The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft fake 4K

Can we get back to how awesome Wor-Gar’s 86” will be!

A745EF9E-6054-47E4-BD5F-9D2D7BF90536.jpeg

Last edited:
Blasphemy Warning:

Does 4K remove some you from the movie experience? Less film like and more real?

I spent hours calibrating my LCD. But the very first thing I did was turn off Judder and Motion.

If I want my films to look like a soap opera filmed by an amatuer, Ill watch Syfy channerl

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah not even the Digital Bits knows yet what they’re doing about the Imax ratio. :gah:

I was planning on adding it to my collection but i’m in the same boat as you.

:lol

I do hope WB shows cheap as Disney how to respect their customers by giving the movie the proper aspect ratio I mean doesn’t Disney believe that their successful movies deserve that level of respect?

I mean Paramount did it with freaking Transformers 2 and 3 you think Disney would do it with their crown jewel the MCU which is bigger for them now than even SW or at the very least the same level of importance.

But no we instead get 2K DI and incorrect aspect ratios.

Yeah, too bad Paramount no longer has any say over the MCU.

I'm not holding my breath on Aquaman since WB didn't provide IMAX ratios for any of the awesome BvS scenes like Knightmare or the final battle.

Yeah, too bad Paramount no longer has any say over the MCU.

I'm not holding my breath on Aquaman since WB didn't provide IMAX ratios for any of the awesome BvS scenes like Knightmare or the final battle.

Yeah I guess the problem is indeed industry wide real shame.

Look at IW depending which tech site you read it’s either a 2K DI or was really mastered in native 4K afterall.

It all just becomes very frustrating for the consumers who actually care about this stuff like me, you, rushmore, sweet rabbit and kara.

Yep, ordered 3D right after seeing it in the theater

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I didn’t see BP, AM nor that mediocre Spiderverse cartoon in 3D so I can’t speak for their 3D quality but I did see TLJ in 3D and it was a huge decrease in 3D quality from TFA!

Yeah I guess the problem is indeed industry wide real shame.

Look at IW depending which tech site you read it’s either a 2K DI or was really mastered in native 4K afterall.

It all just becomes very frustrating for the consumers who actually care about this stuff like me, you, rushmore, sweet rabbit and kara.

I didn’t see BP, AM nor that mediocre Spiderverse cartoon in 3D so I can’t speak for their 3D quality but I did see TLJ in 3D and it was a huge decrease in 3D quality from TFA!
Yes, ther TLJ 3D was lackluster compared to TFA. And now I just realized I never bought Antman and the wasp or BP in 3D, and honestly, I don't plan to. Guess I needed to think about it mor before making claims. Lol

:lol :lol :lol

Yes, ther TLJ 3D was lackluster compared to TFA. And now I just realized I never bought Antman and the wasp or BP in 3D, and honestly, I don't plan to. Guess I needed to think about it mor before making claims. Lol

Where i’m at right now with my 3D collection i’m pretty content although I occasionally do get the itch to chase down that T2 3D release.

GOTG2 was the 3D movie I paid the most for over Ebay because I never did the PO. :slap

Doesn’t mean I won’t ever buy another new 3D movie but for now i’m super happy with what I got.

It does feel weird not having the 3D versions of Thor 3, BP and IW in my collection though lol

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Where i’m at right now with my 3D collection i’m pretty content although I occasionally do get the itch to chase down that T2 3D release.

GOTG2 was the 3D movie I paid the most for over Ebay because I never did the PO. :slap

Doesn’t mean I won’t ever buy another new 3D movie but for now i’m super happy with what I got.

It does feel weird not having the 3D versions of Thor 3, BP and IW in my collection though lol
You really need to pick up that Ragnarok 3D disc, it's one of the best 3D discs out there.

I bought T2 3D, even though they claimed it was region free, it won't work in either of my players. So I either have to buy another player that's all region or I never get to watch my disc.

Also IW is another great 3D disc, you'll pick yourself later if you can't get it.

Yeah I do remember Ragnarok having some great 3D sequences in the theater. I guess I'll just have to wait for some future generation of home players/displays to revisit it again.

You really need to pick up that Ragnarok 3D disc, it's one of the best 3D discs out there.

I bought T2 3D, even though they claimed it was region free, it won't work in either of my players. So I either have to buy another player that's all region or I never get to watch my disc.

Also IW is another great 3D disc, you'll pick yourself later if you can't get it.

:gah: FML :gah:

Yeah I do remember Ragnarok having some great 3D sequences in the theater. I guess I'll just have to wait for some future generation of home players/displays to revisit it again.

It really was a great conversion wasn’t it.

:gah: FML :gah:

Back