Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also the fact that Judgment Day (the new,new,new one :lol) is in 2007 according to Cameron. If Sarah had already helped Judgement Day happen in 1999, the Terminator would have no problem with killing her. If she did after 1999, Skynet would already be gone - i.e. they skipped 2000 - 2006, so Sara couldn't have done anything then. She originally died on December 4, 2005 from Cancer, so it's not like she would have done anything in 2007 to create Skynet.

This whole Judgement Day does get a little convoluted to say the least. :lol

I guess my theory applies to future writing not yet done. Maybe the T's could have killed Sarah before this last jump -- but now with everything in 2007, maybe they actually need her now. Maybe she's the one who "pushes the red button" sort of thing.

I'm sure if the show goes the distance, this idea -- this inevitable threat to everything Sarah is fighting against -- will come to the writers. It's a great tragic future for Sarah to come to realize: that she initiates Judgement Day...and there's nothing she can do to change that. Although she will no doubt spend many episodes trying.

The inevitability of the event, and her struggle against it -- much like John's struggle against becoming the supreme leader -- is great drama!

ummm, I remember reading the script years ago and she is supposed to be 19 yrs old when she meets Kyle Reese, so she prob gave birth at age 20.

"Is SC supposed to be 33 in this show? I didn't watch all of it, it looked cheap in passing and I had to roll my eyes at the little things they stole and just got plain wrong. James Cameron is SUCH a good writer, he makes characters consistent. All the one-liners given by the T-800 had a logical basis but this Teacher-Terminator saying "class is over" or whatever, the writers didn't understand or care about that stuff. And having the Teacher-Terminator end up with the EXACT same type of headwound like Arnie at the end of T2 was unbelievably lame."

Beren

In all honesty, how can you comment on the writing in the show when you didn't bother to watch it? I found the writing in both episodes to be witty and entertaining. I will give you that the Terminator saying "Class Dismissed" was cheesy, but that's what the general public expects from a lineage of "I'll be back" and "Hasta La Vista Baby". It wasn't so horrible that it ruined the show. As for the facial head wounds, they weren't exactly like Arnie. Same idea, but not a complete ripoff. In T2, Arnold was left with most of his face at the end because A.) it was Arnold they were paying the big bucks to film and B.) it emphasized the humanization of the T-800 during the movie. In the series, it was used for one purpose and one purpose only - cost cutting. It way cheaper special effects wise to do minor facial scraps than it is to do chunks missing, etc. that would require blue screen work. The facial damage was very good so, I don't see a problem.

This isn't aimed at Beren per say, but most of the people *****ing are complaining about homages to the source material (head tilt, Come with me if you want to live, facial damage, etc.) DOH! It's Terminator people. The mom and pop action fans want and expect that stuff. Hell, I consider myself a Terminator fanatic and even I got a kick out of it. Television shows HAVE to grab the general audience. Without them, they die a quick death (Firefly anyone) no matter the quality.

In all honesty, how can you comment on the writing in the show when you didn't bother to watch it? I found the writing in both episodes to be witty and entertaining. I will give you that the Terminator saying "Class Dismissed" was cheesy, but that's what the general public expects from a lineage of "I'll be back" and "Hasta La Vista Baby". It wasn't so horrible that it ruined the show. As for the facial head wounds, they weren't exactly like Arnie. Same idea, but not a complete ripoff. In T2, Arnold was left with most of his face at the end because A.) it was Arnold they were paying the big bucks to film and B.) it emphasized the humanization of the T-800 during the movie. In the series, it was used for one purpose and one purpose only - cost cutting. It way cheaper special effects wise to do minor facial scraps than it is to do chunks missing, etc. that would require blue screen work. The facial damage was very good so, I don't see a problem.

This isn't aimed at Beren per say, but most of the people *****ing are complaining about homages to the source material (head tilt, Come with me if you want to live, facial damage, etc.) DOH! It's Terminator people. The mom and pop action fans want and expect that stuff. Hell, I consider myself a Terminator fanatic and even I got a kick out of it. Television shows HAVE to grab the general audience. Without them, they die a quick death (Firefly anyone) no matter the quality.

I wasn't complaining...:D Well maybe I shouldn't be too hard, robots are people too..:rotfl

This whole Judgement Day does get a little convoluted to say the least. :lol

I guess my theory applies to future writing not yet done. Maybe the T's could have killed Sarah before this last jump -- but now with everything in 2007, maybe they actually need her now. Maybe she's the one who "pushes the red button" sort of thing.

I'm sure if the show goes the distance, this idea -- this inevitable threat to everything Sarah is fighting against -- will come to the writers. It's a great tragic future for Sarah to come to realize: that she initiates Judgement Day...and there's nothing she can do to change that. Although she will no doubt spend many episodes trying.

The inevitability of the event, and her struggle against it -- much like John's struggle against becoming the supreme leader -- is great drama!

That's a very intriguing take WG. I like it a lot and it does help explain why the T didn't off Sarah in the Pilot although I'm not sure that was his programmed order. But, your insight and points are valid and yes, it completely allows for a plausible story thread to evolve. :D

I just hope Josh F (EP) doesn't steal it without crediting you properly if it hasn't been thought out. :D

9 Eps were written and are in the can so we'll see how this Sarah can't be killed device plays out... let's face it, it has to be addressed sooner or later.

I just got the through with the second episode and I think I am gonna move along and forget this series. I just couldnt enjoy it, I tried, really hard, but I just cant suspend my severe dislike of the writing.

Its bad in just about every way IMO.

probobly gonna go like smallville season 1. every episode has a new kryptonite powered villain ( read, new terminator). and will get very silly, very fast. the will realise the mistake in time for season two, fix it, and improve dramaticly.

probobly gonna go like smallville season 1. every episode has a new kryptonite powered villain ( read, new terminator). and will get very silly, very fast. the will realise the mistake in time for season two, fix it, and improve dramaticly.

That is if there is a season 2. Seeing as this is a sci-fi show on FOX, you can pretty much kiss that thought goodbye. This isn't the early 90's.

That is if there is a season 2. Seeing as this is a sci-fi show on FOX, you can pretty much kiss that thought goodbye. This isn't the early 90's.

You have a point under normal circumstances. However, not during a strike-crippled season. Combine the lack of new shows, the amazing numbers for the first 2 episodes, plus no end to the strike in sight and this show will easily make it through the remaining filmed 7 episodes and get picked up next season.

Tonights episode was pretty weak... nothing really seemed to happen and what did wasn't all that great.

Also, whats with the crummy looking Endos? Not sure exactly whats off, but they looks really fake... which is funny since they were able to look great in a movie thats over 20 years old :eek:

Tonights episode was pretty weak... nothing really seemed to happen and what did wasn't all that great.

Also, whats with the crummy looking Endos? Not sure exactly whats off, but they looks really fake... which is funny since they were able to look great in a movie thats over 20 years old :eek:

No offense to Galactiboy, but I can foresee this ever week that Sarah and company are shooting it out with the Terminators. Complaint after complaint. What's wrong with character development. What's wrong with watching Cameron learn to be "human". I found this episode every better than the first 2, because it actually fleshed out (yeah, that's a pun ... couldn't resist) all 3 characters, who, outside of the films, were rather thin. They can't be fighting endo/terminators every week. And, I am totally sold on this show. Which is ironic, seeing as I was one of the first to assume the worst when it was announced.

As for why the Endos look different, A.) we have no idea what model they are ... could be earlier than the 800 models, and B.) this is a TV show - it probably has a 800,000 an episode budget. T2 had a 102 million dollar budget in 1991 ... which with inflation would be pushing close to 200 in today's market. Sure, technology has come a long way, but it's still a huge gap in funding. If you are expecting blockbuster movie F/X, might as well stop watching now, 'cause you are only going to be disappointed over and over. I thought they did a pretty good job considering their were 7 in the episode.

Nothing wrong with character development, but I guess I didn't see much of it here. I enjoyed the first two episodes, but this one felt more like a bad melodrama than the previous episodes. And I mean the terminator is almost too silly to be interesting in some of the stuff she did in the episode today. Like she said before they went into school she was able to fool John, but now she's incredibly awkward all of the sudden? In some ways it almost feels like she is just playing the River character again, but w/o a better show behind it.

You're probably right about budget being an issue with the Endos, but you'd think that if there was one thing visually that ties the series into the films (the Endo) they would have them look a little better.

I'm still hopeful for the show, but I really did not find this one very good on a lot of different levels, not just the action side.

I agree with galactiboy, boring episode tonight except for the Chet stuff. That bathtub scene was freaky! :horror

I'm liking Lena Headey's Sarah Connor less with each new episode. She just comes off way too soft.

For this show's sake, it had better start picking up some steam in the next week or two.

Really? Because the first 2 episodes had the highest viewer ratings of any new show this year. And, with the lack of competition, I am willing to bet it pulled in just as many millions last night. Still not sure what everyone is expecting, but SCC has exceeded my expectations so far. Everything seems to connect to the films, and both the drama and action are working. But to each his own. Thank God, unlike Firefly, Wonderfalls, etc. the Nielson families finally like something I do too ... :chew

Still on the fence with this show. None of the principle characters really work yet.

But Chet rocks. Even if his whole blood-in-a-tub science seems a bit silly. Kinda reminds me of an Easy-Bake solution.

Sarah needs to hook up with these resistance guys quick so she can start having some missions or some story with a definitive goal.

Really? Because the first 2 episodes had the highest viewer ratings of any new show this year. And, with the lack of competition, I am willing to bet it pulled in just as many millions last night. Still not sure what everyone is expecting, but SCC has exceeded my expectations so far. Everything seems to connect to the films, and both the drama and action are working. But to each his own. Thank God, unlike Firefly, Wonderfalls, etc. the Nielson families finally like something I do too ... :chew

That is true, but the only thing wrong about that argument is that there is nothing else on TV due to the stike.

I thought it started pretty weak and I thought the graffiti was... odd and the whole C story with the suicide girl seemed lazy. I don't know if that was art design or weak writing. But it picked up and got pretty fun. I really like the new 12 MONKEYS take on it.

I realize it's going to take awhile for the show to outgrow making every episode a morality play about whether murdering to prevent the future is OK, I just hope they get there soon. Alternatively, perhaps the show would work best on F/X or Spike where they could curse and show gore, violence and their heroes doing less than heroic things each week.

It was good seeing the program who explained the concept of love to Neo as the doctor.

I'm hoping there is some deeper point to the suicide story than just some girl boinking her teacher. And honestly I had a hard time figuring out what the paintings were supposed to be until the last one.

I didn't quite get that. I just got that it was a nebulous acting out thing. I suppose the teacher was her art teacher then. With 2 episodes in, it's hard to tell what the rhythm of the show is gonna be but if the suicide thing turns out to be more than a one episode C story with the suicide girl acting like a freak-of-the-week then that'll redeem it.

What i dont get is WHY! are they using crapy CG work for the terminators when a real one would do and would look 10times better then that horrible CG ones. ****! buy the Sideshow 1:1 and use that!

Back