"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've learned to stop carring what the checkers think. I haven't ever stopped buying toys since I was a kid. Some things like Star Wars gets no looks, but somethings like superhero stuff will sometimes. :lol

Oh I don't care about buying toys, I do it all the time, I just felt a little awkward buying multiples of a couple things like that, typically guys you see doing that are flippers just buying them to sell at flea markets and stuff and robbing kids of a chance and I never want to be like that. Some are nice though, I saw a guy buying up all the good AOTC Star Wars preview figures once in Walmart and I commented to my dad about the Jango Fett, apparently not quiet enough because he heard me and gave me one which waas nice of him, some people still put decency over profit.

That's a cool story Sean... I had a similar situation happen to me once, at Celebration III.

Everyone was trying to snag the talking Darth Vader figure exclusive. And the line was like 3 or 4 hours long, and the figure was selling out. People were buying like 5 at a time to sell on Ebay later. And while talking about it to my buddy Daryl, while in line to get David Prowse's autograph, another collector overheard me. He turned to me and told me that he had just got done waiting in line for his, and that he had bought 4 of them. I congratulated him and his patience for doing so, and he offered to sell me one of them at retail. No extra, just what he paid. I was stunned. I still have that figure. Everytime I get a little peeved at collecting, or the shadyness of our hobby... All I have to do is look at that figure and I am reminded that their are good people out there, people who still have kind hearts. :duff

That said, with the Goon masks... I am going to use my masks to use as reference. I'll be sculpting a Joker mask here soon as well as a Goon sculpt, with the mask sculpted on. So... those masks will help a lot in that regard. :rock

That's a cool story Sean... I had a similar situation happen to me once, at Celebration III.

Everyone was trying to snag the talking Darth Vader figure exclusive. And the line was like 3 or 4 hours long, and the figure was selling out. People were buying like 5 at a time to sell on Ebay later. And while talking about it to my buddy Daryl, while in line to get David Prowse's autograph, another collector overheard me. He turned to me and told me that he had just got done waiting in line for his, and that he had bought 4 of them. I congratulated him and his patience for doing so, and he offered to sell me one of them at retail. No extra, just what he paid. I was stunned. I still have that figure. Everytime I get a little peeved at collecting, or the shadyness of our hobby... All I have to do is look at that figure and I am reminded that their are good people out there, people who still have kind hearts. :duff

That said, with the Goon masks... I am going to use my masks to use as reference. I'll be sculpting a Joker mask here soon as well as a Goon sculpt, with the mask sculpted on. So... those masks will help a lot in that regard. :rock

Sweet! Both to your story and about you doing the masks. I'd probably in interested in a Goon mask at least. Or even if there was a way to shrink down the sculpts somehow, that might be easier (if even possible).

Hmm... are the MM pack-in masks about 1/4 scale? They might be too big. I'll have to look at mine.

Why do I ask? Because of the 1/6 Joker bust by Hot Toys, of course. :rock

Hmm... are the MM pack-in masks about 1/4 scale? They might be too big. I'll have to look at mine.

Yeah, between 1/5 and 1/4 I think. Looks to small for my London After Midnight (my only PF), but too big for 1/6. Too bad, the Exclusive Indy would have looked cool with the Batman mask on :lol

You'll be in luck dude. Word is the masks are about 1/4 scale and HT's busts aren't 1/6, they're 1/4 :rock

Wal-Mart Self-Checkout works for me. :lecture

:lol

We're a little behind the times up here, we don't have that technology in our Walmarts :lol Actually, the one I get most of my figures from is about as archaic and run down as you can get, probably one of the oldest Walmarts in Massachusetts.

Last edited:

I will love you forever if you sculpt some quality 1:6 Joker masks.

Would love a goon(s) as well (doubt we will see any mass produced goons, unfortunately).

Some quick pics of a Goon attack (Since the Boss is busy getting his face painted)

dsc00174xf8.jpg

dsc00175hd4.jpg

Since most of you will ask anyway, the set is a box set from the McFarlane Matrix series and the Goon's guns are as well. The Rocket laucher and trenchcoat are from Toybiz's Urban Legends box set Punisher.

I'd love to have that statue in a non-blown up position so if anybody knows of a non-permanent glue I could use, I'd be most grateful!

Any idea if that would stain the white plastic? If not, I'll try and hunt some down.

I think there might be some that is white too, so you could just get that. I don't think you'll find anything that doesn't leave some kinda mark or stain, white plastic is tough, even just time will turn it shades.

I think there might be some that is white too, so you could just get that. I don't think you'll find anything that doesn't leave some kinda mark or stain, white plastic is tough, even just time will turn it shades.

Like all of those "urine" stained Stormtrooper figures? :lol

I got some yellow stuff. It seems to work fairly well, except on the arms.

Face structure is too smooth and round. Ledger has VERY defined features, especially the cheeks, brows, and chin.

From the eyes down needs some work. The hair too. I'm glad they did the bust first so they can work out any tricks with the likeness so the 1:6 figure will be perfect. The facial expression is also a bit odd, probably because we haven't seen him in a pic pulling that face yet.

This thread deserves a better class of photographer, and I'm gonna give it to 'em, you'll see, I'll show ya...

...and here..we..go!

JOKER1.jpg

NOT BEING AN ARROGANT PRICK, JUST USING JOKER QUOTES IN MY EXCITEMENT OVER THE FILM :)

lol :lol

i love it, maul!

anyone find the black suited goon? mine are both dark/navy blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back