"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, MF. Did you add those lines on the forehead?

First, I covered the face with flesh tone and the hair with a blonde tone, then I added some light and dark green highlights in the hair and painted the white in a few coats on the face to have it light in some ares and the lines on the forehead I uses a small brush and just painted the white around the wrinkles in the sculpt.

Very nice Sean! Especially at that scale, not an easy task at all. Looks fantastic. :rock

Thanks Josh, means a lot coming from the Joker painting machine. I have mixed feelings about it, but I don't know if it's the paint job or the fact that spending closer time with the HS, the ways it doesn't look like Heath stand out more and right now I'm particularly keen on getting Heath Joker's that really look like him. Again though, it's a $10 toy, serves that purpose very well and will make a nice stepping stone to HT's greatness. I like Joker better than Batman, particularly because Batman's joints, at least mine, are quite loose, Joker's a solid, sturdy figure.

Well, the thing about painting Heath as the Joker... Les can back me up on this.. is that each time you do it, you get better. And Heath just comes out of it. My sculpt, while not 100% Heath unpainted, is getting closer and closer to looking exactly like him to me. I really can't wait to tackle this figure and see if I can translate some of that into that scale. It will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to it!

And HT??? Oh man, I am DYING to see that.

Well your sculpt is more properly defined as a person. just some angles, the jaw on this MM figure makes me think Jay Leno not Heath Ledger. I'm sure you can probably bring out Heath better than anyone, but I imagine it'll be tough, the only view I really see Heath in is the profile, each time I look at that I hear him from the new trailer "you look nervous". Now if HT could just get us a fully articulated, realistic figure so I can fully unleash my camera, I'll be sound as a pound.

Very nice Maulfan! The darker black (not grey) is a vast improvement over the production paint. I also think you did great on the flesh tone and then white on top - the forehead shows this very well, especially since the Joker seems to have those forehead wrinkle lines somewhat fleshy.

My only advice would be to increase the lipstick area. Mostly just on the upper lip and scar areas. The bottom though, looks great!

Well, the thing about painting Heath as the Joker... Les can back me up on this.. is that each time you do it, you get better. And Heath just comes out of it. My sculpt, while not 100% Heath unpainted, is getting closer and closer to looking exactly like him to me. I really can't wait to tackle this figure and see if I can translate some of that into that scale. It will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to it!

And HT??? Oh man, I am DYING to see that.

You guys to a bang up job on that sculpt! Having one in person, the face is nice and smooth, and very similar to heath in appearance. All of those wrinkles and runny make-up come purely by artist skill. And they LOOK like they are really there too.

And I still think that Josh's is the Best Ledger Joker head out there, especially hair wise. He captured the volume and depth better than Hot Toys, Mattel, or DCD.

PS Got my third Joker Goon mask, so now I have the three main Prologue masks that are visable in the new trailer!

You guys to a bang up job on that sculpt! Having one in person, the face is nice and smooth, and very similar to heath in appearance. All of those wrinkles and runny make-up come purely by artist skill. And they LOOK like they are really there too.

And I still think that Josh's is the Best Ledger Joker head out there, especially hair wise. He captured the volume and depth better than Hot Toys, Mattel, or DCD.

PS Got my third Joker Goon mask, so now I have the three main Prologue masks that are visable in the new trailer!

Thanks a lot man! I still think it was an insane spot of luck that I stumbled upon that base sculpt. I looked for weeks, found that one, ordered it... and have yet to ever see that sculpt available anywhere. It was sheer luck and serendipity that I got it. The hair was the most important part for me. Heath has volume to his hair, even when filthy and wet, so I wanted to make sure to represent that. So far, the HT bust and the DCD version lack that one thing. The hair looks a bit too close to the head.

I was lucky. And I'm just happy that I'm able to paint it to look like Heath and that Les was able to do the same. It's all an illusion. :D

Hey, you deserve every bit of praise. Your Ledger Joker sculpt (with a proper paint job from you or someone like Les) is going to be hard for even Hot Toys to beat. They may be able to a better overall likeness of Heath, but I doubt their paint will bring out the Joker likeness as much. I'm sure they will try though. :D

Here is my latest Joker, just finished tonight... getting closer to completing the whole 13 figure line... :google

DSCN4318.jpg

Holy ^^^^! That kicks ass, DA!!

Tell me...would a laughing/smiling sculpt be possible??

Holy ^^^^! That kicks ass, DA!!

Thanks alot Steve! I'm trying to get one done every so many days. I have a LOT of catching up to do on these. And I really want people to have them soon as well. :rock

A laughing head might be possible, I'm currently looking into other options for this head. Maybe trying to make a laughing version and a "hair up" version for his cop disguise. I'm looking in to it, that's for sure. :D

*sigh*

Nobody bother to checking Meijer. All they have is Indy and maybe Hulk.

My Wal-Mart JUST put out Iron Man, Indy and SOME TDK stuff. As in stuff I don't want. I guess I'll check back tomorrow and hope.

I just want a Joker! Now thanks to scalpers and the news, more people will be snatching up "HEATH LEDGER JOKER!!!11!1!" . :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Nobody bother to checking Meijer. All they have is Indy and maybe Hulk.

My Wal-Mart JUST put out Iron Man, Indy and SOME TDK stuff. As in stuff I don't want. I guess I'll check back tomorrow and hope.

I just want a Joker! Now thanks to scalpers and the news, more people will be snatching up "HEATH LEDGER JOKER!!!11!1!" . :rolleyes:

Your lucky. My WM, TRU, and Target have still not reset the toy section. No TDK, yet. I have to resort to combing through the pallets at WM, late at night, like some goon.

DA if you make a hair down laughing version put me down already for one my friend. :rock....that and your Rorshach are definitely on my radar.

Thanks, Mike. The goon masks will be mine. I just wish they were more screen-accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back