"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.

I may have to go Bannister on this ^^^^!

Man ^^^^ you. Even I don't go to Wal Mart and flip kids toys.(Bannister won't be around for the rest of the evening as he scours the local Wal Marts.):lol:lol:lol

Is anyone else watching the prices on the Masterpiece Joker figure? Some on ebay have gone for over $45??!?!

WTF???? Its not like these are rare and there is still 2 months till the movie comes out.

What?! How is that possible? I just stopped by my local Walmart and saw shelves packed with MM Jokers, Bats, and goons.

If the MM Jokers are fetching a premium after market, I'll just go back tomorrow.

I'm sure the MM figures may fetch good money on eBay because some people only have Walmarts and such close by in heavy areas so they get bought up by the population and scalpers, and i'm sure there are some that if they can't find them at a store too nearby, they'd rather shell out extra cash than run around chasing, possibly for nothing, and waste gas money. Of course if they were smart, they'd check Toys R Us sites and such and just buy them there at retail, I bet even Walmart's site has them.

Just went to another local WM today. Saw about 6 or 7 jokers among a ton of Batman and goons. Not hard to find.

Watched the trailer for the millionth time, and caught this towards the end -

Looks like he is cruising through a mall or airport of some sorts.

And another -

:lol

Last edited:
Just got my Goon today, a really awesome figure... I'm really impressed with it. And now at last I have the reference I need to make the full 1:6th scale version soon. I love that mask. :rock

Just got my Goon today, a really awesome figure... I'm really impressed with it. And now at last I have the reference I need to make the full 1:6th scale version soon. I love that mask. :rock

That mask that is on the Goon figure is my favorite too. The Joker mask is cool and all because it is the Joker's, but that Goon mask is probably the creepiest.

That mask that is on the Goon figure is my favorite too. The Joker mask is cool and all because it is the Joker's, but that Goon mask is probably the creepiest.

Yeah, something about it is just eerie. And the costume adds to it, that western style drawstring tie and dark suit... he looks like a total freak. I love it.

YAY! I found the Joker. :banana

He needs bicep joints. Weird they left those out.

This sucks. No TRUs, no Wally Worlds, no Target have any of the TDK stuff. :(

No more yay. The left hand on my Joker was stuck, but I manage to get it loose by 'boil & pop'. BOTH his hips are stuck, only one managed to get undone, but the other won't be going anywhere (unless it falls off). It's too stressed. Now it's wobbly.

My brother's was fine in all those areas, BUT the right forearm was put on backwards (he didn't notice till afterwards).

*sigh*

I think I'll hang on to it until I find another and maybe switch parts or something.

Mattel totally dropped the ball on quality. The plastic for some parts are very soft and others very brittle. It's not paint or glue (maybe the hips) everything is pretty much casted in that color.

They better do better on the next series.

:rolleyes:

image.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Mattel totally dropped the ball on quality. The plastic for some parts are very soft and others very brittle. It's not paint or glue (maybe the hips) everything is pretty much casted in that color.

They better do better on the next series.

I wouldn't count on it. While these are nicer than the standard TDK figures coming out, they still say "cheap toy" when you look at them, they're just ever so more higher end to draw in collector's like us that buy Sideshow and Hot Toys etc. to spend money towards them, but ultimately they're still going to be treated as toys, and considering how saturated the market seems to be with them, they're not even made rare really either.

I think the MM series is really well done for figures. My Goon is amazing, I love that thing. Only thing that was missing was a gun. His hand is made for one, but no gun came with him.

Still, they are very nice figures for that scale. I'm happy with them. They just need to release the Two Face already. :D

No matter how hard i try i can't become that big of a batman fan. I dunno what it is, i like BB but it's just something about the character i can't get into. The DK looks to be awesome and i'm going to see it and most likely i'll think it's really awesome but i doubt it'll make me a huge fan.(kinda sucks to as i'm totally open to it).

I'm hoping this movie is as good as IM cause thats the only thing i see bringing me over. (i used to collect batman comics as a kid and toys and watch the old shows but i dunno man.

Ya think the TB movies coulda killed it for me????:duh

I'm a huge Batman fan, but I can't get into these figures. I saw the MM one's the other day. They're nice, but I have no interest in buying them.

I'm a huge Batman fan, but I can't get into these figures. I saw the MM one's the other day. They're nice, but I have no interest in buying them.

I'd probably be the same way if HT figures were out now, but since they're not, this is getting me by.

I think the MM series is really well done for figures. My Goon is amazing, I love that thing. Only thing that was missing was a gun. His hand is made for one, but no gun came with him.

Still, they are very nice figures for that scale. I'm happy with them. They just need to release the Two Face already. :D

I agree. I love all my MM figs. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary with the ones I bought. The goon is still the best (in terms of quality), in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back