The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Yeah, next summer is gonna be insane and then we end the year with The Hobbit part 1. :thud:

Oh I know. The next couple years of going should be sweet.

This year was (and still is) already crazy with Thor, X-men, GL and Cap!

But next year starts with a new GR movie :)rock) and then just goes over the edge from there :lol

This year was (and still is) already crazy with Thor, X-men, GL and Cap!

But next year starts with a new GR movie :)rock) and then just goes over the edge from there :lol

We're gonna be free falling but it will be fun. :yess:

Failure.

Double failure.
No, not at all. And your complete inability to back that up just shows how wrong you know you are.

In the end the IV and the VI are the same basic suit, and the fact that the battery that powers them is different really isn't all that big of a deal.

Tony Stark is the Apple of the Marvel Universe. Either you get it or you don't. The iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS looked exactly the same yet had different functionalities and hardware differences like battery and processors. That is akin to the Mark III and the Mark IV, the changes cosmetically are minimal but overall different. The iPhone 4 is radically different in terms of shape and hardware but still recognizable as an iPhone keeping some of the original detail. Hence the Mark VI. Originally the script for Iron Man 2 had a bit where the new Arc put out so much power that Jarvis said it made the suit unstable, Tony prepped a new suit from the existing Mark plan and the metal accents were sprung from unfinished parts. That scene was scrapped early but it wasn't that necessary as the viewers pretty much inferred new suit for new arc.
There were also two different arcs in the first film. They didn't rename any of the Marks then.

The difference is in the first film there was a huge and clear cut jump in technology between the suits.

Last edited:

Yeah, someone posted a similar article in the SDCC 2011. I agree with the first part talking about if they don't have something they don't really show. Comic movies will show up 99.99% of the time because its at the heart of the event. Not really worried.

There were also two different arcs in the first film. They didn't rename any of the Marks then. The difference is in the first film there was a huge and clear cut jump in technology between the suits.

What are you talking about? In Iron Man 1 we have the Mark I with Arc 1.0 tech that gets replaced with the Mark II with Arc 2.0. The Mark III is just a color change and material swap. From Iron Man 2 we see the Mark IV built from the template of the III as it stands battle damaged and again only minimal changes like exposing more of the undersuit alloy. The Mark VI runs on Arc 3.0 tech. I'm not sure I follow how we didn't get renamed Marks with renamed Arcs.

Mark I = Arc 1.0

Marks II, III, IV, V = Arc 2.0

Mark VI = Arc 3.0

At the end of the film for the climax, Tony has to use the Arc 1.0 in the Mark III. Given the power limitations, maybe that should have suddnely become the Mark 1.5 or something.

Oh I see you're talking semantics. The Arc 1.0 wasn't a permanent move but one done out of necessity and deperation. The suit wasn't even functioning at 100%. If you're arguing the little details then one could point out that after the climax since Obi was destroyed in the Iron Monger and that the Arc 1.0 was obviously damaged and blinking that another Arc had to logically be constructed and that the Mark IV and V were functioning on Arc 2.5 technology. I mean if we are going to knitpick.

Yes, it's from the licensing expo a few weeks back.

This weekend actually. More stuff may come out of it.

Can us nerds even handle a Batman, Avengers, Superman and Spiderman movie in one summer :horror :panic: :thud:

We'll see next year!

Just think about that for one second, how insanely crazy that sounds :lol

Superman will be released Christmas time next year, so we get a little break.

This weekend actually. More stuff may come out of it.

Is there another? This came from the week of June 1st, there is an article about it in this thread where we learned of the Helicarrier....

Is there another? This came from the week of June 1st, there is an article about it in this thread where we learned of the Helicarrier....

We're talking about different things i think. I thought you were referring to the promotional poster i posted which came from the Licensing International Expo this weekend.

You were referring to the previous Licensing expo right?

Thanos in the wings..?
By William Bibbiani May 29, 2011
2012 can't come fast enough. Sure, Joss Whedon's Avengers movie is shooting right freaking now for release in a mere year, but think of everything we'll have to live through in the meantime: Christmas, Tax Day, Back to School commercials, two time-changes, presidential primaries... and now the wait just got a lot more painful. Latino Review reports that The Avengers has wracked up another villain, and he's one of the biggest in the whole Marvel Universe: Thanos.

Created in 1973 by famed comics creator Jim Starlin, Thanos's earliest origins are a little too complicated to go into here - Google is your friend, folks - but suffice it to say that Thanos, 'The Mad Titan,' is an alien supervillain romantically obsessed with Death (who, in the Marvel Universe, is a real individual, and a real sexy one at that). On multiple occasions Thanos has attempted to wield Godlike powers to take down the heroes of the Marvel Universe and, in the case of the famed mini-series The Infinity Gauntlet - actually succeeded in killing half the sentient life forms in the universe as an offering to the object of his affection. The Infinity Gauntlet, by the way, can be seen in the trophy room of this summer's Thor, so this news/rumor doesn't exactly come as a surprise.

Thanos is expected to join Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and the Skrulls (casting unknown) as the villains for 2012's Avengers movie, although since they were keeping him a secret it's likely that he has a smaller, cameo-esque role. Time will tell.

Crave Online will return with more Avengers news after we get dressed. Hey honey...? Do you see my other gauntlet anywhere?

The Hulk Will Be Completely Naked In The Avengers

On Tuesday, I posted the first concept art poster for The Avengers and a lot of people asked if The Hulk was naked. Well, The Hulk [Mark Ruffalo] was on Twitter last night, and said that not only is he naked in the poster, but he's naked in the whole movie.

I have to inform the wolrd that the Hulk may be completely bare assed in this AVengers.

I guess this makes sense, because I don't know who makes adjustable waist pants for those bloated days when you turn into a 12 foot tall giant, raging, humanoid monster. But I'd still check Old Navy, though. They have everything! I just bought some some capris there myself yesterday, and I have to say that the staff were friendly and very helpful.

The HT fig should be interesting...

Thanos in the wings..?
By William Bibbiani May 29, 2011
2012 can't come fast enough. Sure, Joss Whedon's Avengers movie is shooting right freaking now for release in a mere year, but think of everything we'll have to live through in the meantime: Christmas, Tax Day, Back to School commercials, two time-changes, presidential primaries... and now the wait just got a lot more painful. Latino Review reports that The Avengers has wracked up another villain, and he's one of the biggest in the whole Marvel Universe: Thanos.

Created in 1973 by famed comics creator Jim Starlin, Thanos's earliest origins are a little too complicated to go into here - Google is your friend, folks - but suffice it to say that Thanos, 'The Mad Titan,' is an alien supervillain romantically obsessed with Death (who, in the Marvel Universe, is a real individual, and a real sexy one at that). On multiple occasions Thanos has attempted to wield Godlike powers to take down the heroes of the Marvel Universe and, in the case of the famed mini-series The Infinity Gauntlet - actually succeeded in killing half the sentient life forms in the universe as an offering to the object of his affection. The Infinity Gauntlet, by the way, can be seen in the trophy room of this summer's Thor, so this news/rumor doesn't exactly come as a surprise.

Thanos is expected to join Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and the Skrulls (casting unknown) as the villains for 2012's Avengers movie, although since they were keeping him a secret it's likely that he has a smaller, cameo-esque role. Time will tell.

Crave Online will return with more Avengers news after we get dressed. Hey honey...? Do you see my other gauntlet anywhere?

:thud::yess:

I think I'm freaking out a bit inside.

An Infinity Gauntlet movie would be epic!

The HT fig should be interesting...

The Hulk IS wearing pants.

PromoArtLG.jpg

unled1rq.jpg

You can see it better in this version:

Avengers.jpg

Kinda funny though, because it DOES look like he's not wearing any pants since the bent knee blends in with the Hulk's waist. :lol:lol:lol

Who knows, Ruffalo could just be taking out of his ass but it'd definitely make for interesting battle sequences....and people were worried about Dr. Manhattan...

The pic doesn't make much sense, as if the artist removed the pants after completing them. If you look at the waist, he is wearing the lowest riding pants or maybe just kneepads!!

Who knows, Ruffalo could just be talking out of his ass

I think he was just having some fun. I guess even big Hollywood actors can troll too. :lol

The pic doesn't make much sense, as if the artist removed the pants after completing them. If you look at the waist, he is wearing the lowest riding pants or maybe just kneepads!!

I think the pants are on par with the last Hulk movie.

1.jpg

Back