The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude that rug is sooo bad ass I need one!

:lol :rock

Yeah tv is indeed great.......but for the price.

:chase

I would share with you my 11p WB and color settings but honestly it would be pointless because I have multiple lol

Screw it try this on for size anyways see if you like the results. If not just hit reset. :rock

View attachment 444743

Dude I'm totally gonna try and configure those, don't now how the picture can look better (and yes I know LG OLED's must blow TCL's away) but I'll give it a shot, lol.

Oh and with regard to TLJ regardless of how stupid the military tactics are it looks absolutely amazing in 4K. That opening shot as the camera zooms past the fleeing transports down to the planet almost looked 3D! :horror

And is the Netflix IW in Dolby Vision like GotG 2? If so I'm gonna be pissed if I wasted money purchasing the disc only to get something that looks worse than freaking Netlfix, lol.

Last edited:
Anyone recommend a good new bluray now or soon-to-come? I have a $10 Best Buy certificate that's good until April. It expires before the 40th Anni Alien arrives on 4-26. Any other good 4k upgrades?

No 4k JAWS or 4K Raiders yet, huh?

Captain America: The First Avenger hits 4K on 2/26. For Spielberg I believe you're limited to E.T., Saving Private Ryan, and the first two JP flicks.

I'm on the hunt for Dunkirk but haven't found it at any brick & mortar stores in my area.

It really is amazing. Always fun to cross a new threshold of movie watching at home.

I’m happy for you Khev on your new tv. It’s awesome watching movies on something new because you notice new details or just appreciate how the movie was filmed better. Here are a couple of still from a movie you brought up a few days ago. C7FD59B9-DA4C-4C2C-9581-60F215A3A703.jpgA9FB2813-FC4C-4682-BAEC-2B819630A8ED.jpg

Damn you guys and your TCL talk. I was holding out on upgrading to 4K for some more Samsung or Sony sales but Costco has a 75” TCL on sale for $999.99...

I may have to bite...

It's not the TCL everyone is raving about, but I love my Samsung QLED. Got a great price and I have to say like the rest of you I am extremely amazed by what you can see.

I still game and 4k gaming is also so awesome.

Now to find some calbriation setting too.

I’m happy for you Khev on your new tv. It’s awesome watching movies on something new because you notice new details or just appreciate how the movie was filmed better. Here are a couple of still from a movie you brought up a few days ago.View attachment 444803View attachment 444804

Man watching Farrah Fawcett try to cover herself with only a white sheet as a kid. :drool

First time I caught it was on network television as a movie of the week in the early 80's, assumedly with one of these intros:

I miss the opening pageantry they'd provide to get you psyched for whatever was about to play.

Man ABC Sunday Night Movie intro is so bad ass only beaten by HBO’s now super famous early 80’s opening.

I haven’t watched “live tv” going on 6 years now.

Funny story:

As a kid my parents never had cable TV. So one day I'm visiting my cousins in 1983 and my freaking uncle decides to watch "Evilspeak" with his 9 year old son and nephew, lol. That HBO intro started and I thought that it was actually the studio that made Evilspeak, which then translated to me thinking that that movie had one of the most badass intros EVER, lol! Literally to this day I hear the HBO theme and it takes me back to that utterly messed up flick. :lol

Back