Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Oh man.... I'm already getting way too excited. I'm setting myself up for such a massive ****ing letdown.

Once I started to realise I might actually like seeing the original cast back despite their advancing years my excitement has also been on the up. New Star Wars films with the classic characters...played by the same people...****ing Chewbacca, the Millenium Falcon.....dayum. Unbelievable.

Yes Cant Fu***** wait, Old Space cowboy Handy Solo with Chewy in the old Falcon, Grand master Luke Skywalker as a warrior bad-ass.

Mark needs to go on a strict fitness programme though he must know this?

when i first heard that Liam Neeson was playing a Jedi Master in the first Star Wars prequel, i was thrilled. i imagined his character seeing the potential in a teenage Anakin but also the threat. he would refuse to train him. his young naive apprentice, Obi Wan, so impressed with Anakin's talent would take it upon himself to secretly mentor him… Darth Vader would be Obi Wan's failure… Luke would become his New Hope… and he would do it right the second time by have a master train him.

Great! Although it radically alters Qui-Gon's character as we know it and I really like his maverick attitude.

I've toyed with different scenarios of what I would do differently. I think sending a third Jedi out with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon would have been best. Obi-Wan is a Knight, Qui-Gon a Master, and the third new face Qui-Gon's Padawan. This fixes the whole Qui-Gon/Yoda being Obi-Wan's Master contradiction.

The council doesn't see eye to eye with Qui-Gon on some things and send in Obi-Wan to oversee the negotiations. They eventually discover Anakin and all three Jedi recognize his talent and skill and wish him to become a Jedi. Qui-Gon informs the council but they turn him down because he already has an apprentice. Obi-Wan then steps forward because to ask permission. He does this because he sees Qui-Gon's attitude rubbing off on his apprentice and he doesn't want Anakin to grow up with those same characteristics. This makes Obi-Wan genuinely hope to train Anakin as well as Yoda and because he's friends with Anakin immediately, not because of some misplaced loyalty to Qui-Gon despite his misgivings.

The movie ends with Qui-Gon's apprentice and Anakin leading the charge against the villains in star fighters. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon take on Maul much in the same way except after Qui-Gon speaks his last, he disappears. This sets the stage for another Jedi to be featured heavily in sequels to be an actual character we might have grown to know and love. Anakin of course would cut her down in RotS as Darth Vader along with all the other Jedi.

Sounds like fanfiction rubbish but then again, that's how the prequels feel at times. I just finished "Heir to the Empire" last night. Can't wait to read the next two again. It was much better as an adult than I remember it as a 10 year old! I hope these new ones are half as good as the Thrawn Trilogy.

Qui Gon's insistency that Obi Wan train Anakin promoted the fall of the Jedi Order and the Republic. his maverick attitude may have brought balance to the force in the long run, but it was at the cost of everything. as it stands, both Qui Gon and Obi Wan failed the galaxy. i think it would have had more impact on the OT if it was Obi Wan's rookie move alone.

I just hope that some kind of lone starfighter shoots down some kind of massive battle station.

We've never seen that before. :mad:

Just show us something new, eh? :dunno

Maybe a lone son redeeming his father's wicked ways? :lsvader

____

btw they have to continue that line for sure !!!

Categorize this as "Things that make you go hmm..."

When Marvel Studios and Jon Faverau had their falling out Disney swept in to offer an olive branch to keep Faverau in their good graces. He was soon announced as attached to two projects - 'Cowboys and Aliens' and a Jumanji styled film based on Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom has disappeared from Faverau's IMDB list. His upcoming directing projects are listed as "Jersey Boys" and a tv movie "Secret Cabinet". Both are listed as 'pre-production' which means they could be years from shooting.

So did Disney ax the "Magic Kingdom" film to put Jon Faverau in the director's seat for Episode VII?

If they do bring back the original cast I would think it's a good bet that they'll have the Solo kids, since it makes sense for Leia and Han to be that age and have kids, plus I think it would be a problem if all the main characters are over 50

Agree, It makes sense there will be at least one set of younger adult actors. They could cast mid-20's and it would be plausible.

Amanda Seyfried for Jaina?

no it all looks right now that its going to be Michael Arndt and I feel good with it .. I think...

Michael Arndt is a screenwriter who wrote the first drafts. Director hasn't been named.

Agree, It makes sense there will be at least one set of younger adult actors. They could cast mid-20's and it would be plausible.

Amanda Seyfried for Jaina?

Yeah, at the age that Carrie Fisher is, this would be taking place between the New Jedi Order series and the Legacy of the Force series, so Jaina and Jacen would be in their twenties.

Michael Arndt is a screenwriter who wrote the first drafts. Director hasn't been named.

upsi you are right...

btw Spielberg is out already..

Michael Arndt wrote a treatment for Ep 7 and an overall treatment for the whole trilogy. If he's to write the script for Ep 7 then he say's he doesn't think he'll know until the end of the year and start writing proper in the new year.

Back