"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised that Watchmen got a standing ovation at the midnight showing. Good crowd that night. But the next day I went to small town theater... no reaction at all. Even my Wife was confused. I had to explain it all to her.

Going again tomorrow to see TDK... :rock

I didn't see it in the dome (hate that auditorium), but in one of the 10 other houses they had it in. I was really disappointed going into the theatre because I'd read that the pod would be there. Getting out just as they were setting up was great.

Well, we did see The WM Trailer Friday am in the Dome. It just ain't right, I tells ya. :lecture And the crowd there was hard core, Irish, Hollywood People and Fan Boys, WM Trailer just sort of sat there. The Watchmen outfit looked cool though.

T4 was a Teaser, not much there but it left much to the imagination and a few shots with Bale brought applause, it was very well done.

Last edited:
I like the Watchmen trailer because the scene they showed are right out of the novel. Not in love with the song selection or the CGI, though.

Is something unclear about my assessment of the Watchmen trailer?

Just saw this at Imax. Best movie I have seen in a long time. I was completely enthralled from the minute it started until the final credits. Can't wait to see it again. :rock :rock :rock

That crowd SUCKS, then. :confused:

Seriously, WATCHMEN is one of the best trailers I've ever seen. That is not an exaggeration or hyperbole. I mean it.

Well, this Crowd happened to be Hollywood people and hard-core fan boys...

I think the reason why, if you can follow me, is that T4 came on first with shots of Bale and it was quick and dirty. The Crowd was so amped for TDK, and many of us were in the Nolan "CGI sucks" camp, then Watchmen came on and it was plagued with plasticy looking CGI and it was too busy...

So it really didn't play well in all honesty.

I honestly cannot imagine a crowd of "hardcore fanboys" not loving the WATCHMEN trailer. Must be the smog. ;)

I honestly cannot imagine a crowd of "hardcore fanboys" not loving the WATCHMEN trailer. Must be the smog. ;)

There was no reaction to it at all... it was like "Whatever". I tried to explain the vibe to you but 1200 people can't ALL be braindead at the same time. :lol

Sorry Bro, way it went down... with this TDK audience anyway.

But some of us have seen it with TDK audiences (and lots of fanboys) and the reaction was much different. There was much clapping at one of the showings I went to. There was even a "Standing O" at one of the show's DarkArtist went to.

And weird that your same audience had such a positive reaction to the T4 trailer. Must just be a Hollywood thing. :huh

But some of us have seen it with TDK audiences (and lots of fanboys) and the reaction was much different. There was much clapping at one of the showings I went to. There was even a "Standing O" at one of the show's DarkArtist went to.

And weird that your same audience had such a positive reaction to the T4 trailer. Must just be a Hollywood thing. :huh

Who knows, I think the busy CGI stuff in it wasn't well received. T4 was extremely well done IMO.

Anyways, time to move on to TDK stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back