Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, yeah. Minding my own business and letting other cultures do their own thing is so intolerant.

Yet you're from the United Kingdom, and that's a different culture to The United States?

So you don't mind making it your business when spoken English is the common ground, is that what you're saying?

You're a shining beacon of the DEI ethos and making it very clear to me now how I need to change way ignorant, closed minded ways.

Thanks!

What happened to the the Creative process? It is gone and non existent.
From Disney yes it is dead and buried but thankfully there are still creators/studios who want to tell entertaining stories and don't hate their core audience. Furiosa, Godzilla Minus One, John Wick, Maverick, etc. Thank God we got RO/Mando and that the MCU lasted until Endgame before the insanity took over completely.

Yet you're from the United Kingdom, and that's a different culture to The United States?

So you don't mind making it your business when spoken English is the common ground, is that what you're saying?

You're a shining beacon of the DEI ethos and making it very clear to me now how I need to change way ignorant, closed minded ways. Thanks!
We're talking about western culture and how inclusive it's trying to be. You're trying to straw man me into another discussion about asia, which is a different discussion that I don't care about at this time. Stick to the point, then I might care more.

Watch any of the youtube influencers that were at the Acolyte round table with Lucasfilm they all mentioned that…

Here want proof here is just one example…

Go to 15:15 mark

Enjoy lol

I watched it. Honestly it sounds pretty innocuous to me, she had a mental image of her main character as a black woman and also really liked Squid Game and wrote a role for the lead of that show, etc. i guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

So is the inverse true? Does more white people in the cast equal more optimism from us fans?

Do we not see how terrible that sounds?
Blade 1 is one of my favorite comic book movies I could give a crap if the main character is black the movie is freaking awesome because the story came first.

Blade was and remains a bad ass to this day.

The genesis of that project came from a love of the character and it shows 100% on screen and not from some mandate that a certain % of diversity driven drivel was the initial foundation for the project.

From Disney yes it is dead and buried but thankfully there are still creators/studios who want to tell entertaining stories and don't hate their core audience. Furiosa, Godzilla Minus One, John Wick, Maverick, etc. Thank God we got RO/Mando and that the MCU lasted until Endgame before the insanity took over completely.
Please define “core audience”.

MCU has been pretty bad ever since the final battle in “Black Panther”, I dont know where this idea that it suddenly died after the mediocrity of Endgame comes from. Maybe if you are only speaking in box office.

Just another confusion on my part.

I watched it. Honestly it sounds pretty innocuous to me, she had a mental image of her main character as a black woman and also really liked Squid Game and wrote a role for the lead of that show, etc. i guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
So that's where that guy comes from!

I liked squid game too. Great show. It's a Korean show too. Creative, new and refreshing. But never did I think "Damn, the actor doing a great job playing the winey/sniveling lead character would make a great Jedi Master in a Star Wars show"... :slap Hopefully he's a good diverse actor, and not a character actor.

Blade 1 is one of my favorite comic book movies I could give a crap if the main character is black the movie is freaking awesome because the story came first.

The genesis of that project came from a love of the character and it shows 100% on screen and not from some mandate that a certain % of diversity driven drivel was the initial foundation for the project.
I agree. Blade rules. But we’re not talking about a movie we saw when we were 26 years younger.

It is being explained to me how certain members of this forum interpret diverse casts with an unfortunate correlation to story quality. I am merely asking, does this go the other way?

If a new project were announced that cast more white people, would we feel better about it?

I get what you are saying, but it's disingenuous to not recognize that time today are at different. There were absolutly calls against Blade and a Black male lead back then, the issue now is the amplification of those voices, prior to any real ability to judge anything.

"Pre Hate" if you will, mostly just due to outrage and no real facts.

It's cloud the ability to make a real judgement based on reality. Furiosa , prime example,

I agree. Blade rules. But we’re not talking about a movie we saw when we were 26 years younger.

It is being explained to me how certain members of this forum interpret diverse casts with an unfortunate correlation to story quality. I am merely asking, does this go the other way?

If a new project were announced that cast more white people, would we feel better about it?
Some would, that's the point, they would automatically give it a chance.....that they deny with a more diverse cast, but they cannot see that in themselves.

As a half christian arab half catholic portugese brasilian born in the Amazon..yes that Amazon lol…I better get some representation in the next Star Wars movie…

1717342213285.gif

We're talking about western culture and how inclusive it's trying to be. You're trying to straw man me into another discussion about asia, which is a different discussion that I don't care about at this time. Stick to the point, then I might care more.

Pulling out the old "straw man" playbook.

"Stick to the point" - DEI should never take priority over quality writing and filmmaking.

Every job in every industry should never be driven by DEI as it's main priority - it should always be the right person for the right job, regardless of their gender, race, or beliefs. Simple.

And if you think that is wrong, then clearly I'm just a label that you so freely love to slap on people.

But when you next have a health crisis, make sure you prioritize DEI.

I already explained that white Jack Black sucked in Mando and that KING WHITE MAN Lucas created the abomination known as the SE.

I don’t care about color I care about proper world building.

But Lucasfilm only cares about color and sexual preferences first before story.

As a half christian arab half catholic portugese brasilian born in the Amazon..yes that Amazon lol…I better get some representation in the next Star Wars movie…

View attachment 705679
I mean , why not?

"Stick to the point" - DEI should never take priority over quality writing and filmmaking.

Every job in every industry should never be driven by DEI as it's main priority - it should always be the right person for the right job, regardless of their gender, race, or beliefs. Simple.

And if you think that is wrong, then clearly I'm just a label that you so freely love to slap on people.

I have no ideas what DEI is, but the assumption that the people cast were NOT already the best for the job , over a white male, speaks volumes to a persons frame of reference.......

Pulling out the old 'whataboutism' playbook instead of sticking to the subject. Then trying to say I'm using it to deflect. Nice gaslighting.

Back