Terminator 2: T-800 PF - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint's really not bad, it doesn't have the mixes of tones and such that some paint jobs have which gives a bit more life, but it's clean, the eyes and eyebrows work with the sculpt, no bushy brows or eyes that look like someone else or go wonky, it's really one of Sideshow's better paint jobs.

I know PFs are meant to be cloth and mixed media, but I do feel like this might have looked better same pose, but solid statue instead of the mix.

SSC Josh Brolinator PF

josh-brolin.jpg

Best Arnie likeness out there, hands down.

I agree 100%. The likeness is perfectly nailed.

I think HT has a better likeness.

I completely disagree. the HT Arnold is a cool figure, but as far as likeness, it doesn't come close to the T-800 PF.

Sideshow did a better job on the Conan PF then the T-800 PF, so I ahve to disagree with you on that. Outside of the PF's Hot Toys has come pretty damn close with their T-800 and Dutch.

I disagree with your statement. I found Arnold's likeness on the Terminator PF to be much stronger than the Conan PF.

Maulfan, these pics are stunning.

49.jpg
50.jpg

On the PF eyes look better. They got Arnold's look/expression right, however, skull structure is off a little. It's too narrow(among few other off points) but what hurts the statue the most is the paint job. Reminds me of the cheap religious statues they sell at 99C stores(exaggerating a bit to make a point). In a nutshell both HT and Sideshow PF versions have their strong points and it's a matter of preference.

this piece looks good, but would have been epic with battle damage and a light up eye. I think this piece has a little better likeness than the HT version. The hair and slightly being thin are the only small things that look off about this piece. I will wait to see how Dutch looks before I bring an Arnie into my collection.

The battle damage wouldn't fit the moment of the film (unless you mean it as an idea for an exclusive).

I'd have gotten this PF for the likeness and the dead-on expression if there was no chance that I'd then want to get other PFs. But I just can't take the risk when I'm already spending more money than I should.

I think you'd be safe a-dev, honestly, I'm not a PF or even really a statue collector, if I buy a statue or PF, anything non-figure, it should say a lot about my feelings for the piece to make a spot for it in my collection. Right now, I have Darth Maul, Rambo and T-800 PFs with Jack Sparrow on order, because I love those characters and I like the representations, and I stop.

The battle damage wouldn't fit the moment of the film (unless you mean it as an idea for an exclusive).

yea, not that exact moment, but this was around the same scene with the same outfit, when he got all shot up to hell. The only thing not accurate to that scene would be the gun, but that wouldnt stop many ppl from getting it if that was the case. The point was though, that this pf should have had battle damage, regardless what scene it was from.

For years all you could get was battle damage. Deliberately overdone battle damage because likeness rights couldn't be obtained, poor likenesses even when the rights were obtained because of lower sculpting standards and/or the scale working against it. So I think its great that over the past year or 2 or 3 we've gotten so many clean Arnie T-800 sculpts - this PF, NECAs figures and Hot Toys. They were a long time coming.

But now definitely I'm ready for some battle damage again. Come on Hot Toys.

By the way who sculpted this PF?

I think you'd be safe a-dev, honestly, I'm not a PF or even really a statue collector, if I buy a statue or PF, anything non-figure, it should say a lot about my feelings for the piece to make a spot for it in my collection. Right now, I have Darth Maul, Rambo and T-800 PFs with Jack Sparrow on order, because I love those characters and I like the representations, and I stop.

Yeah but this is how I started collecting 1/6th after only collecting Star Wars 3 3/4 and 7" McFarlanes for years. I thought I could limit myself to my core favourites but just kept branching out "because hey wouldn't it be cool to have X seen as I got Y" etc.

Well, if you have a strong enough will, you can keep yourself to buying only what really matters to you, it took me a bit to reach that point but I'm there.

And the PF portrait was sculpted by Trevor Grove, if I remember right, I think that's all he did, which I think is part of the issues with some of the body stuff, I don't think it's a good idea to sculpt body and head separately.

I'd have gotten this PF for the likeness and the dead-on expression if there was no chance that I'd then want to get other PFs. But I just can't take the risk when I'm already spending more money than I should.

Good call cuz thats pretty much what happened to me :(

Looks like I'm about to spend even more money, Barney Ross from the Expendables has been revealed and I'm contemplating buying 2 but definitely at least 1. Add him to the 3 T-1000s and dunno how many BD T-800s when that is finally shown. Theres no way I could possibly get this PF too.

So, yeah. Just did a BIN on one of these on eBay. And the shipment info says that it weighs two (2) pounds. =\ I'm afraid.

Back