Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Immortan Joe's assessment of the series so far...

It doesn't even have the silly humour of TBOBF or OWK to make coming into this thread fun.

It's also hard to address The Acolyte while ignoring the fact that its creators have been so overt about the reasons why they created it. It's akin to critiquing a novel while completely disregarding the author's intention.

Ignore the outside influences and what's left so far, with two episodes down, is a very flat and uninspired version of Star Wars.
At the same time co-opting other stories' dynamics. I won't be surprised if a twin has to off another twin e.g. Anakin/Obi. Dathomir witches without the pointy heads. Shading the Jedi e.g. from Ahsoka and all the mechanics:monkey3

Why couldn't they have had HAPPY twins, living a middle class life under the benevolent Jedi, their parents make all the booze everyone seems to drink all the time in all those bars, maybe there was a Jedi watching them and debating whether they might be candidates for training, life is good; then there's an attack of Mandalorians and one of the twins is taken. Then you'd have a clash of ideologies, an excuse for a female to be weapons trained, etc. Proto-Sith blame the Jedi for being too nice and letting the city burn. There could be much slaughter.😁

Nah, Hayden is a good Anakin (as shown in (Ahsoka) but George’s direction of the character held him amongst others back.
Yes, Lucas was the single biggest part of the problem, hence the above mention of the abyssmally bad script and the bastardization of Vader's character. It's all there on the pages. It's perfectly fine to wear childhood nostalgia with pride, but the recurring attempts (from some "younger ones"), to try and defend the PT from a more objective movie making standpoint will always fail. Maybe Hayden has finally come to better understand the Anakin/Vader character, after a couple of decades pondering what went wrong on the first try. If so, then good for him...

ta.jpg

ta2.jpg

Schitt's creek burn 1.gif

Even Dafne Keen, who showed her worth as X23, Lyra and Ana, comes across lacklustre, as though she doesn't really want to be there.
I just listened to an interview with her and she’s a huge SW fan so that’s a bit weird

First episode was fine. Nothing to write home about but certainly nowhere as terrible as it’s being made out to be imo.

Squid Game guy is good, I like him.

Give it a 7 so far.
I thought you said nothing was inbetween lol

Man do I really miss Marcia Lucas and her fun, snappy dialogue.
Wait. What. Marcia Lucas didn’t write dialogue did she? She was an amazing editor. Wasn’t the dialogue mostly by Lucas, Huyuck/Katz and Kasdan in the OT?

Yep. Bad visual to help make your point. Seems like it feeds into the other side's narrative.

The problem I have with a lot of these kinds of Youtubers is that they lump a whole section of the audience into the anti-Disney Star Wars camp.

For me it's a case by case basis. I like Solo, Rogue One, Mandalorian and Ahsoka. I actually thought Ahsoka was a high point for the most part, yet it directly precedes The Acolyte.

So when we get this...

ng.jpg

...leading to this...

ng2.jpg

The drama doesn't ring true for me.

The Acolyte is a blip.

If it's hitting Disney in the pocket then things ought to return to a semblance of sanity.

aa780c10-24ee-4443-983f-dcae8fba4ff2_text.gif

Can I get a warning if I'm on thin ice? :lol
Moderators can issue warnings. They display on your user profile, so you can determine your relative danger level.

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF
This reminds me of my son when he was 8 years old. We'd been living in England the previous 3 years where he had his first school experience. After we returned to the U.S. we enrolled him in public school. After his first day my wife asked him how he liked his new school and he proclaimed "I LOVE it! I get 4 warnings for bad behavior before they call you about me." That's my boy - always pushing the envelope! :lol

Back