"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try to go on monday, we have a kick ass theater called the WARREN, up stairs you sit on couches and has surround sound, you can buy drinks and food, tickets are like $ 20 though.

Just got back and wow! What an awesome movie. I think the comic movie bar has been set. And that can only mean great things for us fans.

Ledger was brilliant. Easily the best performance in any comic movie ever! Even better than Christopher Reeve as Superman. I can't wait to see it again.

I'm going for my third time in just over an hour :rock

Seeing it on a standard screen this time just to see what difference that makes.

I'm going for my third time in just over an hour :rock

Seeing it on a standard screen this time just to see what difference that makes.

I'm thinking about going tomorrow to see it on the standard screen. I got my movie cash from the Batman Begins blu-ray.:banana

To be honest I found myself wanting to see Ledger and not Bale, the Joker was just that good.

That is probably why the abundance of Dent in this film was just ok for me; I think they should have introduced him and shown his rise as a great DA and left it at that - he detracted from Ledger's amazing portrayal.

To be honest I found myself wanting to see Ledger and not Bale, the Joker was just that good.

That is probably why the abundance of Dent in this film was just ok for me; I think they should have introduced him and shown his rise as a great DA and left it at that - he detracted from Ledger's amazing portrayal.

Thank you! I agree 100%. One of the things lacking from the film was more Joker. Having a big hunk of the end be relegated to Dent/Two Face was unnecessary IMO. Show Dents rise to power, maybe show some of his turn into Two Face and leave anything else for another film. I think this film could have stood well with just ONE villain instead of two. *sigh*

I wasn't blown away by the whole package, but I did love a lot of stuff about it. With no disrespect to Heath Ledger, who was great, I felt Aaron Eckhart was the real standout. I think it's much harder to sell a straight laced, sincere person. And his post-accident face was some of the best CGI I've ever seen.
I am glad that it's living up to people's expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Nolan and crew to do atleast one more. Anything else is gravy.

Gonna try to go on monday, we have a kick ass theater called the WARREN, up stairs you sit on couches and has surround sound, you can buy drinks and food, tickets are like $ 20 though.

I saw it at the Warren theater today. It was my first time and it was the best movie going experience I have ever had. My girlfriend and I ate in the dinning area before the movie. After seating we ordered drinks (I had a couple of 32oz Bud Lights for $5 each). There were a total of three times during the movie that the audience applauded. Everybody was so in to it.

This theater has given me a reason to leave my 7.1 surround sound, 1080p picture, and comfortable couch. Before today, I would only do that if there was something that I just had to see before DVD/Blu-Ray release. Now I'm making up excuses to go back as soon as possible.

I absolutely loved the movie! All of the performances were great. Heath's Ledger's does stand out. Also Aaron Eckhart's too. I expect to see Two-Face in the next Batman movie as the main villain. It was nice seeing Scarecrow again in the beginning for a little bit. I don't have the luck of seeing it in an IMAX. Go figure. Our two local IMAX theaters in the New Orleans area are NOT showing it! :horror Wow, that sucks. But I saw it at my nice Grand Theater nearby. I may see it again this weekend. Our movie critic in the New Orleans newspaper, The Times-Picayune, called it "the best comic book movie I've seen". It was one of the best in my book too. Chris Nolan has got a winning "reboot" of the Batman franchise that could go on and on for a few more movies. I hope he and Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman stick with it for a long time to come! Who knows...maybe we'll see Gordon's little girl become Batgirl someday! That'd be great to see Nolan's take on her. :D

I'm going tomorrow to see it at the Palisades Mall IMAX. Man, the wait is killing me. By everybody's response, not only has the Super Hero movie bar been raised, but so has the Action movie bar.

Let's keep spoilery discussions for the other thread - the lame Arclight didn't have the awesome Watchmen trailer on the front of TDK, but they were setting up this as I was leaving...

pod1.jpg

And here's how they got it there...

pod2.jpg

Watchmen Trailer played at the Arclight Dome yesterday. It was basically unimpressive, no crowd reaction at all. T4 got a round of applause.

Pod look bad ass, D. Thanks. Missed it.

Watchmen Trailer played at the Arclight Dome yesterday. It was basically unimpressive, no crowd reaction at all. T4 got a round of applause.

That crowd SUCKS, then. :confused:

Seriously, WATCHMEN is one of the best trailers I've ever seen. That is not an exaggeration or hyperbole. I mean it.

The Watchmen trailer was awesome on the big screen, but yeah, there was absolutely no reaction at the theater I was in either. For people who aren't familiar with the source material, which I assume is most of the general public, it probably does come off a bit weird.

Pod look bad ass, D. Thanks. Missed it.

I didn't see it in the dome (hate that auditorium), but in one of the 10 other houses they had it in. I was really disappointed going into the theatre because I'd read that the pod would be there. Getting out just as they were setting up was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back