"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DDL as Daniel Plainview is one of the most compelling and disturbing performances ever committed to film. Not only did he deserve to win, they shouldn't have even bothered nominating anyone else.

why is it that it was rushed ?.

I forget who, I think Howard Shore, was originally slated and started to score the movie, but something happened and they had to find a replacement and signed JNH on pretty close to release time. Jackson did good with Kong, but some things show clear signs of how the project fell behind and had to be rushed to meet the release.

I think there's way too much going on in the recent banners and posters. The random floating debree and stuff in all of the pictures seems pretty pointless. "How do we make these posters more dramatic? Ummm... add debree to make it look like something jsut blew up. Oh, and make it a freeze frame!" Also, since he IS the Joker, why the hell aren't the posters and banners of him smiling? Why so serious?

I think there's way too much going on in the recent banners and posters. The random floating debree and stuff in all of the pictures seems pretty pointless. "How do we make these posters more dramatic? Ummm... add debree to make it look like something jsut blew up. Oh, and make it a freeze frame!" Also, since he IS the Joker, why the hell aren't the posters and banners of him smiling? Why so serious?

Yeah, they're pure chaos. But isn't that the point?

I do agree with you on the Joker thing, though. He should be smiling.

Ledger looks like Johnny Depp in that pic.

Depp was my first choice for the Joker, and would still be my first choice to replace Ledger. He is the only one I think looks enough like Heath and has the acting ability to pull it off as well.

Don't you see the smile? It practically goes to his ear!

Seriously. The scars are there for the "smile." Him not actually smiling, but yet looking like he is smiling, is an element that makes him creepy. When he actually DOES smile, its even better. Notice we really haven't got any shots of him smiling. Some small smiles, but nothing BIG.

Seriously. The scars are there for the "smile." Him not actually smiling, but yet looking like he is smiling, is an element that makes him creepy. When he actually DOES smile, its even better. Notice we really haven't got any shots of him smiling. Some small smiles, but nothing BIG.

Interesting point, really, other than a couple shots of him laughing with insanity, we haven't really seen any smiling outside of like slight smirk. Makes him more psychotic I think, the contradition of a smiling makeup job against a stern face.

You do know this was his second oscar.

But I was saying they were giving it to him for Gangs or Last. I know he got one already for My Left Foot.

And like I said, I wanted to love TWWB so badly. But after awhile, it was just seemed atrocious. I'll give you the first 30 minutes were killer. But after that, I was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back