"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lolzhs0.jpg

This new trailer makes Joker so much more menacing (not that he wasn't to begin with).

So true :rock

This is the best trailer released yet. It does a really good job of bouncing between the 3 mains Bruce, Joker and Harvey Dent, between action and dialogue and even has a great one liner from Gordon to cap it. Heath looks amazing in the interrogation scene. So brilliant to have the Joker captured. He looks both amused and bored but oddly still in control of his environment when in police custody.

Man, what a great trailer.... Joker just seems so evil and dark in those bits, interesting to hear alternate takes on his lines. I think that lower tone and more drawn out version of the "criminal" line is amazing, right on the money with it's creep factor. And the line about the good people of Gotham was brilliant. I have never been so blown away from an actor's performance on trailers alone, I have a feeling that the actual film is going to blow my mind. Heath really pulled out all the stops with this role.... :rock

Man, what a great trailer.... Joker just seems so evil and dark in those bits, interesting to hear alternate takes on his lines. I think that lower tone and more drawn out version of the "criminal" line is amazing, right on the money with it's creep factor. And the line about the good people of Gotham was brilliant. I have never been so blown away from an actor's performance on trailers alone, I have a feeling that the actual film is going to blow my mind. Heath really pulled out all the stops with this role.... :rock

I feel the same way. When I first heard Heath was going to be the Joker, I thought it was a terrible idea that would only lead to Brokeback Batman jokes. But when I saw the first trailer with actual footage, I was instantly sold on him at the Joker. Absolutely amazing and EXACTLY the way I would have portrayed the Joker. This is truely his best performance and I'm deeply saddened he never got to hear the praise for it, nor have the opportunity to reprise it.

You know... for me it was the opposite. I always knew that Ledger was a great actor, and when he was announced... I did my best to put everyone at ease. I assured them that an actor with Ledger's pedigree and style would not allow for a bad version of the Joker. And I had all confidence in Nolan to pick Ledger because he knew he was going to blow the lid off the part.

So it was the most amazing feeling to see it in motion and know that my gut feeling had been correct. Each and every trailer has been fantastic and every line that has been revealed... pure gold. I'm just so terribly sorry that Heath will never get to see how people react to his performance or how much it will resonate with the generations to come. I guess he will see it, in a way... somewhere on another plane of existence, knowing that he pulled it off and gave us the best work of his career. :duff

I think my biggest problem with Heath, was that I hadn't seen many of his films. I've only seen A Knight's Tale and The Brothers Grimm. Most of his other stuff just wasn't my cup of tea when it came to film genres. So to be fair, I didn't have much to go on in terms of his talent.

But man, he was Born to play the Joker. Literally. I mean, he died just after finishing it. THANKFULLY he finished it. I just can't imagine what they would have had to do if they were 70% done shooting and he died. They couldn't have replaced him at that point.

Yeah, Ledger was an artist at the core... he chose roles that were not the norm for his age, always trying to push the boundaries of his craft. The Joker was another notch in his belt, a way to push at the edges of madness... to peek into the mind of a madman. And he did it so well that it caused him to lose sleep. That is devotion to one's art..

I am very happy that he finished the film, it would have been even more tragic if he hadn't finished the film. But as it stands, it looks like we will see Mr. Ledger's final masterpiece in another 30+ days.

From what I have seen, his part in the film will not disappoint.

those anyone know if or when sideshow will have these up for pre-order?

I don't think Sideshow lets us order the movies:lol:monkey3

But if you mean either the Hot Toys, DC Direct or any other manufacturer for the Dark Knight, then no, Sideshow will not carry these.

Reported final run-time: 152 minutes.

That'd be fantastic. I really anticipate I'm going to see it, enjoy it so much that I walk right into the next showing and see it twice in a row, depending on how hung over I still am from the previous 4 days.

That'd be fantastic. I really anticipate I'm going to see it, enjoy it so much that I walk right into the next showing and see it twice in a row, depending on how hung over I still am from the previous 4 days.

That's what I'm doing. IMAX twice in a row! :banana

sorry, if it's already been posted, but anyone with Comcast there are a bunch of mini-documentaries on TDK under On Demand

But man, he was Born to play the Joker. Literally. I mean, he died just after finishing it. THANKFULLY he finished it. I just can't imagine what they would have had to do if they were 70% done shooting and he died. They couldn't have replaced him at that point.

At 70%, the film would probably have been cut short. Any less and he would have had to be replaced. But there are several actors out there with great potiential pulling off the Joker. Example: Just like with Ledger, say they picked... Ben Affleck. Fans would cry foul just because they hate the pretty boy, but once they see his protrail, and it's great; all of a sudden they have a change of heart.

This movie will deliver everything ! :rock
I can't wait for this !! :rock

Better hope so :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back