Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@!#%! So that's what happened to my letter!! :gah: :lol

No. Sir Alec Guinness, a man of inestimable class, took your letter, slid it between his buttcheeks and ripped a loud, juicy one before throwing it out. ;)

The man's been dead for 15 years, so it really doesn't matter. While I salute him for his honesty, I chide him for taking the money while doing so.

No. Sir Alec Guinness, a man of inestimable class, took your letter, slid it between his buttcheeks and ripped a loud, juicy one before throwing it out. ;)

The man's been dead for 15 years, so it really doesn't matter. While I salute him for his honesty, I chide him for taking the money while doing so.

Half the movies that all actors are in are quick cash grabs. Guinness is far from the only person.
And Guinness has a point, much Lucas' own dialogue in the Star Wars films is atrocious.

Half the movies that all actors are in are quick cash grabs. Guinness is far from the only person.
And Guinness has a point, much Lucas' own dialogue in the Star Wars films is atrocious.

Well, he ain't the only one. Ford's taken shots at Lucas's dialogue as well. I don't know if they were playful little jabs or if there was some malice in his comments.

Guinness could and should have been more diplomatic. It's unseemly, like that dopey kid from Two and a Half Men who blasted that crappy show while drawing a very nice paycheck.

Well, he ain't the only one. Ford's taken shots at Lucas's dialogue as well. I don't know if they were playful little jabs or if there was some malice in his comments.

Guinness could and should have been more diplomatic. It's unseemly, like that dopey kid from Two and a Half Men who blasted that crappy show while drawing a very nice paycheck.

Guinness had an established legacy with the Ealing comedies, an Oscar for Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. He pretty much had the clout to be less than diplomatic.

Guinness had an established legacy with the Ealing comedies, an Oscar for Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. He pretty much had the clout to be less than diplomatic.

Without Star Wars, Guinness would have lived comfortably. Star Wars allowed him to live lavishly. Talk about biting the hand that feeds. :slap

Lucas needed Guinness more than Guinness needed Lucas. Everyone else in the film was a nobody with the exception of Peter Cushing who was a cult figure at best.

I don't know about that. Guinness and Cushing lent an air of gravitas and professionalism to the proceedings (they also delivered excellent performances) but they didn't make Star Wars Star Wars.

And to tear apart a movie franchise and phenomenon that made you far richer than you ordinarily would have been? That's so disagreeable. That's so gauche.

You don't have to lie and laud something that you don't respect. Just show a little tact. And class.

Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."[22] [23]

Boy if he could see modern fans.:rotfl

Alec is from a different time. And i actually agree with him on most of his stances.

Just show a little tact. And class.

Yes, by all means, let us hear a kid named "YankeesFanboy" who's obsessed with climbing into wombs deliver a lecture on how Sir Alec Guiness lacked class.

stephen_laughs.gif

britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif.html

tumblr_m8mhfjB4WZ1qdpf67.gif.html

That's so disagreeable. That's so gauche.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

___

And to tear apart a movie franchise and phenomenon that made you far richer than you ordinarily would have been? That's so disagreeable. That's so gauche.

He was entitled to his opinion, but bottom line, he signed up for it.

It might have been seeing the later fan reaction that tore it for him. Like William Shatner he was probably saying, "Get a life!"

I get your point, Yankees, but no way. Guiness was 100% class whether he's ripping on Star Wars or not. If anything I respect the fact that he was honest. It's not his job to make sure Lucas or fanboys feel good about the franchise or their love of it. He'd probably be disgusted with me buying an HT figure of Obi-Wan (no doubt would be). :lol That's OK!

Really, Sol? I don't know. AG decided to go with points so the bigger Star Wars became, the more money he made. It seems counter intuitive, or maybe even hypocritical, to rag on something that made you a mint.

It wouldn't have been so bad if Guinness had been nonchalant or took a "grin and bear it" attitude. Something along the lines of "Well, it's quite a bit different than my previous work," etc.

He wasn't telling him not to be a fan. He was telling him not to put his life out of proportion to his fandom.

Well by that time it had already obviously started to consume the kid. He probably just didn't want to see the kid go down the dark path.....AKA

polls_superest_super_nerd_1532_862669_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Back