Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me that if things stay civil then just let the discussions run their course (which they tend to do quickly enough on their own), if they delve into personal attacks then take action.

I think it’s more complicated than that. People who want to discuss the show and not politics aren’t going to spend a lot of time redirecting the conversation. They are going to click that little x and carry on. This means what’s left are people want to discuss those elements creating a skewed perspective on what people actually want to discuss.

We are a community and we need to seek a balance. I also think that you can't stop the will of a community. If there is something it WANTS to do, then it will happen. Community is a powerful thing.

So, right now we are looking for solutions that allow those who wish to discuss the political elements of these shows and those that don't. I think the best way of doing that is going to be creating a thread outside of the major forums that allows that to happen. I have no objection to respectful discussion of most any topic.

I think that would be a reasonable compromise for everyone. The mods and I are hammering out the details so that everyone will be informed, and on the same page when we do it.

All these companies are dumb. Especially when they are big public corporations with executives and board members who prioritize growth and profits "for the investors & shareholders" instead of the product itself. That was NEVER what Walt Disney originally did. His goal was to make enough money in order to to be able to fund the next project. And quality was ALWAYS put first. Great documentary on the History Chanel right now about Disney.

For Headland to already be speaking out about s2 when only 2 episodes have aired, with rather strong backlash I might add, in it's initial first week is ludicrous. The only reason would be to poke and spur even more anger/hatred. These people are literally :cuckoo:. Poking the bear is fun, until it's not anymore (with the dumb trend now of asking women would they rather be trapped in the forest and feel safer with a bear or a man. That would make a great reality show. Please, someone make it happen!!). And instead of retreating, regrouping, or remaining silent, they continue to scream and charge forward. So talking about the negativity becomes a louder conversation than the show itself... These are now the results of the shift/change in upbringing. The everyone gets a trophy generation..

Can't wait to hear about the next SW D+ show.. The Skeleton Crew. :lol

Star Wars is no more political now than it was in 1977. The difference is now that Star Wars is being handled by multiple creatives rather than just one and not everything is going to align with everyones views.

There's no denying that politics has been an element in Star Wars from its inception.

In 2018 Lucas admitted to James Cameron that Star Wars was an anti-Vietnam War allegory, with a plucky band of rebels ("Viet Cong") fighting an evil empire ("America").

Politics and science-fiction (or science-fantasy in the case of Star Wars) go hand in hand, as a medium to express views indirectly.

The difference today is that those views are being expressed very directly behind the scenes, if not actually on screen itself. There's nothing subtle about it any more.

So you walk a tightrope when trying to discuss such a series within the confines of the forum rules, or split the discussion into two threads, which could be just as difficult when attempting to disentangle one aspect from the other.

If the reviewers are speaking the truth about the third episode, then it will be impossible to discuss the main theme of it within the current thread.

There's no denying that politics has been an element in Star Wars from its inception.

In 2018 Lucas admitted to James Cameron that Star Wars was an anti-Vietnam War allegory, with a plucky band of rebels ("Viet Cong") fighting an evil empire ("America").

Politics and science-fiction (or science-fantasy in the case of Star Wars) go hand in hand, as a medium to express views indirectly.

The difference today is that those views are being expressed very directly behind the scenes, if not actually on screen itself. There's nothing subtle about it any more.

So you walk a tightrope when trying to discuss such a series within the confines of the forum rules, or split the discussion into two threads, which could be just as difficult when attempting to disentangle one aspect from the other.

If the reviewers are speaking the truth about the third episode, then it will be impossible to discuss the main theme of it within the current thread.

Yeah there’s a big difference between an allegory about a war and what we’re experiencing now, which is identity politics (or more specifically intersectionality, which many people disagree with).

For Headland to already be speaking out about s2 when only 2 episodes have aired, with rather strong backlash I might add, in it's initial first week is ludicrous.

Disney's been doing that for many years -- whenever they are concerned a product is getting bad press, they instantly shout "a sequel is being made" as if to convince people 'if its good enough for a sequel, then it must be good'. It's basically their way of doubling down.

As if there are so many great sequels being made.

Disney's been doing that for many years -- whenever they are concerned a product is getting bad press, they instantly shout "a sequel is being made" as if to convince people 'if its good enough for a sequel, then it must be good'. It's basically their way of doubling down.

As if there are so many great sequels being made.
Hell not even the amazing Furiosa is getting one.

Acolyte supposedly is a hit for D+.

Hey even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Last edited:
I must’ve missed the interview from the wrap but the entire conversation with the actress and leslie was about sexual preferences and nothing about the lore.

Leslie said it’s obvious that C3PO is gay and then said it’s canon that R2D2 is a lesbian?

Hunh?

Has Anthony Daniels ever talked about HIS, not C3PO, sexuality I honestly don’t remember.

Actress then said SW is already gay in her opinion.

Ooomph what did I just watch lol

TROS is looking better and better lol

Last edited:
I must’ve missed the interview from the wrap but the entire conversation with the actress and leslie was about sexual preferences and nothing about the lore.

Leslie said it’s obvious that C3PO is gay and then said it’s canon that R2D2 is a lesbian?

Hunh?

Has Anthony Daniels ever talked about HIS, not C3PO, sexuality I honestly don’t remember.

Actress then said SW is already gay in her opinion.

Ooomph what did I just watch lol

TROS is looking better and better lol

I tracked it down, and from my POV, it appears they are being very tongue-in-cheek, and riffing off the interviewer starting off the conversation by asking them to respond to the claim that this show is the 'gayest Star Wars ever"

Is this the problem that we're having? People are taking seriously the things that are said jokingly?

https://x.com/TheWrap/status/1798118535987876159

I tracked it down, and from my POV, it appears they are being very tongue-in-cheek, and riffing off the interviewer starting off the conversation by asking them to respond to the claim that this show is the 'gayest Star Wars ever"

Is this the problem that we're having? People are taking seriously the things that are said jokingly?

https://x.com/TheWrap/status/1798118535987876159
My question is why is it even coming up?

Why is the love life of the creator AND actress even coming up and not the story of the series?

Can you please point to me just one other movie or TV series press junket where the creators sexuality or love life is being brought up or it being the main topic of conversation instead of the story.

Hell i’ll even go one further a reporter for the Netflix Atlas press junket asked JLo about her personal love life instead of the story and the media made it a point to show the reporter as being evil and being belittled in front of everyone by Simu Liu and JLO!

Last edited:
One of my sisters is gay. I love my sister she’s always been there for me when I needed support of any kind I could never repay her in this lifetime.

I’m not happy with the direction KK took SW especially with the high republic blame her customers project of hers.

How dare that a-hole interviewer say that because I am a geek that dislikes KK’s game plan I must therefore hate gays.

He’s a 2 legged jack ***!

I got news for that fool my sister that I just mentioned well she’s also a hardcore SW geek she went with me to see ANH in 77 and she said this show sucks so he can go kick rocks!

I wish my wife would go bi with her good looking girl friends but no such luck lol

Last edited:
My question is why is it even coming up?

Why is the love life of the creator even coming up?

Can you please point to me just one other movie or TV series press junket where the creators sexuality or love life is being brought up or it being the main topic of conversation instead of the story.

Hell i’ll even go one further a reporter for the Netflix Atlas press junket asked JLo about her personal love life and the media made it a point to show the reporter as being evil and being belittled in front of everyone by Simu Liu and JLO!

DOCTOR WHO. Russell T Davies. It comes up a lot.

(and now a Disney property....) :monkey1

Well, the interviewer is clearly gay. So it's a gay safe space. So no one is uncomfortable and suffering from the straight male gaze. It's like they are all just having a friendly chat.

I guess they forgot it was a press junket/professional media promotional interview.... :lol

That's the problem with language. "Its just jokes" can be a bit of a cop out and a way of downplaying speech that sails very close to the edge of being hateful, or at the very least disrespectful.

'Alphabet people' has been used several times and is still on here and while hardly the N word, it's clearly got its feet firmly planted in the 'I have no respect for that whole community'camp.

Back