The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I think there is some potential for a few good jokes if Hulk is bare assed, but he managed to find pants that fit in the first one. What would have happened to those?

I don't like a single thing Joss Whedon has ever done, but I hope he can step up and make a great Avengers movie. Snarky dialogue coming out of CA's mouth ain't going to cut it for me.

Bare assed Hulk? I sincerely hope not.

My gut tells me that the Avengers has a very good chance of being Marvel's "Green Lantern" (or worse) in terms of quality and box office success. It almost has to either be the greatest and most awe-inspiring blockbuster of all time given the characters involved or yet another ridiculously hyped movie with five minutes of anticlimactic "ass kicking" at the end. I hope I'm wrong of course but I have a hard time believing that Whedon won't be delivering the latter option.

My gut tells me that the Avengers has a very good chance of being Marvel's "Green Lantern" (or worse) in terms of quality and box office success. It almost has to either be the greatest and most awe-inspiring blockbuster of all time given the characters involved or yet another ridiculously hyped movie with five minutes of anticlimactic "ass kicking" at the end. I hope I'm wrong of course but I have a hard time believing that Whedon won't be delivering the latter option.

RDJ will fill the seats.

Batman the character might be more popular than IM the character in the general public but I believe that RDJ is more popular and much more liked and accepted than Bale is.

Oh, and RDJ > RR :lol

Yeah, at the very least the movie will be full of charismatic actors even if the story or action is weak.

Can us nerds even handle a Batman, Avengers, Superman and Spiderman movie in one summer :horror :panic: :thud:

Yeah, next summer is gonna be insane and then we end the year with The Hobbit part 1. :thud:

Don't forget also a new Ridley Scott Alien movie and 3D re-releases of TPM and Titanic. :google

Well Disney does own Marvel now so you never know.

Tony Stark: "Hey look everyone its Mr. America."

Steve Rogers: "There should be a Captain in there somewhere..."

;)

Well Disney does own Marvel now so you never know.

Tony Stark: "Hey look everyone its Mr. America."

Steve Rogers: "There should be a Captain in there somewhere..."

;)

Good one:rotfl

Don't forget also a new Ridley Scott Alien movie and 3D re-releases of TPM and Titanic. :google

Will go see TPM for sure. Don't care about the other two to be honest.

As far as the Avengers films I feel really great about those. Guess its because I'm a glass half full guy but I think this film is gonna kick ass.

Yeah, at the very least the movie will be full of charismatic actors even if the story or action is weak.

Hmmmmm.....

20050308_1_bg.jpg

;);););););) :lol

It was but then Paltrow said that she wouldn't be in the Avengers and now apparently that is being taken back so who knows.

Avengers is going to have a hard time not being overfilled. I'm really worried there is just going to be too much going on. Making it a two part movie would be a better idea imo.

Avengers is going to have a hard time not being overfilled. I'm really worried there is just going to be too much going on. Making it a two part movie would be a better idea imo.

The Venom Syndrome.

When 2 villains just isn't enough :lol

Exactly, but alot worse because we're going to have multiple villains and heroes too! And not just Venom either, think about IM2, that is what alot of people complain about with it. Too much going on.

I think the dynamic between the heroes will be what makes or breaks this film.

Whedon is great at satisfying and appealing to his fan base, but his work just doesn't connect with the general public. I hope this project will be a real breakthrough for him. All of the characters he writes sound the same to me, and he needs to learn to give his characters their own unique voices instead of having everyone speak with the same "smart" sarcastic knowing hipness. His dialogue is too self-aware and unnatural. (Plus, he likes to kill characters off just for shock value. It becomes a cheap and artificial way of wringing emotion out of the audience.) I trust him to handle a large ensemble cast--I just wish that he was directing somebody else's script.

Back