Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Acolyte was mostly about showing how inept the Jedi were as a galactic police force.

There are elements to the failures of the Jedi Order that IMHO line up some of the core themes of the film Child 44. When you have systemic and institutional rot that defies basic common sense. A consistent failure point that I see within Star Wars lore is that George Lucas created the Jedi as quasi fantasy representation of the Samurai culture and code, clearly without actually understanding very much of it.

There are elements to the failures of the Jedi Order that IMHO line up some of the core themes of the film Child 44. When you have systemic and institutional rot that defies basic common sense. A consistent failure point that I see within Star Wars lore is that George Lucas created the Jedi as quasi fantasy representation of the Samurai culture and code, clearly without actually understanding very much of it.

Oh, Child 44 was such a bleak film that I never kept a copy of it.

Star Wars "lore" is currently in transition.

George created the Jedi initially as a simple idea of space wizards. Return of the Jedi established that the Force was gender neutral, since Yoda implied Leia was "another" (the other and otherness are very loaded terms in feminist critical theory).

In the PT he got to develop their history and indicate that as an institution they weren't perfect, and that they comprised both wizards and witches.

Since Disney took the reins the Jedi have been gradually diminished, and shown to be unfit for purpose and sometimes outright corrupt.

The Acolyte depicts an effort to supplant the wizards with witches (from another cult), which supports a narrative that certain elements of Disney have been talking about for years.

It appears that Darth Plagueis, "...a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life…" actually learnt that trick from the opposing cult of strictly female witches.

These are elements central to the plot of The Acolyte. To avoid the real world politics behind them, the elements can nevertheless be referred to in their in-universe political context.

Oh, Child 44 was such a bleak film that I never kept a copy of it.

Star Wars "lore" is currently in transition.

George created the Jedi initially as a simple idea of space wizards. Return of the Jedi established that the Force was gender neutral, since Yoda implied Leia was "another" (the other and otherness are very loaded terms in feminist critical theory).

In the PT he got to develop their history and indicate that as an institution they weren't perfect, and that they comprised both wizards and witches.

Since Disney took the reins the Jedi have been gradually diminished, and shown to be unfit for purpose and sometimes outright corrupt.

The Acolyte depicts an effort to supplant the wizards with witches (from another cult), which supports a narrative that certain elements of Disney have been talking about for years.

It appears that Darth Plagueis, "...a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life…" actually learnt that trick from the opposing cult of strictly female witches.

These are elements central to the plot of The Acolyte. To avoid the real world politics behind them, the elements can nevertheless be referred to in their in-universe political context.
Making him Plaguis the Plagiarist.

Another Lucas era character shafted by Disney after shafting Ki-Adi in the same series.

Only Disney OC's will be allowed to be left untarnished, but not all, since they have a habit of ruining even them.

At this point, the only Disney era content madenso far that enhances and even improves classic Lucas Star Wars are Rogue One and Andor. Those build on what came before while the rest (even Mandalorian) subvert, contradict or downright ruin it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plaguis the Plagiarist? He was said to be so creatively bankrupt that he was willing to copy the homework of some lesbian communist witches in order to create life, but he did such a poor job that he botched it and brought about the toxic Skywalker who almost destroyed the Sith (but was too incompetent to actually do it) before the Chosen One, Rey the Pure Skywalker, destroyed the Sith.

You won't find that in the Jedi texts as they are super corrupt and engage in coverups all the time. You should follow my blog TheSithDidNothingWrong to find the real truth.

Palpatines Ghost. Probably

The Jedi always had their shortcomings (at least in the extended lore). The Sith basically came from them.

There was nothing in the Acolyte that states that though. It could also be the other way around (Darth Plagueis could have taught the witches that). The true origins of the two girls were not yet revealed.

There was nothing in the Acolyte that states that though. It could also be the other way around (Darth Plagueis could have taught the witches that). The true origins of the two girls were not yet revealed.

It crossed my mind, but logic would dictate otherwise. It would go against the current grain.

We can trace the pattern, or the thread, from The Force Awakens onwards.

It was never confirmed that Plagueis created Anakin. Even in Legends Plagueis assumed that the Force itself created Anakin in response to their experiments.

And who’s to say the witches weren’t having their strings pulled by him all along.

It was never confirmed that Plagueis created Anakin. Even in Legends Plagueis assumed that the Force itself created Anakin in response to their experiments.

And who’s to say the witches weren’t having their strings pulled by him all along.
IIRC a comic implied Palpatine (Plaguis' student) pulled the strings (I mean the thread) and brought about Anakin (though stopped short of outright stating it) making him essentially Anakins father, which is fitting given that he was the father figure to Anakin. Would also be a way for Disney to claim that Rey Palpatine was actually a Skywalker all the while explaining why Plaguis didn't know how Anakin came about.

IIRC a comic implied Palpatine (Plaguis' student) pulled the strings (I mean the thread) and brought about Anakin (though stopped short of outright stating it) making him essentially Anakins father, which is fitting given that he was the father figure to Anakin. Would also be a way for Disney to claim that Rey Palpatine was actually a Skywalker all the while explaining why Plaguis didn't know how Anakin came about.
This is what Wookieepedia has, but who knows, the EU was a mess. I guess we'll find out if this ever actually gets a Season 2.

1721298966008.png

At the moment canon is defined by the whim of whoever wrote the latest series.

I doubt there's a single voice at Disney Lucasfilm, so with each series there's the chance for things to be undone and rewritten so long as they stand up to the Empress.

Just as Lucas himself never had a single internal voice or vision, and was making it up as he went. (Unless he always intended a Luke and Leia incest plot - which I wouldn't put past him having read the Raiders of the Lost Ark story conference transcript!)

Canon for me begins with Andor and currently ends with the series that run to around 12 ABY. Everything prior and after is open to acceptance or dismissal.

Last edited:
At the moment canon is defined by the whim of whoever wrote the latest series.

I doubt there's a single voice at Disney Lucasfilm, so with each series there's the chance for things to be undone and rewritten so long as they stand up to the Empress.

Just as Lucas himself never had a single internal voice or vision, and was making it up as he went. (Unless he always intended a Luke and Leia incest plot - which I wouldn't put past him having read the Raiders of the Lost Ark story conference transcript!)

Canon for me begins with Rogue One and currently ends with the series that run to around 12 ABY. Everything prior and after is open to acceptance or dismissal.
Let me correct that: canon starts from Andor s1 and ends at ROTJ.

They posted that due to the uproar at the time. Storygroup wants it vague so folk can decide for themselves (until it gets confirmed one way or the other in more important media)

(Plus Charles doesn't outright debunk, just states unreliable narrator, in order to leave things open either way)

Their intention was to imply but not confirm as that is for the story group to decide later

Let me correct that: canon starts from Andor s1 and ends at ROTJ.

I was just coming back to edit Rogue One to Andor, but I wanted to encompass The Mandalorian.

Even in The Mandalorian era there are parts I'd rather dismiss, such as most of TBOBF!

I like Solo, but it can't enter canon based on the single line giving him the name, "Solo". I'll take the old EU over that.

I was just coming back to edit Rogue One to Andor, but I wanted to encompass The Mandalorian.

Even in The Mandalorian era there are parts I'd rather dismiss, such as most of TBOBF!
Mandalorian as a whole I reject due to portion of it that is nonsense (even early on the tracking fobs broke the universe with their ability to track anyone without a tracker placed on them) creating retroactive plot holes. Plus all the cringe parts and filler.

Still, if one were to edit each season into a coherant tightly paced movie that removes the cringe (Blue SNL alien dude, Pelli Motto etc) the filler (rando sidequests etc) and the stupid (tracking fobs for everyone except Grogu, remote control of ships etc) then you could end up with two great canon worthy movies and one not so great one (Mando s3 and BOBF have enough material to make a third movie but it wouldn't be great. If you are really good with editing it would at least be ok).

Basically I would accept Mandalorian as canon if edited down. Dunno if that is possible with Ahsoka as so much of the stupid is key to the plot. Same with Kenobi. I don't think either can be saved with editing.

Edit again: I will also consider Solo too. It is heavily flawed but just about gets a pass. It could be improved with some small edits and some AI deepfaking young Harrison onto whatshisnames face.

Last edited:
Mandalorian as a whole I reject due to portion of it that is nonsense (even early on the tracking fobs broke the universe with their ability to track anyone without a tracker placed on them) creating retroactive plot holes. Plus all the cringe parts and filler.

Still, if one were to edit each season into a coherant tightly paced movie that removes the cringe (Blue SNL alien dude, Pelli Motto etc) the filler (rando sidequests etc) and the stupid (tracking fobs for everyone except Grogu, remote control of ships etc) then you could end up with two great canon worthy movies and one not so great one (Mando s3 and BOBF have enough material to make a third movie but it wouldn't be great. If you are really good with editing it would at least be ok).

Basically I would accept Mandalorian as canon if edited down. Dunno if that is possible with Ahsoka as so much of the stupid is key to the plot. Same with Kenobi. I don't think either can be saved with editing.

Edit again: I will also consider Solo too. It is heavily flawed but just about gets a pass. It could be improved with some small edits and some AI deepfaking young Harrison onto whatshisnames face.

Ah, yes, the fobs and the blue alien.

Both in the opening scene of the pilot, but the kind of action beginning at 1:55 sold me on the series (until I lost interest in season 3):

Ah, yes, the fobs and the blue alien.

Both in the opening scene of the pilot, but the kind of action beginning at 1:55 sold me on the series (until I lost interest in season 3):

Opening scene could be saved with edit. Remove opening tracking fob shot but include mando entry etc but cut so Blue SNL guy doesnt speak, just show his expression as he knows he is caught then hard cut to carbonite block of him frozen as Mando collects bounty. Done.

Opening scene could be saved with edit. Remove opening tracking fob shot but include mando entry etc but cut so Blue SNL guy doesnt speak, just show his expression as he knows he is caught then hard cut to carbonite block of him frozen as Mando collects bounty. Done.

Imagine how much editing would be needed to save The Acolyte?

In fact, thinking about it, no editing would be required at all.

Just delete the whole thing.

:monkey3

Back