The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at tvs at Best Buy and they are pushing 8K... all their center display tvs were 8K.

They have a 75" (or was it 77") LG for $799 too. And 85" everywhere.

The 8K “bee hive” demo they had running it felt like you could reach into the TV and grab the bee that’s how invisible the pixel density is with 8K just jaw dropping.

It looked as if the bee was walking on the tv screen.

Last edited:
Its pretty incredible... but maybe not as impressive as the jump to 4k was originally. Also the 8K sets I saw were already bigger than my 1080p so I was almost equally impressed with the size as well as picture.

That said, I'd still prefer an 85" 4K to a 65" 8K.

By the time broadcast goes 8K they'll be selling me a 1G.

Yeah, I think 8K will be skipped over by most basic consumers who will hang on to their 4K sets until a more significant change comes along. 4K just arrived and already they are pushing 8k. Seems about two years too soon. I don't think tv screens are quite as disposable as people's phones... yet anyway.

So, I thought 4K was the "Last Physical Media" that would ever be made. Guess not, since I don't think most people's internet could support streaming in 8K.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back