The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't imagine jye with a collection of action figures. It doesn't compute. A few, like he said, OK. But the whole "crap load of Hasbro" blew me away. He's just one of us after all. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

You're missing out Wor:

lol

You found a-dev’s favorite lol

I just can't imagine jye with a collection of action figures. It doesn't compute. A few, like he said, OK. But the whole "crap load of Hasbro" blew me away. He's just one of us after all. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Well not really a crap load for me anyways but for my wife yes a crap load lol

I mean look what I did to my son..

5876FA91-70D8-4560-A4D5-92ECBC75F9EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Best buy had a really good deal of the day going on today, so I picked up a new 4K for the bedroom.

It's a Sharp, and looks better than I expected. I haven't really had the chance to watch much of anything with it, but I'll be sure to in the next couple days.

3 of our 4 TV's are now 4K, just the one in the basement is still 1080p. 4K has gotten so inexpensive, it just didn't make sense to go with anything else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's what I mean. You can always tell when an industry is ready to push its "next big thing".
As of this point, I only own 1 4K disc player, and don't really feel much need to get another. So, except for the main TV in the living room, there's not a whole lot of ability to use 4K media. If I want to stream 4K in the upstairs bedrooms, it will require a whole new set up for my wifi, so at this point the upstairs 4K's are arbitrary, really.

Are there solid plans to release 8K content? Seems like 4K content is still in its infancy.

The real gauge on how soon a video format is being phased out is the release of the SW OT, lol. Ever since DVD LFL seems to wait till the very last minute to release them.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

The real gauge on how soon a video format is being phased out is the release of the SW OT, lol. Ever since DVD LFL seems to wait till the very last minute to release them.
[emoji38]

A grim sign indeed!

If only GL realized back then, that he could make or break a format by releasing the (unaltered) OT.

Imagine if he had chosen the HDDVD format to release star wars on, he could have changed history, for the worse.

Those days may have passed though, not sure if the OT still has that power with the younger generation. It's still loved, no doubt, but not sure if it can make or break a format anymore.

I don’t know if it was going to be for the worse because HD-DVD discs were constantly getting better reviews than the Blurays due to their higher bitrate and codecs being used at the time.

I don’t know if it was going to be for the worse because HD-DVD discs were constantly getting better reviews than the Blurays due to their higher bitrate and codecs being used at the time.

Kept all of mine and have two players for this reason.

Thing is, is you don't have to use a specific codec for a Blu-ray, it's just media. Ive recorded various codecs with differing bit rates on blu

Kept all of mine and have two players for this reason.

I bought the Toshiba HD-XA2 the day it was released you could only get it at specialty AV shops on release date it was a freaking $1,200 beast.

$1,200 for 1080p!

That freaking hollywood chip was insane it remains in the pantheon of the top 3 best dvd players ever made.

I kid you not the upconverted image from that chip looked like 4K does today.

I bought the Toshiba HD-XA2 the day it was released you could only get it at specialty AV shops on release date it was a freaking $1,200 beast.

$1,200 for 1080p!

That freaking hollywood chip was insane it remains in the pantheon of the top 3 best dvd players ever made.

I kid you not the upconverted image from that chip looked like 4K does today.

Oh I know. That is still in my arsenal as well. So heavy. So good.

Yeah it was quite heavy with that beautifully polished metal and it was really a precursor to those Oppo’s gaining popularity, if i’m remembering things correctly we’re talking about 2006/2007 now and I don’t remember what I did just this morning lol

I’ll never forget when super luxary brand Lexicon (something like that) got caught with XA2 and Oppo parts in its guts after people payed those insane prices for them I had my suspicions lol

Last edited:
Back