The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

Ah, thanks...
So Pennington is either Rick Jones or Noh-Varr..

My guess is Noh-Varr, only because it has so many possibilities and the character to be on the list for any reason is interesting.
- He was Marvel Boy and Captain Marvel
- He's a Kree alien and it would open up the whole possibilities that the earth heroes aren't alone
- Skrulls in future films, aliens, space, all that good stuff
- Dark Avengers

Plus, since Green Lantern is coming out with DC isn't that really space influenced? Marvel has to go there someday... AND I think Marvel would want to secure "Captain Marvel" on screen before DC tries too.

That's just my two cents... I can't see Rick Jones having anything really big to contribute in the future. Why tweak with a character to make him cooler when there's already cooler alternatives?

According to Lauren Donner Shueller another Hulk movie will be made after The Avengers....Rick Jones would be directly connected to that if it comes to pass.

BTW...your sig made me very happy.

If they were going to have Captain Marvel why not have the real one instead of the new one?

maybe modernize it/change it up a bit? im sure its all going to be ultimates and not traditional... right?

I know there's alot of talk about that, but I don't think there is much evidence of it yet. Just speculation it will. Either way iirc Mar-Vell was Captain Marvel in the Ultimate Universe and not Noh-Varr.

So... Skrulls the main villain in Avengers? What do ya think?

I just hope they don't put too many characters in the movie, I think it will do better with a smaller cast of heroes.

So... Skrulls the main villain in Avengers? What do ya think?

I hope not-- at least for the first one. It has to be a foe of worth that'll bring them together (I'd like to think Kang) but I'd like to see the Skrulls saved for a sequel down the road...

I would like to see a Skrull invasion made as a trilogy. That way it'll keep it epic and allow room for more characters.

I would like to see a Skrull invasion made as a trilogy. That way it'll keep it epic and allow room for more characters.

At least over two movies with another to start things out. The first Avengers could be the feeling out (with a villain like Kang or even a hold-over from the Thor movie just like in the original comic with Loki messing with them) and then in the second one the Skrull threat is introduced. The second movie could end in a dark way (a la ESB) where almost all hope seems lost and then the third would wrap things up...

That'd be killer.

Yeah, I guess that does make more sense given actors and contracts etc.

But that got me thinking... In comics costume designs change, different authors have different styles, authors take characters in different direction than may not always go along with the way the character was previously. So, howwould all of you feel to have new actors continue the roles in the same way Bond has had many different actors?

4550-zz6b33b815.jpg

Another Fanmade: Interesting who they cast alongside these confirmed stars...

ZZ38C9FBA9.jpg

Back