The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol

I'm still trying to track down one of those empty cases they're mailing out but so far no luck, lol.

I agree on Venom. It was cool enough and that was renting it at 1080p. I bet it will look awesome in 4K.

Eventually i’ll get my grubby hands on that AM 3D but for now it shall remain elusive and yeah dude for $13 I have to add that Venom to my collection.

Not Marvel. But I ordered House With a Clock in its Walls 4K and ET 4K 35th anniversary for $15 each, and Lego 2 blu ray for $10 for my kids at BB.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I think I'm good until glasses free 3D at home. I don't see any need to move past 4K until then.
I'm with you, but I'll probably make future purchases of 8K, 4K combo packs, assuming the prices aren't ridiculous.

And my wife will roll her eyes, cause she knows what will be coming.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Is 8K equivalent to film? Or is that more like 16K?

4K - 6K = 35mm film

12K = Imax 65-70mm film

I think I'm good until glasses free 3D at home. I don't see any need to move past 4K until then.

I just wish they had gone straight to 8K because that’s the real impressive upgrade from 1080.

I'm with you, but I'll probably make future purchases of 8K, 4K combo packs, assuming the prices aren't ridiculous.

And my wife will roll her eyes, cause she knows what will be coming.

While I obviously buy all new releases in 4K as far as upgrading my collection goes I only upgraded my MCU collection otherwise i’m waiting for 8K.

But MCU couldn’t wait.

Last edited:
But it won’t hurt either lol

Speed limit might be 55 but i’ll gladly drive a Lambo down that road.

It won't help though either, it has no advantage. The vast majority of films since the 90's were mastered at 2K or less, meaning they can't get any better unless they go back to the original film and redo a significant amount of work for editing and coloring and VFX. Ones that were shot on digital cameras can't do that at all. Films that were shot and edited on physical film could get new remasters at 8K, but many old films don't look that good so it would just make larger blurry images. The only thing that 8K would work for is when new content is made at 8K which isn't happening any time soon. Especially for VFX they rarely ever do higher than 2K for the VFX even if the film is mastered at 4K.
If you get an 8K TV right now, there won't be much to watch at 8K for many years to come.

Back