"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the suit look more lowball than the original BB suit? It looks like the just put some pieces of armor over a kevlar suit. It does look killer no doubt, but it looks like they should have had this one in BB and the BB one in TDK.

Another new poster:

milkaq8.png

That makes him look pretty tough and menacing, I must say.

I can't help but wonder how cool a "Got Chocolate Milk?" with the Joker would be. :lol

Or if Batman had the "joke" nipple suit on in this ad! :lol

You know....if the snub award legacy continues you could very well see Ledger take home the Oscar for this role since he was snubbed for Brokeback Mountain. It'd be for supporting actor and he lost in leading role but it could happen.

Heath will get plenty of accolades for his portrayal of the Joker. I believe he WILL get an Oscar Nom...

As for that pic of the TDK Suit, it is killer!

But I still prefer the Original Begins/TDK suit. It will be a lot of fun to hear the story behind the changes in the Film.

July 18 is too far away. It's killing me! I bet James is finishing up the Score. I have the BB soundtrack and it is beautifully Composed. Yeah, I know Zimmer is involved but JNH is the reason BB was so hauntingly well done IMO. All you need to do is listen to the Kong Soundtrack and you'll know what I mean.

Have they ever had an Oscar nomination for somebody already dead? I know there have been some that died after their nomination, but what about one dead long before the nominations take place?

I would LOVE to see him win it for this, if anything, just to show these Superhero movies can be award winners too.

Have they ever had an Oscar nomination for somebody already dead? I know there have been some that died after their nomination, but what about one dead long before the nominations take place?

I would LOVE to see him win it for this, if anything, just to show these Superhero movies can be award winners too.

I'm sure there have been several considering all the Categories.

July 18 is too far away. It's killing me! I bet James is finishing up the Score. I have the BB soundtrack and it is beautifully Composed. Yeah, I know Zimmer is involved but JNH is the reason BB was so hauntingly well done IMO. All you need to do is listen to the Kong Soundtrack and you'll know what I mean.

That is a really nice score, especially when it was a last minute rush job, I can only image what he'd have done with proper time.

Zimmer is good, but I think James Newton Howards parts are what really make the BB soundtrack so good.

Both have distinctly different sounds. Fortunately, BB is dominated by JNH. His sound is better fitted for Nolan's world.

I find Zimmer's style is fitting for grand action sequences, which I'm guessing he's more behind Molossus for the Tumbler chase. JNH is good for moody and emotional pieces like Corynorhinus.

Did some googling and found this. Not sure if the actors died before the nominations were announced though. There have also been posthumous Oscars for people in other categories.

"British actor Peter Finch (with his second nomination and sole win) was awarded the Best Actor Oscar for his role as crazed, suicidal, UBS network anchor-man and fired 'mad prophet of the airwaves' Howard Beale - memorable for his immortal line: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore." Finch's award was presented post-humously - he was the fourth actor to be honored with a posthumous nomination and the first and only posthumous winner for Best Actor.

[Others with posthumous nominations - but without awards - were Jeanne Eagels for The Letter (1928-29), James Dean for East of Eden (1955) and Giant (1956), Spencer Tracy for Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967), Ralph Richardson for Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan (1984), and Massimo Troisi for Il Postino (1995)"

EDIT: I do remember now that Massimo Troisi did die way before they announced the nominations that year. So Heath definitely has a chance!! :)

The fact that Heath was nominated before really helps. The Academy seems to favor those nominated previously. I still am shocked that Johnny Depp was nominated for Jack Sparrow. I imagine Heath's Joker will be just as memorable as Jack Sparrow, so everything is looking good for a nomination.

The fact that Heath was nominated before really helps. The Academy seems to favor those nominated previously. I still am shocked that Johnny Depp was nominated for Jack Sparrow. I imagine Heath's Joker will be just as memorable as Jack Sparrow, so everything is looking good for a nomination.

Yeah, just like how Daniel Day Lewis won for the atrocity that was "There Will Be Blood"! He only won that because the committee felt guilty for not giving it to him for Gangs or LOTM. At least Heath will deserve it if he is nominated and/or wins for his role in TDK. DDL did not deserve it for TWBB.

Yeah, just like how Daniel Day Lewis won for the atrocity that was "There Will Be Blood"! He only won that because the committee felt guilty for not giving it to him for Gangs or LOTM. At least Heath will deserve it if he is nominated and/or wins for his role in TDK. DDL did not deserve it for TWBB.

:horror I don't think we saw the same movie...

08_ddl_lgl.jpg

I

drink
your
milkshake!

DDL did not deserve it for TWBB.

You might not have liked his performance, but it was stronger than the other nominees, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Tommy Lee Jones, and Viggo Mortensen.

I think Heath has a good chance of a nomination, but probably not the win is my guess. It's still very early, we'll have to see what other performances roll out this year.

Heath will get plenty of accolades for his portrayal of the Joker. I believe he WILL get an Oscar Nom...

They would only do that out of pity, not because of his portrayal of the Joker.

You might not have liked his performance, but it was stronger than the other nominees, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Tommy Lee Jones, and Viggo Mortensen.

I think Heath has a good chance of a nomination, but probably not the win is my guess. It's still very early, we'll have to see what other performances roll out this year.

George, Viggo, and Casey all ruled their parts to the nth degree. Tommy was ok, but Josh should have gotten the nomination. Dan was just boring, not powerful. I'm not saying this just because. I went into this movie thinking it was gonna be killer and Dan was gonna rule the day and I left tired. It was sooooo long and drawn out. When he was doing his bit at the end, I was getting bored as ^^^^. It was so not believable. I think this was the, "Oops, we're sorry for not giving you one earlier" Oscar.

And while Heath might not win, he more than deserves one for some of his previous movies. Maybe he will get some kind of lifetime award, short as it tragically was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back