The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

The 86" is too big for my wall though. Would love it though.

Damn wall can’t you just get rid of it lol

What about local dimming?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

86” AND LD ain’t happening at $2,250 lol

Powerful brightness, powerful black levels. Balance.

tenor.gif

Where, where, where can I see this -- I want it!!!!

:rock

They took $2,250 off the price. :thud:

https://deals.dell.com/productdetai...acd=12309198375458460&VEN3=814004766373095008

They have been trying to push that set for a while. The price has jumped between 2250 and 2500 since the holidays. It will be back.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

For 4K DV HDR viewing I use TV Brightness Dark/Picture Mode Normal/Local Contrast High/Backlight 100/Brightness 49/Contrast 100/Sharpness 0/Color 58/Tint 0/Color Temp Warm.

Dynamic Contrast and Natural Cinema are set to OFF.

Gamma 2.2 in the TCL Roku App (very important).

Try Action Smoothing Off then High tell me which you prefer.

Would you recommend the same/similar setup for watching 4K BDs?

Quick dirty answer....yes.

Just fine tune from that basic setting you will definately need to because HDR10 tends too be brighter than DV so it’s more of an HDR10 vs DV thing than a Streaming vs Disc thing although that also matters lol

Please don’t shoot the messenger ie; me :lol

Last edited:
No Jye, I meant what setting do you generally put local dimming on. Off, low, high, normal?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhh

Why didn’t you say so lol

Oh gosh I leave it on full blast I love my inky blacks.

I paid for LD so i’m using it at 100%!

Okay I have cash in hand and am simply waiting for Best Buy to mark the 55" TCL 6 down to $499.99 again. Superbowl Sunday sales don't let me down! :pray:

Yeah dude i’m surprised it’s still at $600!!!

They had dropped the 65” price again but not the 55”.

Khev let me tell you I have dialed down that tv to where it looks pretty damn nice in a dark room for that price as long as you get it at $500.

My wife really likes it it’s really more for her than me i’m too busy posing action figures and watching my 80” 1080p lol

So, have they stopped making Blu-rays already and I missed the announcement? I started paging back through this thread to find the last discussion about a new release and gave up. Maybe we need to change the title? :lol

Look at what you started Khev. Wor-Gar I agree that you can never have enough tv. I am happy with the 75" though. The box barely fit in our truck. Glad it only weighs around 85 pounds because our media room is upstairs. My project this weekend is getting it set up. Think I will play raiders of the lost Ark on it first. Next purchase is the sound system. Jye can you come set up my tv sir?

:lol :lol

Take my advise here is what you should do.

Set tv to cinema/theater/movie/calibrated mode.

Set Gamma to 2.2 or 2.3 (try 2.4 if your viewing will always be in a dark environment because you will get a better contrast pop at the expense of losing some shadow detail).

Enjoy.

It’s that easy.

It becomes complicated once you start using professional grade tools to calibrate against industry standards.

:lol :lol

Take my advise here is what you should do.

Set tv to cinema/theater/movie/calibrated mode.

Set Gamma to 2.2 or 2.3 (try 2.4 if your viewing will always be in a dark environment because you will get a better contrast pop at the expense of losing some shadow detail).

Enjoy.

It’s that easy.

It becomes complicated once you start using professional grade tools to calibrate against industry standards.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it sir.

Back