Terminator 2: T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer something closer to the Conan base (in the sense that it's a part of a larger scene) instead of an abstract logo like the Robocop base.

Something like a floor, maybe have the Cyberdyne logo on it, with some debris around.

Well, this is just an example, but the point I'm trying to make is that it places the figure within a scene rather than putting the figure on some kind of abstract pedestal.

2698661309_c40ca7577a_o.jpg

I just trust the freaks that told me:banana

I believe they have their sources

Did they say that it would be going up for preorder on Thursday for sure?

Here's what's in the NL.

Remember, this exciting piece will go up for Pre-Order soon, so keep your eyes peeled for future Sideshow Newsletters!

Podcasts says previewing in the 9/25 NL, but I think it'd be a wise move to check in just incase preview and pre-order are same day.

Seriously, is there any reason for Sideshow to employ any other sculptor other than Trev? That may be a controversial statement, and I really don't mean to offend. There have been some truly remarkable SS pieces from other artists, but COME ON!! Trevor's stuff is just beyond belief! I'm only giving credit where credit is due.

There have been some great pieces that have come out lately where the comments are "yeah, its a great representation of the character", or "you can really see (fill in actor's name here) from some angles". With Trevor, the only comment you get is "when is the pre-order..!!"

Well, I doubt that Trevor could sculpt everything that Sideshow needed in any case. He is fantastic (this is without a doubt the best Arnie I've seen), but don't forget all of the other people who have done amazing work for Sideshow as well.

I'd say I'm a metacarpal in the skeletal structure that is Sideshow .....not even CLOSE to being part of the backbone, guys! It's so humbling how many creative and disciplined people work together to make these pieces, and it's definitely satisfying to know you're part of it.

I'm really gracious for your kindness, though Qui Gon! :D I'm really anxious for the pics of the T-800 to show up so I can get a look at the work everyone did on it. It's bound to be a fun one!

Trev

grenade launcher pose.....confirmed in podcast just released

pose is m-79 grenade launcher couched in his arm, breach is open & thumbing a grenade into the hole whilst looking off to his next target

some battle damage based on in cyberdyne building scenes

I knew it... awesome! :rock

I'd say I'm a metacarpal in the skeletal structure that is Sideshow .....not even CLOSE to being part of the backbone, guys! It's so humbling how many creative and disciplined people work together to make these pieces, and it's definitely satisfying to know you're part of it.

I'm really gracious for your kindness, though Qui Gon! :D I'm really anxious for the pics of the T-800 to show up so I can get a look at the work everyone did on it. It's bound to be a fun one!

Trev

I'm always amazed by how humble you are Trev, it's great, a lot like when a sports player actually steps up and speaks as part of a team instead of caught up in his own performance, refreshing.

I think folks around here take for granted that while what you do on your part of a piece may be amazing, all the other pieces have to fall into place to or else your work doesn't mean much. The paint job on the ANH Han Solo doesn't favor your sculpt work and in some ways deminishes it a bit; I don't think anyone could ask for a better sculpt there, but it's irrellevant without the right paint job and everything. SSC's pieces are a total collaborative effort, your sculpts are important because with any character, the portrait is a defining point, but the whole piece is because of the team. Indy PF has a great portrait, but if the rest of the team dropped the ball after what you did, it wouldn't matter. Same with this T-800. I look forward to seeing what the paint and fabrication teams have done.

Trev, how much of this piece did you sculpt, did you make all of the sculpted elements or?

Trevolver, after Indiana Jones, Anakin Skywalker , T-800 and the others, what characters would like to sculpt you with Sideshow? :cool:

Thank you!

I'd love to see Tim Miller do a 1/4 T-1000, his work on the mini bust is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back