted but to go from zero to ban when he's had no issues for almost two decades smacks of BS.

Whatever contributed towards it would've been deleted.

He will be back. And with greater numbers of weird photoshops.

I guess the pic made a joke of the wrong crowd. Maybe JYE can pm the pic when he returns so we can see what all the fuss was about. This forum is getting censorious compared to other places on the net, it will prob have a detrimental effect on traffic as users move on to better places

I think its just more and more of the 'fragile generation' collecting now and finding offense in the oddest places.

'Tattling' was an offense when I was growing up.

Back