The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

Norton's statement today was incredibly classy. I think Feige was out of line - Norton was only difficult because he wanted the project to be the best it could me - it wasn't about his ego. Downey did the same on Iron Man, but may have been more politic in how he did it.

I think Avengers would have been a better film with Norton's involvement.

Norton is no dummy, he wasn't going to repeat the same mistake, especially in Hollywood.

I agree, Feige's statement was very unprofessional.

This fight should've obviously remained private regardless if it's about money or personalities, shame on Marvel.

Regarding Norton as an actor, as good as he can be he's definately not the only good thespian out there who can do Banner justice.

Where's Bill Bixby when you need him :lol

In your opinion ;) .

For Whedon and Marvel's sake I hope he can handle a production of this magnitude and significance.

Instead it will be the next Fantastic Four.

:gah:

Norton's statement today was incredibly classy. I think Feige was out of line - Norton was only difficult because he wanted the project to be the best it could me - it wasn't about his ego. Downey did the same on Iron Man, but may have been more politic in how he did it.

:goodpost::exactly:

Please not ruffalo,great actor but i dont see Banner in him.fail

Yeah I agree that Norton seemingly took the high ground instead of mudslinging. He'll be missed, but right now I'm not really sure how much screen time "Banner" would have anyways. If Hulk really is the villain in this movie he'd have all the screen time and Norton would just be attached for the benefit of name dropping.

Mark Ruffalo? Really? Well....I raised eyebrows at the announcement of Eric Bana and he pulled off Banner alright. One thing is for sure, his performance won't come near as good as a Norton performance but it ensures since he is B/C list that if they want to do another Hulk like Lauren Donner Schuller is claiming then they won't have a problem signing and keeping him in line.

Personally I think that Billy Crudup would/could pull off a better Banner then Ruffalo. He did really well as Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen. It'd be really nice to see him in the Avengers bouncing off of the likes of RDJ & company.
billy_crudup_2315015.jpg

We're going to languish through weeks of Banner casting rumors and then the studio will cast Andrew Garfield for the role.

Crudup is in his 40's.

Also, Norton might've taken the high ground publicly, but he rarely does it behind the scenes.

Banner? I just don't see it....

19042797_w434_h_q80.jpg

Attachments

• C1_WPdJUsAA0BkQ.jpg
    C1_WPdJUsAA0BkQ.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 4
Back