Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished season five on Netflix and its almost like they wanted the series to end there. With Sam defeating the devil and dean living a happy life. Then they give it an open ending with Sam looking at them.

I'm rewatching S5 on TNT every morning, and I've got to admit that its the season 'to beat' IMO. As much as I love the later seasons, that one was special.

Not sure if you knew, but when Kripke presented the show to the WB executives, it was originally meant as five season show. Everything was mapped out from beginning to end. But, when the show became as popular as it was by S4/S5, it was tough for the executives to just end the success. Coincidentally (or maybe not), Kripke stepped down as the primary showrunner before S6.

What I'm not clear about is if Kripke originally planned that 'open ending' or if it was added after the fact, when the executives said 'we want more.'

I'm rewatching S5 on TNT every morning, and I've got to admit that its the season 'to beat' IMO. As much as I love the later seasons, that one was special.

Not sure if you knew, but when Kripke presented the show to the WB executives, it was originally meant as five season show. Everything was mapped out from beginning to end. But, when the show became as popular as it was by S4/S5, it was tough for the executives to just end the success. Coincidentally (or maybe not), Kripke stepped down as the primary showrunner before S6.

What I'm not clear about is if Kripke originally planned that 'open ending' or if it was added after the fact, when the executives said 'we want more.'

Yes I knew it becuase they defeated the ultimate evil and couldnt prevent sam from becoming the vessel. it just felt like the ending to the series but becuase of it being so popular they said no and continued it.

And are we supposed to know who James is ? Because I don't remember this guy off the top of my head.

Ok, I was wondering the same thing....was this dude actually in some previous ep, cause if he was, I missed it!?!

I think it was one of those we were just supposed to go along with it, kind of things because I honestly don't remember him. :lol

I think it was one of those we were just supposed to go along with it, kind of things because I honestly don't remember him. :lol

I guess, but as far as I know, they've never referenced a character that wasn't on the show previously, so either we both missed the same episode, or we are just nuts....or both! :horror:horror:horror

I guess, but as far as I know, they've never referenced a character that wasn't on the show previously, so either we both missed the same episode, or we are just nuts....or both! :horror:horror:horror

:lol

No, I think we're right about this. I just googled the name (character and actor) and it looks like this is the first episode of the show he's been in.

:lol

No, I think we're right about this. I just googled the name (character and actor) and it looks like this is the first episode of the show he's been in.

Why, those dirty rotten writers.....! On second thought, maybe he was in one of the animated episodes? I've been meaning to sit down and check them out!!!

Why, those dirty rotten writers.....! On second thought, maybe he was in one of the animated episodes? I've been meaning to sit down and check them out!!!

Me too!! I've heard nothing but good things about them. Let me know what you think. One of these days I'll get around to it.

Same here....I am watching this as I am typing, but why the heck are we having a lovin' moment between two guest stars? This seems like almost the worst written spin off episode of all time.

Not digging this one

Same here....I am watching this as I am typing, but why the heck are we having a lovin' moment between two guest stars? This seems like almost the worst written spin off episode of all time.

Not digging this one

Yeah, I'll admit. I was scratching my head for about the first 30 minutes or so because I was kind of lost. I didn't really get what was going on. I don't know how else to put it.

It really picks up in the last 20 minutes or so. The end it pretty cool (cliffhanger.) Let me know what you think.

Yeah, I'll admit. I was scratching my head for about the first 30 minutes or so because I was kind of lost. I didn't really get what was going on. I don't know how else to put it.

It really picks up in the last 20 minutes or so. The end it pretty cool (cliffhanger.) Let me know what you think.

Cool, I shall - so far, I am appreciating the good looking woman, so shall see how the last 20 goes...lol

I found it pretty easy to follow, to be honest, I didn't recognize James, either, but I just went with it. On a side note, did you guys see the preview for next week's ep!?! My heritage and one of my favorite shows collide: ZEUS, motha****as!

I found it pretty easy to follow, to be honest, I didn't recognize James, either, but I just went with it. On a side note, did you guys see the preview for next week's ep!?! My heritage and one of my favorite shows collide: ZEUS, motha****as!

It was probably just me. Something lost me along me along the way, I got it together by episode's end.

And the big news here, what's going on with Sam!? It looks like these trials are going to take a toll, and it appears they already have.

Next week's looks awesome! Definitely looking forward to it. Reminds me a little of the S5 episode, when all of the various gods got together in the motel.

Back