Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think opening weekend will be huge for SW since a lot of people are excited to see what happens with the story. Good and bad. :lol

Agreed. Regardless of how hardcore fans felt about the prequels, they will all go out and see this movie. How can you not when the original cast is starring in it? And as far as the new trailer goes, if there is somehow an HD version that pops up online before Avengers comes out, of course I"m going to watch it.

Agreed. Regardless of how hardcore fans felt about the prequels, they will all go out and see this movie. How can you not when the original cast is starring in it? And as far as the new trailer goes, if there is somehow an HD version that pops up online before Avengers comes out, of course I"m going to watch it.

I hear ya! I don't feel like the prequels ruined my childhood like some fans say it did theirs :rolleyes2 :lol but I do say that they could have been done better.

I will be at the theater on opening weekend waiting to see the next chapter of a story with characters that I love. :yess:

It depends on the next couple of trailers I would imagine. If they are groundbreaking and hit the news, then it could be beyond massive.

There is no way Avengers will do better than Star Wars.

This is Star Wars.

Star Wars.

Star.

Wars.

I still say Avengers 2 will have a BIGGER opening weekend and BIGGER total gross...

giphy.gif

I still say Avengers 2 will have a BIGGER opening weekend and BIGGER total gross...

Depends if Star Wars will play in 3D and IMAX. Those add a great deal of money to every ticket sold, Marvel has made quite a killing with those little surcharges. Star Wars will be huge, but so will Avengers. If Star Wars doesn't play in 3D and IMAX, then Avengers really could make more then Star Wars, even if more people go to Star Wars. As much as I hate the 3D gimmick, Hollywood realizes how much extra cash they can squeeze out of people for it and why it continues to exist. I imagine Star Wars will at least be in IMAX like every other blockbuster, but that doesn't mean it will be in 3D too. I'd prefer it not to be.

Back