The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Wanna lol

I know the TV said SHARP on the box but it’s really a Hisense tv!

:lol

Yup not kidding your tv isn’t really a Sharp.

This industry truly is a disgrace lol

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Wanna lol

I know the TV said SHARP on the box but it’s really a Hisense tv!

[emoji38]

Yup not kidding your tv isn’t really a Sharp.

This industry truly is a disgrace lol
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me, I didn't exactly have good feelings about Sharp either. For the price I paid, I'm very impressed with the picture.

By no means can it compare to the high end models, but my expectations were exceeded. I didn't think it would beat my primary TV in some ways, but it did. After adjusting levels, ther colors are rich and the blacks are quite deep.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it's not a sharp, and why would they sell a TV from another manufacturer?

Don't get me wrong, my primary TV is still my favorite. But in really dark scenes, the spotlighting can be a bit of a letdown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me, I didn't exactly have good feelings about Sharp either. For the price I paid, I'm very impressed with the picture.

By no means can it compare to the high end models, but my expectations were exceeded. I didn't think it would beat my primary TV in some ways, but it did. After adjusting levels, ther colors are rich and the blacks are quite deep.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it's not a sharp, and why would they sell a TV from another manufacturer?

Don't get me wrong, my primary TV is still my favorite. But in really dark scenes, the spotlighting can be a bit of a letdown.

Your tv is a 2017 model and Sharp used Hisense in 2017 for their parts and manufacturing even on some of the “Aquos” labeled models but definately on all of their low end models.

Why do they do it?

They share costs and profits and it freed up Sharp to concentrate on their more profitable electronic brands.

Oh that and the asian mafia controls everything so what they say goes lol

What is spotlighting?

I think he meant ghosting but I could be wrong lol

Your tv is a 2017 model and Sharp used Hisense in 2017 for their parts and manufacturing even on some of the “Aquos” labeled models but definately on all of their low end models.

Why do they do it?

They share costs and profits and it freed up Sharp to concentrate on their more profitable electronic brands.

Oh that and the asian mafia controls everything so what they say goes lol

I think he meant ghosting but I could be wrong lol
No, spotlighting or flashlighting, at least how I understand it is different. In scenes that are mostly dark, with a concentrated area of bright light, there will be a aura of light in the darker areas. On my tv, it's really only noticeable in completely dark scenes, where there is one point of bright light, or in the end credits, assuming the credits are against black.

https://screen-uniformity.wikia.com/wiki/Flashlighting_/_Spotlighting

Ghosting is when there are 2 images slightly offset from eachother in a scene. Sometimes sloppily done 3D has this problem.

Last edited:
Oh ok cool bottom line nothing will be perfect i’ll even admit that edge lit tv’s have some benefits.

Can I just please have my unaltered 8K HDR OT with Atmos already so that I can die in peace.

Oh ok cool bottom line nothing will be perfect i’ll even admit that edge lit tv’s have some benefits.

Can I just please have my unaltered 8K HDR OT with Atmos already so that I can die in peace.
I guess i'm just difficult to please :D

I'm surprised we haven't had a 4K OT announcement since the merger.

I hope you’re sitting before I say this.

I wouldn’t put it past Disney to announce 4K HDR Unaltered OT as a Disney + exclusive NO BLURAY at all or at least until 12-24 months AFTER debut on Disney +.

Hnnnng

Great question i’m sure it can be DVR’d but no point since it will be always available for watching.

My gut is telling me that will definately happen I mean what a perfect way to get old OT fans to subscribe.

Great question i’m sure it can be DVR’d but no point since it will be always available for watching.

My gut is telling me that will definately happen I mean what a perfect way to get old OT fans to subscribe.
It's a good way to tempt subscribers, but at the same time I'd be astonished if a disc set didn't come first. I think they see the true temptation as being the original content, like the Mandalorian and Cassian series. I think most people who'd buy the set, would probably join Disney+ for the original Star Wars shows.

It's a brave new world of video though, so I wouldn't count your theory out either.

It's a good way to tempt subscribers...

tenor.gif

Can people burn 4K streaming content to a disc? Is that even a thing?

It's a good way to tempt subscribers, but at the same time I'd be astonished if a disc set didn't come first. I think they see the true temptation as being the original content, like the Mandalorian and Cassian series. I think most people who'd buy the set, would probably join Disney+ for the original Star Wars shows.

It's a brave new world of video though, so I wouldn't count your theory out either.

Offer the set. More will buy. As many still have not cut the cord.

Offer the set with a free 1-3 month of the streaming service. Good business strategy.

This is similar to a question I’ve asked before, but here goes...

I know 4k TVs do a great job of upscaling 1080p, but will the same be possible with 8k and beyond? I’ve got lots of retro TV shows in 1080p but I can’t see them being released in higher res.

Back