The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman Anthology (Burton/Schumacher films) is all but confirmed for a 4K set later this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Batman 89.

Alien: 40th Anniversary Edition 4K is expected to hit on 4/2.

Fantastic news- so Jye hopefully REAL 4k lol

I'm sorry Khev. I promise to be quiet and use deodorant next time. I will also leave my kids at home. Actually your right. You never know what will be waiting in the next seat. I do still like it better than waiting in line and being tp close the screen or in the A-Dev seat.

BA4E827F-93B2-4521-81FD-2DA0B806381C.jpeg

Fantastic news- so Jye hopefully REAL 4k lol

Where does he get those wonderful toys.

I know 55 inches isn't the biggest set in this day and age but this thing's a freaking beast compared to my 48 inch 1080p. :yess:

Can't wait to bust it out and try out my thirteen 4K UHD's, lol.

Your head is going to explode there are different settings for:

DV disc
DV streaming
HDR10 disc
HDR10 streaming
1080p disc
1080p streaming

:lol :lol :lol

I even have different Gamma and WB settings for each! :slap

The calibrations took me weeks lol

The tv is very versatile and super fun to play with, for me anyways.

It’s very therapeutic playing with the settings i’ll spend hours on it my wife just falls asleep watching me lol

Download the Roku app to your phone for additional picture settings.

Thanks rush!

Lol, yeah I had Twister playing on the old TV. Just watched 4K ScarJo Ghost in the Shell, holy crap that was beautiful. Got Harmy SW in now! :rock

The harmy Star Wars just looks awesome on any size tv with all of us old timers getting the nostalgia. I have to watch ghost in the shell again. I just watched ready player one and its amazing at everything that is crammed in the movie. Looks awesome on the new tv. I'm happy for you Khev. Post some shots of Harmy Star Wars for JYE.

Congrats Khev!

Anyone recommend a good new bluray now or soon-to-come? I have a $10 Best Buy certificate that's good until April. It expires before the 40th Anni Alien arrives on 4-26. Any other good 4k upgrades?

No 4k JAWS or 4K Raiders yet, huh?

Thanks Wor-Gar! So glad to finally be in "the club!" :yess:

Why you trying to harmy.

Come on jye when was the last time you saw Ben's original hut look this good outside a theater? :rock

20190217_133816.jpg

I freaking LOVE this TV. I've sampled several movies of various HDR's (DV, HDR-10, etc.) and they simply all look great on this TV with the Sony X-700 player.

That early shot in GitS as the camera approaches the skyscraper before zooming in on ScarJo's tiny silhouette was nothing less than jaw dropping.

A few minutes of Dolby Vision GotG 2 on Netflix even has me less apprehensive about the industry's conversion to full digital because the colors and clarity were unlike anything I've ever seen at home.

First half hour of BR 2049 is probably my fave sample so far though.

jye knows his stuff because this hardware is absolutely off the charts.

Last edited:
Dude that rug is sooo bad ass I need one!

Yeah tv is indeed great.......but for the price.

:chase

I would share with you my 11p WB and color settings but honestly it would be pointless because I have multiple lol

Screw it try this on for size anyways see if you like the results. If not just hit reset. :rock

A0805ECA-20A3-417B-B288-58A81FCCF401.jpeg

Back