"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 theories based on his face in that image.

1) Someone, (Batman, Two-Face, Harvey, rival crime boss), burnt his money and he's pissed at them.

2) Someone stopped taking him seriously as a criminal so he burns it all to show that he is not someone to be ^^^^ed with or taken lightly. Afterall, he is psychotic so it's feasible for him to think it rational to burn millions of dollars to prove a point haha.

1) Someone, (Batman, Two-Face, Harvey, rival crime boss), burnt his money and he's pissed at them.

2) Someone stopped taking him seriously as a criminal so he burns it all to show that he is not someone to be ^^^^ed with or taken lightly. Afterall, he is psychotic so it's feasible for him to think it rational to burn millions of dollars to prove a point haha.

Number 2 would just add to that level of intensity and psychopathic murderous clown image that we associate with Ledger's Joker.

3) He feels the need to prove himself to another crime lord and burns all they're money to show he's THE man to reckon with in Gotham.

Good theories Maulfan!

But maybe, its not even his money. It might be someone elses like Maroni or Wayne?

Ammended :)

Or Buttmunch's idea sounds very legitimate as well.

I think it's pretty funny that we are studying and analyzing this trailer inside and out like we are writing a college thesis :lol

See, all this is why the movie is gonna be even better than BB!!! God I can't wait!!!

Who is gonna be seeing this in IMAX?

I am! At Midnight too (hopefully they have an earlier one like 8PM though). I was a little doubtful about an Imax movie until I saw the prologue! When they jumped out the buildig on the zipline, I littlerly got butterflys in my stomach like I would going down a roller coaster! It just seems so much more real on that huge screen. Its crazy!

See, all this is why the movie is gonna be even better than BB!!! God I can't wait!!!

Totally. Begins was entertaining and all, but I don't think at anypoint you were nervous about the outcome, you knew Batman would win, the girl would get saved, yadi yadi yadi. With TDK, every new thing that comes out adds to the "all bets are off" vibe. I really think other than Batman, anyone can die in this movie and anything can happen, it'll be an edge of the seat cliffhanger from start to finish.

:D

Or Buttmunch's idea sounds very legitimate as well.

I think it's pretty funny that we are studying and analyzing this trailer inside and out like we are writing a college thesis :lol

You're not?

:lol

Just shows what huge fans/nerds we are. Sad thing is when we watch the movie we will be like "They cut out shot #42 from trailer #3!"

I am! At Midnight too (hopefully they have an earlier one like 8PM though). I was a little doubtful about an Imax movie until I saw the prologue! When they jumped out the buildig on the zipline, I littlerly got butterflys in my stomach like I would going down a roller coaster! It just seems so much more real on that huge screen. Its crazy!

This is probably the first movie that I'll bother to actually watch at IMAX...looks like I'm going to have to be lining up extra early as it seems that this movie is going to be BIG

Totally. Begins was entertaining and all, but I don't think at anypoint you were nervous about the outcome, you knew Batman would win, the girl would get saved, yadi yadi yadi. With TDK, every new thing that comes out adds to the "all bets are off" vibe. I really think other than Batman, anyone can die in this movie and anything can happen, it'll be an edge of the seat cliffhanger from start to finish.

Also Gordon and Alfred. They're a big part of Batman when he is at his prime.

EVERYONE else is expendable though.

This is probably the first movie that I'll bother to actually watch at IMAX...looks like I'm going to have to be lining up extra early as it seems that this movie is going to be BIG

Here anyway, we can buy our tickets on-line weeks in advance. Heck, I have my Indy tickets already for 2 weeks from today!

The second these go on sale, I'm out the door and buying them. There is only ONE Imax screen, so it will surely go quick!

Totally agree with you there MaulFan. Nolan is making me forget the "dark ages" that was the Joel Schumacher movies

Also Gordon and Alfred. They're a big part of Batman when he is at his prime.

EVERYONE else is expendable though.

Honestly, while I think they're important and you can't do away with them, I think even they have an odds of being wiped out in this movie. I just get the feeling no one is safe, which is great because everything that happens I'll be like "oh no is he dead" or whatever haha. Best way to pin a hero against the wall is to jeopardize everything that's important to him.

I really like that last sentence you said MF. But the thing is that if they do kill off Gordon or Alfred it'll be like X-Men 3 all over again for me.

Just shows what huge fans/nerds we are. Sad thing is when we watch the movie we will be like "They cut out shot #42 from trailer #3!"

I've come to expect that. I never really caught the Begins trailers so I don't know if anything was in there that didn't make the film, but often trailers are cut before the effects and editing are done, so sometimes things differ a bit from the trailers. Hell, the shot of Two-Face in the car could end up being seen from outside the car looking in at his disfigured face for all we know and they used the other shot for trailer sake not to spoil things.

I really like that last sentence you said MF. But the thing is that if they do kill off Gordon or Alfred it'll be like X-Men 3 all over again for me.

I'd hate it too, I just don't get a sense that anyone's won the immunity award, they could all get voted off the island :lol

I could see Two-Face killing off Alfred in the third one, but think it would be too early here. I just can't see them killing of Gordon though, maybe seriously wounding him, but not killing him. But Alfred's death could add a much needed spark of darkness it Batman.

I would be stunned if they killed off Alfred, he is almost as important as Batman himself.

I think the only thing that grounds Bruce and keeps him from being consumed by "the Batman" is Alfred.

Alfred must not die.

I could see Two-Face killing off Alfred in the third one, but think it would be too early here. I just can't see them killing of Gordon though, maybe seriously wounding him, but not killing him. But Alfred's death could add a much needed spark of darkness it Batman.

Which raises something else, does Harvey learn of Batman and Wayne being one and the same and then it becomes a point of attack and leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back