The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching wrath of khan. Always loved this one. 25E4E5FE-91A8-4FBC-AF2B-71222E87650E.jpgD1F9FD81-F662-4293-B3D2-14FE8529A588.jpg0857AED3-2AF1-4D09-9D01-F0472BCB9285.jpgE63B6A0C-01CD-4AB4-B5CA-1A04174B5576.jpg

It’s the blu Ray that is a 2k remaster from a couple years ago. It looks phenomenal but I wish they remastered them all for 4K.

The scenes in the nebula really pop and the miniature work on the ships so detailed. Movie has the right amount of film grain and not overly processed with noise reduction. Everyone looks real and not waxy. This movie has always been one of my favorites.

I must echo others' enjoyment of their TCLs. I've had my 65" for a bit now (thanks again for the setting recommendations, jye!), and I'll pop in 4K BDs at night just to watch random scenes in a way I've rarely seen before ... and never before at home. I know some of you aren't big fans of Black Panther, but watching the first time they pass through the trees and enter the main city in HDR 4K ..... glorious.

Yeah jye is the man. Honestly before he mentioned the TCL 6 Series I just dismissed that company as being a cheap knock-off brand, lol. Boy was I wrong!

I hear you about sampling tons of different movies Neal. When I got my TV the other day I instantly wanted to watch every movie all over again but settled for watching about 20-30 minutes of several movies until finally crashing at 2:30 am. It was like being a kid on Christmas again!

Your 65 inch set must be insane, I'm just a simple man who has never had anything above 50 before so my 55 incher is enough to blow me away. I can't imagine how awesome some of you have it with 65, 75, 80, etc. :rock

:lol :lol :lol

I just finished watching Blade 1 on my 80” man do I regret selling my HT Blade figure. :gah:

I need to go see if Blade 4K was ever released I don’t think so.

My 80” is only 1080p but I keep it for the 3D.

Man here we are on the eve of Avengers 4 and Blade is 21 years old!

I always hated it that X-Men 1 and not Blase got credit for the superhero movie revival so not fair.

The trailer for Blade 1 remains one of my favorite if not my favorite superhero trailer ever!

One of the last movie trailers to use a cool voice over.

Raimi’s Spiderman trilogy are my 2nd favorite superhero trailers (I count the trilogy as one sorry I know cheating).

Those trailers show the entire movie though but they’re soooo bad ass.

3rd favorite superhero trailer goes to both of those Suicide Squad trailers.

Honorable mention goes to Avengers 1 trailers.

Last edited:
I ask again where are all the Bond films in 4k? I hope they aren't waiting until the next one gets released!!

That will be one expensive box set.

I don’t need View to a Kill, Octopussy or Moonraker in 4K lol

There are plenty more bad Bond movies I don’t need in 4K.

Hell most Bond movies are bad.

I hated Pierce Brosnan, but liked Dalton, (Connery) and Craig, am I weird?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You stepped over the line this time LOL
I most want the Connery and early Moores. Don't care for most of the Brosnan...but OHMSS is going to be glorious!

I hated Pierce Brosnan, but liked Dalton, (Connery) and Craig, am I weird?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nah, I don’t think so. I would probably put Connery, Dalton, and Craig in my top three movie 007s. I didn’t hate Pierce Brosnan, but I don’t think he ever did another Bond film that matched or surpassed “Goldeneye.” I think I like Connery, Dalton, and Craig quite a bit because they remind me the most of the character from the books.

Nah, I don’t think so. I would probably put Connery, Dalton, and Craig in my top three movie 007s. I didn’t hate Pierce Brosnan, but I don’t think he ever did another Bond film that matched or surpassed “Goldeneye.” I think I like Connery, Dalton, and Craig quite a bit because they remind me the most of the character from the books.

I would agree with that. Dalton was a nice return to form after the Moore comedy version of Bond. I liked his version too but prefer the more serious Bond overall. Connery and Dalton have always been my faves. The opening act of Goldeneye seemed very much like Dalton's Bond.

Question for Jye and Khev - I'm about to get the Sony UBP-X700 player and when checking prices, Amazon kindly shows me there is a newer version of this player. Granted it only has 3 reviews; do either of you know if this player does anything beyond what the X700 does? I can't seem to find too much info on it.

I’m unaware of an updated 2019 X700 model unless they got rid of the 3D lol

Another good option I tell people is the Xbox One it supports 4K, DV, 3D and obviously plays games for a similar price.

Back